Tourism Culture & Marketing

Topic locked
Nov 26, 2007
:D

1 or 2% is normaly what you would expect from a mail drop :)

will also help you cut down on all the bruised knuckes from the doors you have to bang on.

dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 26, 2007
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the hotel link. I already checked the career side. But there are no suitable vacancies at the moment.
I checked different job options and I think
- Public Relations Representative and
- Guest Relations Manager
are the two most interesting job positions for me at the moment.

What do you think ist better: Sending seperate applicatons (some for PR Rep and some for Guest R.) or sending applications for both job positions together?
Fernweh
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 26, 2007
send them seperatly as they be handled/ processed by two different people within the organisation i.e. one handling staff placements that are guest related and one handling placements that are PR related. in a small company this won't be the case, but larger hotel chains do have much larger HR deparments.
in anycase if there are two sperate "pending files" the staff are normally not enthusiastic enough to make another copy, which means that you would only end up with one application pending.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for your advice. It sounds logic! So I'll better send too different applicaton letters.
The most difficult job will be to find out the right email address and name of the Human Resources Manager of each hotel. Most hotels have those automatic application forms where you have to fill in a form. But I don't like those ones, I prefer to send my own application (CV and cover letter) !
Another question is: I would like to start working in April 08. Is it too early to start sending applications now? I have the impression that in the Hotel business and especially in the Gulf States things go very fast, even finding (or losing!) a job. Should I still wait or not? What do you think?
Fernweh
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 27, 2007
Its a good time to start looking now, the whole negotiation process takes some time and you may have a couple of false starts as well!

here's an idea. if the email address you find for the hotel is for example:
hrdepartment@bighotel.ae

then use google and enter the search string "@bighotel.ae" this will normally result in any other indexed pages with other emails for the same hotel coming up. e.g. manager@bighotel.ae kitchen@bighotel.ae etc.

you then just need to select the ones which sound as if they will get you somewhere. be careful about the heading for your email and number of mails you send at once; some places have anti-spam software and if you send a dozen emails you'll just get marked as spam and your application never delivered.

:wink:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 27, 2007
Thanks again for your great help! :D I am so glad to have found such a helpful person like you! With such practical help advices!
So I will try to Google.
To be sure that I got you right - I will take your example now - if I find hrdepartment@bighotel.ae in the internet then I shall Google for @bighotel.ae, right? So I just write @bighotel.ae in the break and leave hrdepartment@bighotel.ae ? Or do I write both?

Or here are practical example: I have found the Jumairah Bab Al Shams Hotel. http://www.jumeirahbabalshams.com/
And then I found the general email address info@jumeirah.com
But if I click "Careers" they just have those automatic application sides (like most hotels I found so far :-(( ) So what can I do there? How do I find any useful emailaddress? I tried to Google for @jumairah. com but there was nothing
:?:
Sorry for all those stupid questions :? :?
Fernweh
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 27, 2007
Fernweh wrote:Thanks again for your great help! :D I am so glad to have found such a helpful person like you! With such practical help advices!
So I will try to Google.
To be sure that I got you right - I will take your example now - if I find hrdepartment@bighotel.ae in the internet then I shall Google for @bighotel.ae, right? So I just write @bighotel.ae in the break and leave hrdepartment@bighotel.ae? Or do I write both?

no, just the "@bighotel.ae" that searches for everything that contains that string. if you search for "hrdepartmen@bighotel.ae" it will only give you results for where the full email address is found.

Or here are practical example: I have found the Jumairah Bab Al Shams Hotel. http://www.jumeirahbabalshams.com/
And then I found the general email address info@jumeirah.com
But if I click "Careers" they just have those automatic application sides (like most hotels I found so far :-(( ) So what can I do there? How do I find any useful emailaddress? I tried to Google for @jumairah. com but there was nothing

jumeirah is spelt incorrectly above, when i searched for "@jumeirah.com" i get 21,200 search results! including hotels, and hotel departments :)

:?:
Sorry for all those stupid questions :? :?

no questions are stupid!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 27, 2007
I just spelled jumeirah incorrectly here. When I searched for @jumeirah.com I got 21.300 results! What I meant with "nothing" was "nothing useful". But well, that's not completely correct. The best information I found was this one:

Jumeirah Group Corporate Communications
Anne Bleeker – Director of Public Relations & Communications
E-mail: pr@jumeirah.com

I might send her an application for PR Representative.

Have a nice day!
Fernweh
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted