COST OF LIVING IN DUBAI

Topic locked
COST OF LIVING IN DUBAI Dec 03, 2007
Can someone please tell me what it will cost for someone to live a normal life in Dubai - Well, I guess it depends on my definition of normal. I mean for someone to own/mortgage a house(mortgage payment, car payment, living expenses, clothing, etc.,)

chiroamir
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 03, 2007
:)

I wish I had a Dirham for everytime someone asked that question.
Give me a day and I'll put some basic figures together; you answered your own question in fact, it does depend on your definition of normal.

i'll try and come up with something though. have a look at the salaryexpert.com website. it does try to equate local earnings to a "cost of living figure", but i think misses the mark a little.

which catagory would you currently put your "status" into, and what country are you using as a baseline?

a). filthy rich and i own my own home and car, and lend richard branson money when he's short
b). pretty well off and have a small morgage and good savings
c). somewhere in the middle, i have a vehicle loan, a morgage and a very little to save at the end of the month
d). to much month at the end of the money, i'm not a churchmouse, but have very little in the way of savings
e). i basically live in a cardboard box under a bridge

sorry, i didn't mean to be "sarcy" when i started typing, it just ended up that way. give me an a,b,c,d or e and a country and i'll try and put in perspective for you
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 04, 2007
hi chiroamir

okay, i've managed to knock something together, which i hope can form the basis of a "sicky" posting on the cost of living. you can be the guinea-pig and send me your feedback.

unfortunately i can't post it at the moment as you loose the formatting when you copy and paste here, and some of it is in a table form.

can you pm me with an email address and i'll forward it to you

soul
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted