Getting To Dubai And Staying Their??

Topic locked
Getting to Dubai and staying their?? Nov 29, 2006
Hey,

First off wonderful independant website, I hope others looking for work in Dubai will be fortunate enough to see these forums..

Im currently living in Australia, been in I.T. Support 2/3 level for roughtly 4 years.. Theirs some issues and concirns that I have and would like to share if anyone else has these or any feedback, Id love to hear it back.

Dubai - Currently viewed as the Land of plenty (tax free), but also what comes with working in Dubai is I see some risk factors..

What types of packages should I be looking for? (flight over, accomm, food, transport etc)? should I seek a all in one package, or find a job and fly over on my own savings?

Laws: What are the employment laws, does Dubai have equal opportunity, are their laws that prevent slave labour? etc?

Some of the other issues that trouble me is: can you be screwed over? locked into a job that you dont enjoy, getting packages that include a ticket over to Dubai (If i dont forfill the contract, do I get fined/penalties?)

Language: If I only speak english, will I survive, do employers want to find international workers because of limited local skills?

Safty: Can the place go bad (history of it), Do I need to watch my back/Westerners being targeted?

Basicly my partner and I will be packing our bags and going.. I know Dubai is hot alot and thiers alot of opportunities to make good money for hard workers, but I would love some feed back from people who have taken the leap of faith and the problems they would like to share to keep an eye out when working in Dubai.

Thanks Again..

Cheers,

Jono.

Mong
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 29, 2006
Lot of questions for DFer's to answer. I think i will be needing Yorky here...where's the search button yorky dear? :D

I'll get back to you on this if nobody answers. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted