Web Development Jobs In Dubai

Topic locked
Web development jobs in Dubai May 14, 2006
Hi

Firstly I want to say thank you for this forum it is really very helpful.

My name is Alexan and I am from Syria. I am a web developer experienced with JAVA and ASP.NET.

I have the following questions please:
1-What’s the best way to find a job as a web developer in Dubai?
2-I am thinking about visiting Dubai for 2 weeks and arrange for interviews before my trip. would you advice me to go this way?
3-Checking indexuae.com I found a huge number of web development companies, could you please name few from the best ones’ so that I can contact them to arrange for interviews?
4- My brother recently moved to Dubai from KSA so how could he help me finding a job?
Thanks
Alexan

Alexan
Dubai Forum User

Re: Web development jobs in Dubai May 14, 2006
Alexan wrote:3-Checking indexuae.com I found a huge number of web development companies,

That about sums it up. It's a very competitive industry here - larger number of skilled developers prepared to work for low wages.

Internet/Media city would be worth a visit. Check their websites - maybe they have some useful contact informatiom.

Try some of the job agencies. Ask your brother to send you the job section of the Gulf News (if it's not online).

Look at some UAE websites and contact the design companies of the ones that you're impressed with.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Web development jobs in Dubai May 14, 2006
sharewadi wrote: larger number of skilled developers prepared to work for low wages.

This is exactly what I was worried about. But how much bad the situation is? is it really impossible to find a job with an acceptable sallary?

I am reading the classifieds in gulfnews and khaleejtimes and I've sent my CV to few companies but I think I should be there in person.
Alexan
Dubai Forum User

Re: Web development jobs in Dubai May 15, 2006
Alexan wrote:This is exactly what I was worried about. But how much bad the situation is? is it really impossible to find a job with an acceptable sallary?

I am reading the classifieds in gulfnews and khaleejtimes and I've sent my CV to few companies but I think I should be there in person.

No, not impossible, just difficult.

Being here in person helps. Especially here - many jobs are acquired through networking.

A couple of web development agencies I've names of are Cybergear and Flipmedia. Have no idea how big or small, packages, etc though.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted