Help Looking For Teaching Jobs And + Can I Bring My Partner

Topic locked
Help looking for teaching jobs and + can I bring my partner Jun 13, 2007
I'm new to the forum and have tried searching for answers to my questions to no avail, but forgive me if they have previously been discussed.

I'm a female teacher from australia looking to find work in Dubai. I have a partner who is a Painter and a young child who will need to relocate with me.

I've sent off my resume to a few schools but no answer yet and have checked several employment websites but there's not much going round. Is there another way to find employment. Should I be approaching all relevant schools.

Is my partner going to have trouble getting a visa with me (as we're not married) and will he have trouble finding work as a Painter. Do schools generally accept couples. From what I've read they prefer singles.

Thank you for any info on this. We're at grass root level at the moment but are really keen to make the move to the UAE. :?

shazandmick
Dubai Expat Wannabe

In short, get married... Jun 22, 2007
While a fair few people 'live in sin' in Dubai, being an unmarried mother is another issue entirely.

While it maybe that the schools have not responded for another reason, it could well be for that fact.

If you really are insistent in coming to work in Dubai - bite the bullet and get married first.
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2007
About teaching in Dubai I'm trying to get some information but I can't find, here in this site or in others places in the net. If someone knows a link for an agency or other kinds of info can post here.

thx! :D
zefil
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Help looking for teaching jobs and + can I bring my part Aug 17, 2007
shazandmick wrote:I'm a female teacher from australia looking to find work in Dubai. I have a partner who is a Painter and a young child who will need to relocate with me.

I thought this was in the forum already somewhere :?: :?:

Here's stuff about teaching in Dubai. Unmarried with kid is going to be a problem unless you had kid when married to someone originally. Living together with partner is technically illegal, and could get you in to trouble but many people do. Lots of discussions about that subject in here already.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jobs in Construction Dec 28, 2007
Your partner maybe able to find employment with us. Shoot us over his profile.
Handyman
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted