Jon Benet's Case...

Topic locked
Jon Benet's case... Aug 17, 2006
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14379566/#storyContinued

How I wish all s.e.x ual offenders can be stoned to death. Or maybe a small but sharp bread knife would be better :twisted:

zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 17, 2006
It's a good call.....cut it off and stop them ever offending again!
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 18, 2006
I wonder if Karr is the right man ??

from what i've been reading, he seems to be infatuated with the girl and the case on the whole. The real culprit must be someone else
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 18, 2006
KeithL wrote:I wonder if Karr is the right man ??

from what i've been reading, he seems to be infatuated with the girl and the case on the whole. The real culprit must be someone else

He is a nutcase! I bet he had nothing to do with it. He just got his "15 minutes of fame".
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 19, 2006
He's not been charged with anything.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 19, 2006
Listening to the news this morning it is certainly beginning to look like this guy is just an attention seeker. Statements made by him where he stated that he drugged and raped the girl, were later completely refuted by the Medical Examiner who said that no drugs or evidence of rape were present.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 19, 2006
Mna, what a loser and talk about torture for the parents.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 19, 2006
I think they should prosecute him for making this false confession (which I believe it is) and make him pay for all the money spent getting this clown back to the USA (investigators, prosecutors, etc. etc.). But he should start paying after he gets out of the mental institution, and out of the prison which should follow the stay at the nuthouse.

Feel bad for his kids - he has three sons. Luckily the children's mother divorced him.

Other nuts will be coming out of the woodwork accusing him of molesting their children, etc. (some probably true many not) - enought tabloid stuff to fill thousands of hours of crap tv and newsprint.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 19, 2006
Concord wrote:I think they should prosecute him for making this false confession (which I believe it is) and make him pay for all the money spent getting this clown back to the USA (investigators, prosecutors, etc. etc.). But he should start paying after he gets out of the mental institution, and out of the prison which should follow the stay at the nuthouse.

Feel bad for his kids - he has three sons. Luckily the children's mother divorced him.

Other nuts will be coming out of the woodwork accusing him of molesting their children, etc. (some probably true many not) - enought tabloid stuff to fill thousands of hours of crap tv and newsprint.

I totally agree with you.

Did you see the Media Feeding Frenzy they showed on CNN?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 19, 2006
It was a freak show.

The guy will probably be locked up for what he's done anyway.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 21, 2006
Unfortunately there are now questions over whether or not he'll ever be able to have a fair and unbiased trial as a result of this media frenzy. The whole thing in my opinion is a complete and utter shambles and we may never see justice served now a result of the ineptitude of the US legal system
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 21, 2006
What a Kook! And the whole thing is a cluster, think he just wanted a free ride home to the states. I also feel sorry for his ex and children. The states has lots of people like this.....what should they do with all of them?
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 21, 2006
G wrote: we may never see justice served now a result of the ineptitude of the US legal system

And your basis for that statement is? Compared to?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 21, 2006
Not sure I get your query Concord? I'm saying that with all of the press and media coverage it is likely to prove very difficult to find an unbiased jury, which in turn presents huge issues in trying to pin a case against this guy....
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 21, 2006
your post states "the ineptitude of the US legal system" and was trying to understand your basis for this statement as related to this case - and in General for that matter.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 21, 2006
Aha...well I'm suggesting they are inept because they should have taken measures to prevent details of the case getting into the public domain prior to the case going to a court of law.
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 21, 2006
G wrote:Aha...well I'm suggesting they are inept because they should have taken measures to prevent details of the case getting into the public domain prior to the case going to a court of law.

And what "details" would that be? And I imagine you are not talking about the "details" you have heard about. Before you answer read my signature.

Also note, medical examiner's reports are public records. Where it happened, when, etc. is for the media to release and would have nothing to do with the legal system (unless you mean the press should be restricted).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 22, 2006
To be honest you have completely lost me now Concord! :)
G
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums