N/A Oct 09, 2007
N/A

vk101

Oct 14, 2007
Moved from Expat help on Posters request. MOD
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 14, 2007
i've noticed that as well in most research i did, that as opposed to other growing areas, dubai doesnt seem to have a lot to offer YET to IT professionals, as opposed to say, opportunities in Singapore- which are aplenty. You might wnt to consider down there first then perhaps making your way to Dubai when the IT industry have picked up some. generally the engineering and construction jobs are the ones that offer a lof of jobs,, and the services industry-- hotels, retail, etc. im sure Dubai will get to the level of the IT industry in Singapore and even Malaysia soon enough. it will take a bit more time.
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 18, 2007
I guess, you are right, finding a job in Dubai could be very difficult especially when you are applying from a remote country, there is a significant factor of LUCK (or uncontorllables), my suggestion is to try an get an interview from anybody in Dubai and once you are here you may try other options as well, best of luck
salman79
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 18, 2007
You also need to put many industries in Dubai in context - the IT industry included.

In Dubai the IT industry (such as it is) has not evolved over a long period of time as it has in other parts of the world such as California, India, Singapore, Thailand and the UK.

The "industry" was basically created from nothing over a period spanning 8 - 10 years, this is largely due to the presence of initiatives such as the "internet city free zone", there is no endemic IT culture to speak of such as the type that has evolved over a period of 20 to 30 years - such as Singapore, Taiwan and silicone valley due to the proximity of hardware developers.

The sudden creation and sudden population of an IT free zone has meant that many of these businesses are suddenly placed in a context that is not only foreign to them, but also foreign to the region. IT (as well as a number of other industries) that have been "created" will still have to undergo a lot of teething problems before they can be considered "naturalised".
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted