Summer Job

Topic locked
Summer job Jun 19, 2007
I had heard from a friend that there are many menial job openings in Dubai with excellent pay. (This information came from a man working in a large company in Dubai that is desperately needing to recruit employees.) Since I heard about this my interest has been quite peeked and I'm interested to know the truth behind this. If there are any jobs such as receptionist that do not require someone who can speak Arabic, and are only for two months over the summer, I am definitely interested!

lscruton
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Summer job Jun 19, 2007
lscruton wrote:I had heard from a friend that there are many menial job openings in Dubai with excellent pay.

Unlikely but depends what you're comparing it to.

Try some recruitment agencies in Dubai - they may be looking for short term hires to replace people away for the summer months.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 21, 2007
compared to minimum wage at $8/hr, lucky if I get 20 hours a week
lscruton
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 24, 2007
Menial jobs pay $8 per day in Dubai. Or less.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 25, 2007
what is the minimum wage in dubai, or isnt there one?
how much should a student like the poster, expect per hour?
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 27, 2007
i don't think you have much chance at a 2 month contract, the costs are just to great to an employer to consider it.

this means that you'd have to work on a visit visa - which is illegal, you could end up leaving the country without any money and no recourse to any legal form of compensation
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 28, 2007
mighty.one wrote:what is the minimum wage in dubai, or isnt there one?
how much should a student like the poster, expect per hour?

there are no legal "student jobs" in dubai (as you may find in the uk etc.) - the labour law only covers apprenticeships and vocational training and is also subject to a string of legal contracts and medical tests...
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted