Cancelling Visa From Australia

Topic locked
Cancelling Visa From Australia Aug 03, 2009
I am an Australian citizen who has recently returned home from the UAE.

For personal reasons (not financially related whatsoever) I had to leave Dubai very quickly and did not cancel my visa.

I am now trying to cancel my visa through my ex-employer however they are insistent that I must return to the UAE to do so. There are no issues between myself and my employer with respect to payments, entitlements etc... purely a matter of needing to cancel the visa so that they can have their bond returned from Ministry of Labor and so that I am not held liable for absconding.

Can you please advise whether it is possible to cancel the visa from Australia and how to do this (ie through UAE Embassy in Australia, sending copies of passport/visa etc..)?

sh101
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 04, 2009
Staying out of the country for 6 months automatically cancels your Visa. Only other way to cancel your Visa from abroad is to send them your passport. If you trust them enough to cancel and send it back to you !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 04, 2009
They do require your passport to cancel the visa, there's not much of a way round that unfortunately.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 11, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Staying out of the country for 6 months automatically cancels your Visa.

It expires, not the same as cancelled. Passport still needs to be sent for cancellation.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 18, 2009
So it's really possible just to send the passport back here in Dubai and be done with it?

I know of one case also who doesn't want to go back because of the expense involved, anyone here knows how it works?
DDS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2009
DDS wrote:So it's really possible just to send the passport back here in Dubai and be done with it?

Yes AFAIK.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai