Anyone In Dubai Associated With Manufacturing/Production Eng

Topic locked
Anyone in Dubai associated with Manufacturing/Production Eng Apr 09, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am hoping to find some answers here and possibly suggestions for my situation.

Currently I am looking at what career prospects exist in Dubai regards to Manufacturing/Production Engineering. I have graduated as a manufacturing engineer two years ago and currently finishing my Masters in Engineering Management. I have industry experience in electronics and energy but not directly manufacturing engineering.

Problem is, all the job posting I have viewed require a minimum of 5-10 years experience. I have even looked at some recruitment websites and applied but no luck, I'm guessing due to the experience.

So my questions is:

1. what is (if any) the manufacturing industry like in Dubai? I am not fixed on one type of industry and am open to a variety such as products, automation, energy, metal etc.

2. Given my position, are there companies willing to offer positions where they employ and train an individual for supervisory or management roles since this is what I'm studying for OR they only want someone with experience?

3. Also, do you know of any companies off the top of your head? I really have no luck when it comes to recruitment agencies :? .

I really need some advice from people who know about or are currently in the industry to provide me with some guidance.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated :P

Regards
Buu

--- Apr 14, 2012 ---

No one? Someone must be able to shed some light!

buu
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai