Muzlims Are Moving To The Good Old U.S.A In Droves

Topic locked
Muzlims are moving to the good old U.S.A in droves Sep 10, 2006
"New York Times"

In 2005, more people from Muslim countries became legal permanent U.S. residents — nearly 96,000 — than in any year in the previous two decades.
•More than 40,000 more were admitted last year, the highest annual number since the terrorist attacks, according to data on 22 countries provided by the Department of Homeland Security.
Many have made the journey unbowed by tales of immigrant hardship, and despite their own opposition to U.S. policy in the Middle East.

According to a range of experts and immigrants, Muslims come seeking the same promise that has continued to draw foreigners to the United States: economic opportunity and political freedom and devil worship.

"I got freedom in this country," said Fatima, 25. "Freedom of everything. Freedom of thought and I Now a supporter of G.Bush too." :D :D

chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 10, 2006
The poster above is a known troll. Don't feed the troll.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 10, 2006
kanelli wrote:The poster above is a known troll. Don't feed the troll.

Because I “kanelli" am a Bigot and am envious of people who have Freedom of thought and speech :usa2:
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 10, 2006
Go away troll.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 11, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Go away troll.
:love4:
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 11, 2006
ok! whats your problem... get a life... do something worthwhile pls.

let people do what they do.... btw what are you doing?!!
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 11, 2006
i left the US for my freedom

:roll:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
On a hot July night, a few dozen Somali men were kneeling shoulder to shoulder in prayer at a storefront mosque here when the door opened and the frozen head of a pig, an animal considered unclean in Islam, rolled across the floor.

Men fled in fear. A child fainted. Some called the police and ran after the person who had rolled the head in. A suspect, Brent Matthews, was quickly apprehended and charged with desecrating a place of worship. Mr. Matthews, 33, said that the incident was a prank and that he did not know the significance of a pig’s head.

http://www.nytimes.com/glogin?URI=http: ... !Q2A(!Q2AM!)Q60!Q2AMlQ5BBrQ23Q7Evgls
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 11, 2006
Yeah Valkyrie, and Muslim countries are so great about letting their citizens convert to other religions, and people can exercise free religious practice in Muslim countries :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 11, 2006
Gbush,

Are you the the pitcher or the reciever?
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 11, 2006
I couldn't open the link. But it's ridiculous the way things go.

My parents have just come back from the UK and they are absolutely appalled at the way people are trying the change the country. There's been a big fuss in the papers that certain muslim groups are trying to get the St George's flag changed so it has no cross as it, as they refuse to support a football team which has a cross as it's emblem - er HELLO! It's a country's national flag and part of the Union Jack, not that of a football team. I've never heard of anything so stupid in my life.

Kids at school are being banned from wearing England strips but it's OK to wear any other teams as long as it doesn't have a cross on it.

Why is this happening?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 11, 2006
Its called Political correctness Chocs

It does our heads in

:cry: :cry:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 11, 2006
US? Freedom?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the words of Cartman the wise: "I love you guys!"
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 11, 2006
arniegang wrote:Its called Political correctness Chocs

It does our heads in

:cry: :cry:

But as happens in the UAE, shouldn't those that move there 'respect' the original peoples way of life? I mean you're basically stripping a country of it's identity and it's wrong.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 11, 2006
Its the total opposite to the UAE Chocs

Here, we have all those "lefties" that think the UK is so multicultural thay feel the need to emcomapss our hertigage and traditions with theirs.

The UAE has it spot on in this respect, they accept and tollerate, but they dont let it interfere with their own culture.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 11, 2006
In that respect I think many countries could learn from the UAE. Or do it the Australian way, fit in with us or don't come.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I couldn't open the link. But it's ridiculous the way things go.

My parents have just come back from the UK and they are absolutely appalled at the way people are trying the change the country. There's been a big fuss in the papers that certain muslim groups are trying to get the St George's flag changed so it has no cross as it, as they refuse to support a football team which has a cross as it's emblem - er HELLO! It's a country's national flag and part of the Union Jack, not that of a football team. I've never heard of anything so stupid in my life.

Kids at school are being banned from wearing England strips but it's OK to wear any other teams as long as it doesn't have a cross on it.

Why is this happening?

I hope most people understand that in the UK the majority of the newspapers are right wing and sensationalising stories is a way of selling newspapers. I lived in the UK for a long time and have been around many muslims and the above items have never been an issue. I know for a fact that in the past few months, some of the major newspapers have directly reported false information on the front page, however it's a great way for them to sell their stories. I always try and tell everyone, take what you read in the majority of the newspapers with a grain of salt......
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2006
I hope most people understand that in the UK the majority of the newspapers are right wing and sensationalising stories is a way of selling newspapers. I lived in the UK for a long time and have been around many muslims and the above items have never been an issue. I know for a fact that in the past few months, some of the major newspapers have directly reported false information on the front page, however it's a great way for them to sell their stories. I always try and tell everyone, take what you read in the majority of the newspapers with a grain of salt......[/quote]

And what about the BBC/Other broad casting TV in the U.K are they to be taken with a grain of salt too?.
The U.K/E.U have a lot learn from the UAE immigration policies. Or even better do it the Australian way, fit in with us or don't come here.
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 12, 2006
my opinion - BBC is ok, SkyNews... Rupert Murdoch says it all. I don't watch ITV or channel 4 news so can't comment.

What UAE immigration policy are you referring to?
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:In that respect I think many countries could learn from the UAE. Or do it the Australian way, fit in with us or don't come.

agree to this .......cos most of th eiimigrating countries are ambigous when it comes to assimilation....like UK is the prime example what canada is gonna bcome...u have to let the immigrants know wht to expect and give em insightof the culture
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I couldn't open the link. But it's ridiculous the way things go.

Why is this happening?

well it's preposterous then again england didnt ban cos muslim group asked so .........if u remember there was a controversy last month about a scottish goal keeper making cross sign which created problem .
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums