Zidane

Topic locked
Jul 12, 2006
Well, that's why I prefer hockey. There is no diving and whining, and trash talk is part of the game - people just trash talk back. The brawls should go for sure though.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 12, 2006
hockey is much more violent than soccer kanelli. and the brawls will never go, they are part of the appeal of the game and the NHL has laws to regulate the brawls actually.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 12, 2006
I am joining a Football club . I told them that i would like to be striker . They tried me in one testing match. When i hit the ball , my leg makes the angle of 90 but it doesnt touch the football . Now they ask me me to stay inside D as goal keeper :oops: . Its the same when girls dont like ZOOTER , they dont let him to enter inside D :)

But one day i ll sign the deal with Real Madrid.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 12, 2006
Hockey is brutal man, plus girls can do a lot of damage to blokes with their hockey sticks - hehehe!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 12, 2006
MaaaD wrote:hockey is much more violent than soccer kanelli. and the brawls will never go, they are part of the appeal of the game and the NHL has laws to regulate the brawls actually.

Women's hockey has no brawls, so it is possible to have hockey without brawls. People would still watch the game even if there were no brawls - that's why they should definitely go.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 12, 2006
U girls love hockey :) . My uncle Dubai Knight also has hockey but his hockey is useless because it doesnt score any goal. Mostly he gets red card inside the D :) . Now he is Coach because he can play himself . He can use some medicine to play the hockey 8)

Zooter must be having nice hockey and he is very much looking forward to playing in Dubai but right now is 12th player :P

any hidden meaning will be conincedence , HP ,daddy , sister choco and first cousin zooter will not be responsible for it :O)
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 12, 2006
Zinedine Zidane has elaborated on the chain of events which led to his attack on Marco Materazzi during the World Cup final.

The midfield genius brought the curtain down on one of the world's great careers when seeing red for a headbutt on Materazzi.

Numerous reports have commented on what led Zidane to launch his attack on the Italian defender and the France star has claimed Materazzi insulted both his mother and his sister.

"He (Materazzi) pronounced very tough words about my mother and my sister. I tried not to listen to him but he kept repeating them," Zidane said in a live interview on French television channel Canal Plus.

"I would rather have taken a punch in the jaw than have heard that."

Zidane had kept his own counsel on Sunday's events prior to his interview on French television and he has apologised for his actions - but still feels Materazzi was the guilty party.

"I apologise to all the children who watched the match on Sunday. This was not something to do. I want to make it clear because it was watched by two billion people and by millions of kids," Zidane said.

"I want to apologise to them but I can't regret what I did because it would mean that he (Materazzi) was right to say what he said."

Zidane felt referee Horacio Elizondo was correct to send him off.

"Afterwards I explained to the referee that I had been provoked, but my behaviour is not forgivable," Zidane said.

Zidane said that he would seek to defend himself at an upcoming Fifa hearing.

"I will go and I will tell everything I have just said," he added.

"The reaction is always punished but if there is no provocation there is no reaction. The guilty person is the one who provokes.

"If I reacted that way, it is because something bad happened. Do you really believe that 10 minutes before the end of my career I would be able to make such a bad gesture? The provocation was very serious."

Some had suggested Zidane may reconsider his decision to retire so as not to end his career on such a low note, but the midfield superstar says there will no comeback.

"This is a decision I have made and I will not go back on it," he said. "This is definite. I will not play again."
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:LH, how naive of you to assume that I know nothing of football - I used to be a sports reporter!!!!

My point was that condoning a violent reaction to a verbal insult is just silly. Zidane initially walked away then came back and headbutted the guy, so it was a premeditated act, not an off the cuff reaction.

Yes I'm well aware of the Beckham 98 saga, who can forget. But I'm talking about now, in this world cup!

Zidane was a genius on the pitch and now it's marred because of one silly act, and once again my point is that the reaction he gave and to condone it just brings shame. He should have just walked away, that's what a bigger, better man would have done.

If we all went around hitting people for making nasty remarks the whole world would be one big fight club - think of it that way. A violent reaction is never the answer.

Choco like Zidane said "I would rather have taken a punch in the jaw than have heard that." Zidane reacted the way any man would have reacted if his blood was insulted, especially his mother who is ill. I don't condone what Zidane did, I congratulate him for standing up for his family and knowing there things much greater than any glory fame and money.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 12, 2006
Lionheart,

whenever ya get your interview , they ask for personality test. Which is always having the questions relative to the angers and handling the situation. He behaved like 10 years old kid .

:roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 13, 2006
HP wrote:Lionheart,

whenever ya get your interview , they ask for personality test. Which is always having the questions relative to the angers and handling the situation. He behaved like 10 years old kid .

:roll:

Zidane behaved like man realizing there is something much greater than any glory and that is family. Zidane behaved like man with balls by knocking the smile of the face of that Italian baby.

HP there are things more important than money and fame...but I guess to you being Indian/Pakistania money and fame is more important than family and dignity.

The fact that Zidane doesn't regrett what he did makes me even more proud of him.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:LH, Nurato, it has nothing to do with defending religion or anything of the sort, you two totally miss the point! The match was watched by millions around the globe and Zidanes violent conduct was appalling.

No Matter WHAT WAS SAID a bigger man would have just walked away and had those in charge deal with it later.

It is never acceptable to act the way he did. The Italian needs to be reprimanded for what he said, but doing what Zidane did he probably lost the match for France! It would have been better for him to ignore the pathetic Italian comments, and just get on and win the match.

Sad to say buts it's the 'smash his face in for what he said' attitude of guys like you that keep racial hatred going, because you just can't walk away, which people would respect a lot more.

David Beckham has had horrible things said to him about his family by other players, the crowds in the stands and the German press, did you ever see him losing his cool? No! He ignored it all and just got on with the job at hand.

Zidane will always now be known as the player who headbutted another guy during a world cup final - this is far more humilitating.

dear choc

bigger men will walk away ??? i dnt think so ..zidan is a big man and i think he knew what this act will cost him but he did that to show the ppl that he dnt care about being famose or about money.
cowards and pussys will walk away coz they want only money .
this is somthing that u will not understand choc ..he is arabic blood will not tolarate some1 to insult his mother or his sister even if the whole world will see it .
and zidan will be known as the best player even in the world not as the player who headbutted another player .dnt tell me to turn the other cheek for u , is that what u want him to do ,
god bless ZIDAN
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 13, 2006
i dont support what he did cos he knew he was soul and blood for his team......that NO I repeat NO captain in this world cup had this effect on their team......in my opinion he should have contacted the referee or walked away from the game to protest the insult. You have to see what type of person is he before u judge a person. He is modest and shy kinda guy and wont retort to stupid comment by wacko marco.... he suffered racial slur since beginning of his carrer and he got into trouble cos he didnt know how to channel his anger.

I am infact amazed by comments by Choco...given that u are sometimes very sensitive to some comments. Zidane was frustrated cos he didnt score by the header and he was injured....wanted to score one more final goal...with only 8 mins left.....marco thought he could turn the game .........so he pinches his nipples ( watch the video closely) .....then passes racial comment once ......zidane walks away then second and third time it was about his mom's, which he lost his cool.... even if he did not take any action, he would have lost his concentration which is very crucial for penaly and midfielding......so marco was successful in provoking him and I bet he did study zidaine's behaviour .....he knew Italy wasn't playing as good as French in second half and knew they werent as good as Frech in penalty taking........so he did to throw one more good player from the game.

BTW here's a video of this angel marco materrazzi.......who caused the foul.......got on Viera to score and kicked zidane out.......

Zidane's interview in French

This video shows from different angle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zy3YbEi ... ed&search=

note the mouth of materrazzi
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 13, 2006
Zidane has become my all time favorite athlete along with Maradona and Mohammed Ali...

Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 13, 2006
Dude,

There's got to be a picture of Mohammed Ali somewhere!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 13, 2006
So finally Zidane spoke. Questions:

1. Was he pushed by the laweyrs to speak? He didn't speak to any journalist through the whole championship...
2. Why coming with the explanation so late? Why Zidane didn't report the case earlier?
3. It's a word against the word... Talking about abuse against the mother and sister in general is very weak, doesn't convince me that much
4. Who is lying? Zidane or Materazzi?

Still, if somebody is talking badly in public you don't pull the knife or gun and kill him. There are other options (legal) how you can stop it. Imagine Zidane would have a gun in his hand, would he shoot him?

He is saying, he is not sorry for the incident, on the other hand he is apologizing to children. What does this mean?? What is the message? Is he telling to public, that everybody can take the justice into his own hands?
If somebody says to me, nasty word or abuse, am I right to physically attack him??

Zidane lost his career and reputation to such a stupid incident, nobody in the future will write, what a special penalty he shot an hour before, every writer will just mention that he was sent out after attacking an Italian player, even not mentioning Italian's name...
capri
Dubai Forum User

Jul 13, 2006
capri wrote:So finally Zidane spoke. Questions:

1. Was he pushed by the laweyrs to speak? He didn't speak to any journalist through the whole championship...
2. Why coming with the explanation so late? Why Zidane didn't report the case earlier?
3. It's a word against the word... Talking about abuse against the mother and sister in general is very weak, doesn't convince me that much
4. Who is lying? Zidane or Materazzi?

Still, if somebody is talking badly in public you don't pull the knife or gun and kill him. There are other options (legal) how you can stop it. Imagine Zidane would have a gun in his hand, would he shoot him?

He is saying, he is not sorry for the incident, on the other hand he is apologizing to children. What does this mean?? What is the message? Is he telling to public, that everybody can take the justice into his own hands?
If somebody says to me, nasty word or abuse, am I right to physically attack him??

Zidane lost his career and reputation to such a stupid incident, nobody in the future will write, what a special penalty he shot an hour before, every writer will just mention that he was sent out after attacking an Italian player, even not mentioning Italian's name...

buddy capri....if u did learn ur mom was sick in morn then u go to an imp meeting where one of the members call names at ur mom, at this sensitive time most would erupt verbally or physically......Zidane choose physical cos he is bad verbally....eventhough I dont condone what he has done verbal abuse = physical abuse...... and FIFA should punish both else there will be somebody verbally abusing until somebody breaks down.......materrazzi MUST be punished as Zidane was punished
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 13, 2006
naruto wrote: ..he is arabic blood will not tolarate some1 to insult his mother or his sister even if the whole world will see it .

He's actually Kabyle Algerial which part of the Berber people.

If you go back centuries, genetics may possibly trace them to East african with part roman decent
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 13, 2006
hey sniper... I saw this morning in news talking Zidane in French, with translation and he was very talkative... It seems for me he does not have any speach problem.
I agree, that such a case must be invastigated by authorities. I saw many recent videos of Mazeratti and I must say he is very brutal defender, we don't want such offense. On the other hand how many red cards he received ? From all the videos he deserved many...
Coming back to Zidane, it does not give him any authority to be brutal and to take the law in own hands!
As the example fot the future youth in football or other sports this is simply unacceptable!
capri
Dubai Forum User

Jul 13, 2006
keithl... what do you want to say with your statement? Are Algerians bad or good? How shall we understand your message? I hope it is not an insult towards any nationalities ?!
capri
Dubai Forum User

Jul 13, 2006
Guys, this is how it works.

Player1 says something really nasty and provoking to Player2 to make him lose his cool and do something stupid. Either Player2 controls himself and keeps playing, thereby foiling Player1's plans to sabotage him and his team OR he does something stupid, gets kicked out of the game, and therefore Player1 has succeeded. These players say things they don't mean to each other because it is a mind game, not just physical game. Maybe some of you have your own bias for feeling that Zidane was right to assault Materazzi because of his comment - but you are losing sight of the fact that trash talk is part of sport and this situation is nothing new.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 13, 2006
capri wrote:keithl... what do you want to say with your statement? Are Algerians bad or good? How shall we understand your message? I hope it is not an insult towards any nationalities ?!

There is absolutely no insult...

I was meaning to explain that he is technically not an Arab like you mentioned
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 13, 2006
I'm not taking it as insult, I never mentioned in my statement anything about the nationalities, for me all are equal!

I'm just wondering how human race can behave like this bad example...
capri
Dubai Forum User

Jul 13, 2006
ad kanelli - I know from my past that if player 1 kicks player 2 and in front of the cameras, he looks nicely talking to player 2 (it looks like), he is saying "I'm sorry that I didn't kick your ass enough, next time you're coming close to me, I will be better, I'll break all your legs..."

This is no more sport, money talks, player 1 job is to defend and player 2 is to kick the goal... and they are using ALL tools to survive... Who ever has better nerves, is the winner...
capri
Dubai Forum User

Jul 13, 2006
capri wrote:ad kanelli - I know from my past that if player 1 kicks player 2 and in front of the cameras, he looks nicely talking to player 2 (it looks like), he is saying "I'm sorry that I didn't kick your a#s enough, next time you're coming close to me, I will be better, I'll break all your legs..."

This is no more sport, money talks, player 1 job is to defend and player 2 is to kick the goal... and they are using ALL tools to survive... Who ever has better nerves, is the winner...

8)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 13, 2006
Concord wrote:Dude,

There's got to be a picture of Mohammed Ali somewhere!

That is classic picture of Ali...

Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 13, 2006
That's what I meant.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 14, 2006
kanelli wrote:Guys, this is how it works.

Player1 says something really nasty and provoking to Player2 to make him lose his cool and do something stupid. Either Player2 controls himself and keeps playing, thereby foiling Player1's plans to sabotage him and his team OR he does something stupid, gets kicked out of the game, and therefore Player1 has succeeded. These players say things they don't mean to each other because it is a mind game, not just physical game. Maybe some of you have your own bias for feeling that Zidane was right to assault Materazzi because of his comment - but you are losing sight of the fact that trash talk is part of sport and this situation is nothing new.

well Zidane was in pressure that time.... even if he didnt take any action he would have lost his concentration and ruined the game..........he is hot tempered like me.........when I get pissed i would better taste the meat of the assaliant

note this video ....... better angle notice how marco keeps on swearing and expects a reaction form Zidane
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 14, 2006
KeithL wrote:
naruto wrote: ..he is arabic blood will not tolarate some1 to insult his mother or his sister even if the whole world will see it .

If you go back centuries, genetics may possibly trace them to East african with part roman decent

berber people

i dnt know from where did u get this info. but if u ask all the ppl here they know he is arabic .
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 15, 2006
naruto wrote:
KeithL wrote:

berber people

i dnt know from where did u get this info. but if u ask all the ppl here they know he is arabic .

he is a berber........and I guess u arent aware of the history of algeria who under islamist rule wanted to take out Franch language completely and even ban berber language.....and recently those guys killed a french kabylian poet which caused huge protest......most of the algerians are against zidane...and to tell u the truth he has grudge against arabs.....

Berbers arent arabs. fullstop
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 15, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
naruto wrote:
KeithL wrote:

berber people

he is a berber........and I guess u arent aware of the history of algeria who under islamist rule wanted to take out Franch language completely and even ban berber language.....and recently those guys killed a french kabylian poet which caused huge protest......most of the algerians are against zidane...and to tell u the truth he has grudge against arabs.....

Berbers arent arabs. fullstop

let me tell u somthing about history which im not aware of .

1.lets talk about syria when the arab (origanaly from yemen and MAKA) opened Jerusalem and syria the ppl who lived there were not arab (ROMANS i guess) and they lived there all time until these days ..do we still call them ROMANS or arabs .we call the ARABS cuz they mixed with the arabs and became like them .

2.all the ppl who lived in nothe africa were berber until the arab came and took the land and lived togather and called (ARAB BERBER) so there is no diffrent now .

3. here in uae we have( bedwen ppl) and AJAMI ppl but we call them arab cuz they belong to arabic country and thats what im trying to tell u .

and if u have some info u can enlighten me, maybe im wrong ?

PS:berber in algeria=bedu in UAE
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat