Downloading Music / Arabic Dj's ???

Topic locked
downloading music / arabic dj's ??? Sep 03, 2006
hello,
does anybody know a good site (free would be nice) for downloading music off the net?
i was using kaazaa in europe and it worked fine, but in asia it was always getting viruses...

any suggestions ?

also, are there any local dj's, is there such a thing as 'arab' dance/house music and is it any good?

poppy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 03, 2006
Humph, as I've said before and I'll say it again, downloading is illegal and I don't condone it at all.

Most of the P2P sites are being sued left, right and centre and are being forced to go legal. Many of these sites are now hijacked by the record companies who put false tracks on them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Humph, as I've said before and I'll say it again, downloading is illegal and I don't condone it at all.

...consider myself scolded then, shall i? :roll:

so anyways, how about the question about local dj's ???
poppy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Humph, as I've said before and I'll say it again, downloading is illegal and I don't condone it at all.

Most of the P2P sites are being sued left, right and centre and are being forced to go legal. Many of these sites are now hijacked by the record companies who put false tracks on them.

well only 2% of these guys caught are prosecuted.....probability of getting caught is very very low... if u know how to b safe and not dumb ennuf to use p2p like kazaa. Not all downloads are illegal...sorry poppy i dont know many free dl arabic dj's .....i will try to get algerian rai mixes which are really good.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 03, 2006
sniper420 wrote:

well only 2% of these guys caught are prosecuted.....probability of getting caught is very very low... if u know how to b safe and not dumb ennuf to use p2p like kazaa. Not all downloads are illegal...sorry poppy i dont know many free dl arabic dj's .....i will try to get algerian rai mixes which are really good.

hey cheers for that sniper...
i had tape of 'rai music' many moons ago and it was blindin... (friend of mine used to dance to it) ...i would love to hear a mix
poppy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 03, 2006
No, not all download sites are illegal, but if you're not paying for it, then you're effectively 'stealing' from the artist who wrote and created the track.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:No, not all download sites are illegal, but if you're not paying for it, then you're effectively 'stealing' from the artist who wrote and created the track.

well there are many sites which offer full free download of albums....in low bitrate if u like the song then u can buy full version.........

BTW i jsut got this site form my friend http://www.music-rai.tk/

http://music-rai.tripod.com/id3.html -this one has loads of rai remixes
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
<shameless plug>

http://www.mazaj.fm

Its my arabic music radio staion .. you can listen to some awesome music ;)

</shameless plug>
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
hey sniper and maaad...
thanx so much you guys 8)
poppy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 04, 2006
sniper420 wrote: http://music-rai.tripod.com/id3.html -this one has loads of rai remixes

57 in and this is just gettin bettah and bettah...
'hark, is that TIGER i hear'?

'wicked' man sniper,
thankyou :wink:
poppy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 05, 2006

who cares if you condone it or not
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 05, 2006
175bpm wrote:

who cares if you condone it or not

...mind reader
poppy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 05, 2006
There's no need to be rude about it, but if you must know I work very closely with the record companies in the UAE and obviously downloading is a big concern for them. Also the EMRS will be implementing and enforcing copyright laws here in the coming months, so yes it will affect you if you are downloading.

Thank you for providing sites which I can now pass onto the powers that be!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 05, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:There's no need to be rude about it, but if you must know I work very closely with the record companies in the UAE and obviously downloading is a big concern for them. Also the EMRS will be implementing and enforcing copyright laws here in the coming months, so yes it will affect you if you are downloading.

Thank you for providing sites which I can now pass onto the powers that be!

Choco i am sure you know for every song downloaded legally there are 40 being downloaded illegally. This is not going to stop and as hard as the record labels are trying they will keep losing. It is natural to see that eventually all the record labels are going to do what Universal already did and that is offer the music free and legally to be downloaded ..

check this out: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/5294842.stm

So i wouldn't waste my time if i were you telling people not to download music :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk