Jobs For U.S. Masters Degree Diploma In Network Security?

Topic locked
Jobs for U.S. Masters Degree Diploma in Network Security? Apr 17, 2006
Selam Alejkum and hello to everybody here!

This is my first post here and I am happy to have found a place that might help me in regards to possibly leading me in the right direction for finding jobs in Dubai. If no jobs offers are posted I hope that somebody can at least point me into the right direction on which places I can go to find jobs...does jobsindubai.com work? Does uaejobfinder.com work?

About Me:
I am a 22 year Bosnian Muslim. I currently reside in the United States in which I have completed a Bachelors of Science in Network Technology and will be completing a Masters of Science in Network Security.

My University (DePaul University) has been designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAEIAE) by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The School of CTI's curriculum has been certified by the Information Assurance Courseware Evaluation (IACE) Program against standards set by the Committee on National Security Systems. I have made the deans list 4 times and am a very hard worker.

My goal is to move out of the U.S. into the Dubai/UAE/Qatar.

=========
=========
My Cover Letter:
Download Available at:
http://www.senadbrkic.com/docs/senadbrk ... teruae.doc
====
Senad Brkic
5712 N. Campbell Ave.
Chicago, IL 60659
773-704-7366

April 16, 2006

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am applying for a position as a Network Technician/Network Security Technician. I am interested in applying for a position in your organization as it seems to fit very well with my education, experience and career interests.

I believe that my experience and degree from DePaul University will make me an advantage and an asset for your organization. DePaul University has been designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAEIAE) by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The School of CTI's curriculum has been certified by the Information Assurance Courseware Evaluation (IACE) Program against standards set by the Committee on National Security Systems.

Your position requires experience in WAN, LAN, consulting, and security in the telecommunications and network security field. My work experience and degrees, a Major in Networking/Telecommunications and a Masters in Network Security, has given me the necessary background and training in order to work on any task for your company. Completing my degree at a very young age, 22, also shows my will and ability to accelerate myself in any situation.

I have experience of over 2 years in Cisco PIX, Router, and Switch implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting. Furthermore I have over 5 years of experience running live servers using FreeBSD (UNIX) and Linux systems, network security auditing, and consulting network designs. My experience in my university’s network facilities as a network technician and as a student consultant for network designs, including DePaul’s initial design for a remote campus in Jordan, has given me valuable exposure to complex computer and network operations.

I am confident that I can perform the job effectively. Furthermore, I am genuinely interested in working and moving into the UAE/Middle East region. Your organization has an excellent reputation and is a place that I would like to be a part of.

I would appreciate the opportunity for a personal interview. Should you need to reach me, please feel free to e-mail me at senadbrkic@yahoo.com or call me at (773) 704-7366.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Senad Brkic
==========

=========
=========
My Resume:
Please download at:
http://senadbrkic.com/?page_id=4
Direct download at:
http://www.senadbrkic.com/docs/senadbrk ... 212006.doc
====
SENAD BRKIC
5712 N. Campbell Ave
Chicago, IL 60659
773-704-7366
senadbrkic@yahoo.com

Objective
To contribute my experience, skills and education in order to ensure that a company has a high quality, reliable and secure network

Qualifications
-Five years of experience in network, network security, and server management
-Two years of experience in Cisco Routers and Pix firewalls
-Experience developing relations with vendors and providing customer service to end users

Education
DePaul University, Chicago, IL
Master in Science in Network Security, June 2006
Bachelor of Science in Networking and Telecommunications, June 2005

Technical Skills
Computer Systems:
Standard/Advanced Networking (WAN & LAN), Packet Sniffing, Encryption, Network Audits, Network Design and Implementation, Cisco Routers, Cisco Pix Firewall, FreeBSD, RetHat Linux Enterprise, Novell, Windows

Programming Languages:
ASP.net, VB.net, PHP, MySQL, Perl, CGI, HTML, DHTML, XML, Java, JavaScript, Cisco IOS

Software:
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Macromedia DreamWeaver, Adobe Photoshop, Bryce, Rhinocerous3D

Relevant Courses
Client Side Web Application Development
Network Security I & II
Database Technology
Computers in Telecommunication Systems
Programming in Java I & II
Principles of Data Communications
Network Design Project
Survey of E-Commerce Technology
Wireless/ Voice Networks
Host and Information Security
Computer Networks and Data Systems
Telecommunication and Network Security Practicum

Experience
DePaul University, Chicago, IL
Lab/Networking/Teaching Assistant, September 2005-Present
* Designing a network for the telecommunications LAN Lab including 10+ servers, 50+ machines, Cisco routers, Cisco Pix Firewalls and VPN tunneling for remote logins
* Audits the entire college network using Security and Packet Sniffing techniques and work on updating the security infrastructure using new operating systems and technologies
* Designed laboratory pedagogy, evaluated and instruct 20+ students on LAN Design, protocols and security
* Suggested and discussed WAN design proposals between main DePaul Chicago Campus and Jordan Branch
* Suggesting, testing and implementing newer technologies to save the university time and money

BSDTechTalk/PingPros.com (BSDTechTalk.com/PingPros.com), Chicago, IL
Founder/System Manager, June 2005-Present
* Manage a large online community for Internet based technology administration, discussion and support
* Provide Support and Tutorials for Networking and Operating Systems

Additional Experience
Senchihost.com, Chicago, IL
Founder/Network Systems Manger, June, 2001-March, 2006
* Maintaining a FreeBSD and RedHat Linux Enterprise systems at highest performance and uptime levels
* Develop and maintain relations with clients and national and international vendors
* Provide monitoring of routers, servers and end user satisfaction utilizing multiple protocols

Lens Crafters, Chicago, IL
Lab Technician, September 2002-June 2005

IbexPC.com, Des Plaines, IL
Technician, September 1999-August 2000
==========

An example network design project can be given to employer upon request.

Thank you once again,
Senad Brkic

Senad
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted