Is It Easier To Land A Job When In Dubai AlreadY?

Topic locked
is it easier to land a job when in dubai alreadY? Oct 14, 2005
Hi everyone! Im from the philippines, a civil engineer with over 10years exp in project managemnt and 2yrs in shopping mall operations. Can somebody suggest a reputable recruitment firm? Would it be easier to find a job when in dubai already?

gina_ducusin
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 15, 2005
salaam,
yes, from my experience, you are taken more seriously if you are already on the ground in dubai. I have been told by two recruiters on a couple of instances. "Call me when you are in Dubai." This makes things very difficult as i would love to shift to dubai so much, but I can only afford to go on holiday once per year. The first time i went i was not prepared enough, and had to go back home, but I had a wonderful time as i have some friends there. I am planning on going back before the end of the year to try again. This time I have some contacts to call after I arrive, in the hopes of finding a position.

The are many agencies advertising to find applicants positions in dubai. Beware some are scams. Stay away from Jobs in Dubai. they are the biggest scammers. I would not pay any agency to find a position, in my opinion it is a scam if the agency asks for money. It is also illegal in dubai for an agency to charge the applicant a fee to find a position.

Three agencies that I like.

Clarendon Parker, Charterhouse Partnership, and BAC Middle East. You can find there web address on any search site. All three also have atleast one office in Dubai. So if you are planning to travel to Dubai, you can visit them in person.

Good luck on your search.
Brad836
Dubai Forum Visitor

hey thanks brad! Oct 18, 2005
Hey thanks brad! for the much needed info. You just saved me and my friends with that jobsindubai. we almost hit it already but had second thoughts for a while...Im planning to set foot in dubai by january, I heard though that slack months are up ahead by then.
gina_ducusin
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 23, 2005
Gina, sorry to sound sexist, but are you female ??? If so you may find it difficult to get a good Civi Engineering job in Dubai. Think of alternatives, variations on a theme. Try looking in Gulf news, you can browse the jobs in the classified sections and apply on line, or fax them, quite a few show salaries.
JJSmith
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted