Summer Job In Dubai?

Topic locked
Summer job in Dubai? Sep 16, 2007
Does anyone know if there are any summer works available in Dubai or other Emirates? I am from Europe, EU-national. Any work such as working in cafe/net cafe, travel agency, hotels or even cleaners? Salary doesn't matter at all, because i have friends in Dubai with whom i can stay for free. So i just wish to get work there for coming Dubai for few months for work. Because i can't just come for only holidaying because i need some work experience during the summers. I am coming to Dubai in December for few weeks or looking for a job. Where should i begin?

Desree
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 16, 2007
i hate to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but "summer jobs" are not permitted or even recognised in dubai - irrispective of nationality.

Only fixed term contracts are, these are normally 3 years of duration. No company will hire anyone for a period shorter than this - the processing and administration costs (through the various governemnt departments) are to high and have to be absorbed by the employer - making short term contracts financially unviable for employers.

working on a visit visa is illegal, you could be deported, fined or even jailed if caught doing this. there are many people who do; but you'd suffer the consequences if caught. many companies will not employ people simply on a visit visa as the company also faces a large fine or can potentially loose their trade license if you were caught. worse still if the employer refuses to pay you at the end of your "service" you cannot do anything about it, as you would be jailed for working illegally!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 16, 2007
a bit more formal but definitely an alternative is to get internship through student organizations if you are a member-- such as AIESEC,, or send a note to the human resources dept of the company you want to target for a more direct intake
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted