Financial Analyst / Equity Analyst

Topic locked
Financial Analyst / Equity Analyst Nov 05, 2008
Summary: I'm a financial professional located in the US, looking to relocate to Dubai to work in a similar field. My experience is strongest in Financial Planning, Equity Analysis, and Market Strategy, but I also have strong education in all business aspects. I have an MBA, and am also a Level II candidate in the Chartered Financial Analyst program.

I have been to Dubai as a potential citizen, and have no reservations about relocating. Although I do not speak Arabic, I plan on starting to learn as soon as I have an opportunity to move. I am able to fly over for interviews, and could relocate quickly.

My preferred position would be with a financial firm or bank located in or around the DIFC, but I will strongly consider all opportunities.

A more detailed resume follows below. Please contact me for the formatted file in Word format (.doc), and to discuss my qualifications and career goals further.

Thank you for the time and consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Sincerely,

-Mike Maiorano

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An MBA and highly qualified professional that has diversified expertise and experience across various facets of financial management; specializing in trading, investments & equity, analyzing private wealth portfolios and strategy generation; seeking a challenging position across the Banking and Financial Service sectors.

• Solution-focused, multi-faceted finance professional demonstrating 3+ years of professional expertise in building top-performing organizations, consistently exceeding revenue and profit objectives within challenging, competitive and volatile markets.
• Proven experience in analyzing and trading wide range of investments and equities. Delivered strong and sustainable revenue / income gains with equal expertise in capturing cost reductions through process redesign and performance management.
• Possesses valuable insights, keen analysis and team approach to implement best practices used in organizing and leading Finance related business. Adept at working in high pressure environments with strict deadlines and multiple deliverables.
• Versatile and competent professional with eye for detail honed with sound derivatives knowledge and deep understanding of credit policies and procedures. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, multitasking with an ability to interact with a wide range of people.

Expertise in:
- Financial Control and Accounting
- Revenue Analysis & Enhancement
- Equity trading
- Performance Analyst
- Portfolio Management
- Finance Advising
- Crisis / Risk Management
- Financial Software knowledge
- Asset Management
- Tax Analysis
- Business Consultations
- Financial Reports

Notable Accomplishments:
• Played a pivotal role in formulating the overall investment system and strategy for all client accounts.
• Proactively created and conducted client prospecting workshops.
• Effectively implemented a new reporting system for client accounts.
• Diligently working toward obtaining the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.

Professional Competencies:

Financial Analysis:
• Exceptional ability in financial analysis, comparison, description and presentation.
• Meticulous in preparing monthly reports, forecasts, budgets and long term plans.
• Competent at compiling custom analysis and examination of calculations and output.
• Awareness of client services and operations regarding the performance-calculation process and auditing procedures.
• Knowledge in standard performance methodology, analysis margin and profitability within a specific area of the business.
• Ability to quickly recognize problems, form solutions, and implement new corrective procedures and strategies.

Investment Researcher/ Equity Trading:
• Recommend strategies to clients and achieve their financial goals and objectives, including specific recommendations in such areas as investment planning, cash management, and insurance coverage.
• Provide professional competencies in trading equity; analyze private wealth portfolios, and investment strategy generation.
• Research investment opportunities and present findings and recommendations to the President of the firm.
• Liaise with trading departments to assure the quick and accurate execution of all security transactions.
Client Services/ Business Development:
• Liaise with finance managers, client services and operations regarding performance calculation process and audit procedures.
• Remarkably develop new sales strategies to penetrate new markets.
• Instrumental in complying and setting up all reporting, accounting and audit requirements imposed by the capital markets or regulatory bodies of capital markets.
• Skilled in advising management and clients on financial reporting processes and procedures.

Career Progression:

Financial Analyst
The Just Company – Indianapolis, IN - Oct 2006 – Present

Key Responsibilities:
• Performing an internal role as a Financial Analyst for a private wealth management firm.
• Analyzing equity market movements and generating investment strategies.
• Accountable for evaluating client wealth portfolios and generating personalized financial plans.
• Responsible for conducting various security transactions for clients.?
• Meticulously coordinating and organizing informational seminars.
• Working as primary associate for owner and President of company.
• Managing over $200M in investable assets.

Financial Advisor / Junior Partner
City Securities Corp. – South Bend, IN - June 2005 – May 2006

Key Achievements:
• Acted as a private client broker for a full service investment firm.
• Gained exposure in analyzing and trading a wide range of investments and equities, including stocks, bonds (municipal and corporate), CDs, mutual funds, and annuities.
• Pivotal in setting and using Smart Station investment software.
• Diligently partnered with a 30 year veteran broker, increasing productivity of current client book and developing new business.

Educational Qualifications:

Master of Business Administration (MBA)- Finance and Strategy Concentrations
Krannert School of Management at Purdue University – West Lafayette, IN - Aug 2003 – May 2005

Key Areas of Study:
• All curriculums heavily team based, with emphasis on working in groups of 3 to 6 to complete the majority of assignments.
• Concentrations in corporate finance and business strategy.
• GPA: 3.5

B.S. in Business Administration, Finance Concentration
University of Maine – Orono, ME - Aug 1999 – May 2003

Key Areas of Study:
• Concentration in Finance.
• Graduated cum laude, Dean’s List.

Certification & Courses:
• Level II Candidate in the CFA Program, 2008
• Series 7 Licensed, 2005
• Series 66 Licensed, 2005
• Insurance Licensed, 2006

Finance Related Activities:
SPIFFY University Investment Club - Sep 2000 – May 2003
• Active member of the University of Maine Student Portfolio Investment Fund with a portfolio worth over $1 Million.
• Conducted analysis and performed presentations regarding potential acquisitions and strategic moves.
• Gained experience investing in the market and learned portfolio management techniques.

Computer Skills:
• Extremely competent in working with computers, both hardware and software.
• Able to learn new programs and software quickly.
• Proficient in all MS Office programs. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access.
• Comfortable with several financial software programs.

Mdmaiorano
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 10, 2008
Hi Mike. My husband turned me on to Charterhouse. They are more of a search agency but they cater towards business, marketing and finance and they are located in Dubai. Saw that you have ties to Indy. We left from there to relocate here! Ohhh...I do miss it! I got my MPH from IUPUI School of Med! Anyhow, hope that helps.
-Chandra
cheeralal
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 10, 2008
Ha ha wow! Small world! I'll have to check them out.

Thanks for the info and hopefully I'll be able to add my name to the "Little Indy" section of Dubai you've started...

-Mike
Mdmaiorano
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted