Looking For Advise On Salary Range Design/creative Sector

Topic locked
Looking for advise on salary range design/creative sector Jan 28, 2013
Hi all, I am considering a move to Dubai soon but am hoping to find some info to help with my decision.

I am 34, male and from London, England. I am an experienced graphic designer/art director and have been working as a freelancer for some major clients here in the UK. There has always been the impression that the tax-free salaries in Dubai for design jobs in the media/publishing/creative agencies are really good, as good as in the UK. But I have also heard that in more recent years the influx of workers has lowered salaries and made jobs more difficult to get.

Could anyone advise on what kind of salary I could expect from a senior graphic design role in Dubai? Is it going to be possible to secure a job from here in London? I have seen a few jobs advertised, but none state a salary.

Also, would the company pay for my VISA/work permit? Are there any issues regarding obtaining a VISA to be aware of? Could a mortgage, credit cards, any bad credit etc, block things?

Any advise on offer would be great.

Alisdair
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Looking For Advise On Salary Range Design/creative Secto Feb 05, 2013
The highest salary I heard of in this field is 15000 DHS - I actually knew a Graphic Designer / animator in Dubai who had 15 000 DHS but it was 9 years ago.
Regarding VISA and work permit it is usually done and paid for by the company.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Looking For Advise On Salary Range Design/creative Secto Feb 05, 2013
Andyba, thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure if 15,000DHS would be the highest. That's roughly £26,000 I believe, which is a low salary for a designer.
Alisdair
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Looking for advise on salary range design/creative secto Feb 08, 2013
Hi Alisdair,

I have many friends working in this field and I am afraid that the current rate for a Graphic Designer is around AED 15k-20k per month.

The rate for an Art Director is around AED 20k-30k per month.

Good luck!
nikkisizer
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Looking For Advise On Salary Range Design/creative Secto Feb 08, 2013
Thanks for your reply, Nikki. 20k is a reasonable tax-free salary. If you have any friends who could use a new designer then please get in touch!
Alisdair
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai