Abu Dhabi Estate Agents

Topic locked
Abu Dhabi Estate Agents Sep 04, 2006
I have heard this from a few sources of late:

I have a female friend who has been trying to find an apartment in Abu Dhabi. She contacted numerous Real estate/letting agents. Upon arriving at their "offices" she was introduced to the Agent who when questioned about what aprtments they would be showing knew aboslutely nothing except location. Thye did not know:

1) The size of the apartment
2) whether the bedrooms were en-suite
3) were white goods provided
4) the size of the pool
5) what facilities the building had to offer.

Ok, that is pretty damn pathetic and the above should be basic information that they should know, but then the Agents then pull out this sheet of paper and asked her to sign it. On this paper, she signs to say that she will pay Dhs100 as a viewing charge (WTF is this?) and then to confirm what % she will be putting down to secure the flat!

I mean, she knows nothing about the apartment, has not even seen it, and she has to pay Dhs100 just to go and view it.

What is the UAE coming to, when you have to pay money just to go and view an apartment. This really has to stop, that is extortion! :twisted: :twisted:

So, be careful when going to AD to view apartments.

yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 04, 2006
the best real estate agents in AD are the building watchmen .. trust me !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
MaaaD wrote:the best real estate agents in AD are the building watchmen .. trust me !

Even in Dubai Maad

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
I second to that Jeevan!
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 10, 2006
I managed to find a place in abu dhabi without resorting to these real estate offices....All u need to do id get al waseet newspaper on Friday and call the people there...

It is not easy.....it will take time...but its the only way
slap
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 10, 2006
MaaaD wrote:the best real estate agents in AD are the building watchmen .. trust me !

Always the best source, cross the hand with a little silver also helps things along.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 10, 2006
It's really hard to find anything anywhere at the moment. The agents are a rip off everywhere.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 10, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:It's really hard to find anything anywhere at the moment. The agents are a rip off everywhere.

Hey Chocs, when were Estate Agents & Car sales people ever anything else :?: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 10, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:It's really hard to find anything anywhere at the moment. The agents are a rip off everywhere.

Hey Chocs, when were Estate Agents & Car sales people ever anything else :?: :lol:

I'll second that! hahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Agents in Abu Dhabi Sep 17, 2006
All statements above are very much correct,

I myself am a real estate agent in abu dhabi, my area of dealing is in dubai,
a suggestion for anyone looking at renting in abu dhabi, is to find an agent who does most his dealings in dubai, first of all, they are much better educated, and if they are direct with any owners there is no such thing as a viewing charge,
i travel back and forth between ad and dubai to show clients properties, and show agents my clients properties, and it cost me 500dhs each time, not once have i asked for a viewing charge to cover my travelling expense.
If anyone in dubai is interested in renting in abu dhabi,
call my mobile,
050 312 7613
or email me (adam@madina-realestate.com) the details of what you are looking for, ie,
new or old building,
budget,
bedrooms,
furnished unfurnished,
and so on,
although it is not my area, i will be happy to help as much as possible,
i am also willing to forward you on directly with the owners so as not to worry about commission charges, there are no strings attached to this offer, i just feel the obligation to prove that not all abu dhabi agents are wankers.

Regards,

Adam
Adam
Dubai Forum User

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai