Portugal
10%
Argentina
5%
Spain
3%

Total votes : 39

Jul 05, 2006
Bye Bye Germany :D .. tee heee Ben .. This should have happened last game .. but oh well ...

Italians played a great game and deserved to win ..

Tomorrows game should be more fun ..

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
bschmidt wrote:Guys....

we will all chat again next sunday evening, hehehe
Au revoir France, Ciao Italy, Adeus Portugal!

You were saying...?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
Germany lost :shock: :shock: :shock:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
France wins tonite.

Germany wins the loser match even though its badly demoralized.

France defeats the Italian team due to their inflated ego.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
Liban wrote:France wins tonite.

Germany wins the loser match even though its badly demoralized.

France defeats the Italian team due to their inflated ego.

:cheers: Liban
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 06, 2006
I meant France!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
Ben is MIA .. i bet he is still crying tee hee
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Ben is MIA .. i bet he is still crying tee hee

No... not MIA ;-)
Still disappointed, very disappointed.
But well, congratulations to Italy. They were a strong opponent and even if it was in the last two minutes... they scored and won :?

What makes me more angry than sad is a certain person here in this topic saying "we hate the french, but we hate the germans more".
I am happy that not all people from the british island are racist a**h**** like him. I thought these times were long over... well, maybe I was wrong.

BS
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 06, 2006
Dude Yorky is joking for God's sake :)

Besides we all know that German's are closet Nazis that dream of a Fourth Reich and that the French bend over to them so that Paris can be safe :P :lol: :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
Vive la France!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 06, 2006
Liban wrote:Dude Yorky is joking for God's sake :)

Hmmm... well for me it didn't sound like a joke... but ok :)

Liban wrote:Besides we all know that German's are closet Nazis that dream of a Fourth Reich and that the French bend over to them so that Paris can be safe :P :lol: :lol:

Hehe..
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 06, 2006
Smiling is fun... :D

So who do you support bschmidt? I think France.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
Liban wrote:Smiling is fun... :D

So who do you support bschmidt? I think France.

Not an easy question...
but I think... yes... you are right, but I am not so excited about that world cup any more :?
Third or fourth place for Germany... who cares... Italy or France world champion? I don't really care :)
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 06, 2006
In the end....

Seems like after the huge votes goin mostly to Brazil, England and Germany they were jus short of makin it. Sad that Englands out on penalties.. Brazil too gone home, & Germany still have a shot at third..!

Way to go Argentina!.. & oh Germany too.. Gud display. But the 2-0 .. Italy nailed in ya coffin was tremendous!..

Lookin back at the polls, I see jus a single vote to Italy.. Guess No one thought they'd make it here except a few [WInk! includin me..] SO lets see how it goes on the 9th.!!! May teh best team win..

Klose will get the golden boot I guess.. Unless Henry scores!.. Gud luk..
Any guesses for the golden ball ???

silhouette wrote:
silhouette wrote:Finally! its jus arnd teh corner.. :king:

Any guesses whos gona win the World cup ??.. :rr:
Im guessin (ah its evry1 mostly) - Brazil .. Or mayb Italy.
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 06, 2006
the_zooter wrote:Vive la France!!

Zooter ... why france hmm why?? :( :(
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 06, 2006
well i have to say that yesterdays match was so emotional ... i mean when the port goaler left the goal and played with his team it just brought tears to my eyes :cry: ok i knowthat guys dont see this side of football ..but we are here to tell ya alll about it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 09, 2006
Liban wrote:Germany wins the loser match even though its badly demoralized.

You were right about Germany winning the match, but they were definetely not demoralized. You don't know the Germans :wink:
Well... it does not bother me any more, third place is not what I expected :cry:
Just one thing makes me happy... England lost against Portugal and Germany won against Portugal, even though Germany's stars Ballack and Lehmann didn't even play :lol:
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 09, 2006
Although i am not a fan of German football, i have to say big up for the german team and the Germany for being an excellent host to the world cup. Seeing Kleinsmann jump up and down everytime his team scores has restored faith to the world that Germans do actually have emotions ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: FIFA 2006 .... predictions? Jul 10, 2006
silhouette wrote:Finally! its jus arnd teh corner.. :king:

Any guesses whos gona win the World cup ??.. :rr:

Im guessin (ah its evry1 mostly) - Brazil .. Or mayb Italy.

Oh yeh .. by teh way.. any suggestion on a gud place to chill(mayb Nah! - the noiser is :thumbleft:) & watch the matches?

SO .. My prediction to this poll has come true! Way to go Azurriissss ! ! 8)
Made hell lotta $ on the azzuris!

Gud game France & shame on you Zidane :evil: .. Bad way to go outta professional football....

Any guesses on the Golden Ball award !???.. :rr:
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
Fifa broke their own rule for Italia by looking at the reply...I wonder how come the ref did not do that when Italians flopped like they have been shot or Portugies...or investigate the rascist comments or the shirt grapping and all those tackles Zidane recieved. For the first time in World Cup history I think the better team actually lost and in this case FRance who dominanted the from start of second half to the finish.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 10, 2006
There are 2 men, who deserved not to be named as sportsman - Zidane and Rooney, shame on both, they should never be called back to any match...
capri
Dubai Forum User

Jul 10, 2006
No matter what, France is still the better team.

They played better and harder. They were dealt a raw deal.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 10, 2006
capri wrote:There are 2 men, who deserved not to be named as sportsman - Zidane and Rooney, shame on both, they should never be called back to any match...

What Zidane did is what any man would have done...first that Italian bastard insulted the mans family than called him terrorist..damn Zidane should have kock his teeth out instead chesting him.Anyway Zidane won the Golden Ball as the best player in the tournement and he should have won the world cup if it wasn't for Italians cheating.

"Kick our Rascism" FIFA wants to redeem itself they will do something about that Italian player or else their kick out rascism campaign will foolish when the best player in world the last decade gets called terrorist, get his family heritage insulted in world Cup final...
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 10, 2006
Lionheart wrote:
capri wrote:There are 2 men, who deserved not to be named as sportsman - Zidane and Rooney, shame on both, they should never be called back to any match...

What Zidane did is what any man would have done...first that Italian bastard insulted the mans family than called him terrorist..damn Zidane should have kock his teeth out instead chesting him.Anyway Zidane won the Golden Ball as the best player in the tournement and he should have won the world cup if it wasn't for Italians cheating.

"Kick our Rascism" FIFA wants to redeem itself they will do something about that Italian player or else their kick out rascism campaign will foolish when the best player in world the last decade gets called terrorist, get his family heritage insulted in world Cup final...

i believe Noone knows what did the italian guy said?? so where did u get ur infos from?
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 10, 2006
Wait a minute! .. Nothing has been disclosed YET! at the time I write this about what words were exchanged.. SO ahah here we go again with assumptions!

I guess its wrong calling that Italian a B*****d..! Plus ..
Zidane also has occasional flashes of aggression on the pitch. One such display of aggression occurred when Zidane was red carded for headbutting Jochen Kientz in a 2000/2001 Champions League match for Juventus against Hamburger SV. He also stamped on a player in the 1998 World Cup and received a straight red card... A pattern here we see???

Congrats To Zidane on the Golden Ball .. He definetly is among the great Footballers ever.. 'Zizou' remains a footballing icon. & Still is one among My FAVOURITES!..
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
Lionheart wrote:

poor argument
whatever Zidane was told, had he minimum intelligence, he would have stick to answer back the same way, instead of fcking up a lifetime career and the good chances his team had to win, with smthing so stupid... not to mention how he ruined the end of the whole championship and on top of that, didnt even have the decency to show his face at the awarding.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 10, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

i believe Noone knows what did the italian guy said?? so where did u get ur infos from?

True that Corcovado.. I guess We had Lip readers yesterday who watched & interpreted what was said!... This aint rugby or some stupid moshpit dudes!.. Mayb they could join WWE after this!.. :twisted:

ZIzou still roks I say.. But ahem, too Bad!.. He shudn hav tripped! Its a common scenario & he knows that!
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
raidah wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

poor argument
whatever Zidane was told, had he minimum intelligence, he would have stick to answer back the same way, instead of fcking up a lifetime career and the good chances his team had to win, with smthing so stupid... not to mention how he ruined the end of the whole championship and on top of that, didnt even have the decency to show his face at the awarding.

I would have done what Zidane did if its true to what he said to ZIdane. Its easy to say he should have controlled his temper when its not said to you..I bet you most people would have reacted even worse way if it was said to them. ZIdane has been called all types of names growing in France and playing in ITaly and Spain, but he never reacted the way he reacted to what was said to him yesterday, so whatever was said to yesterday must have been horrible enough for him to lose his temper like that. Zidane with or without this incident is the one of the best players to play the game and best player in the last 20 years.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 10, 2006
William Gallas comments about the game...

France defender William Gallas has called the Italians 'cheats', after his team's World Cup final defeat to the Azzurri on Sunday.

Les Bleus captain Zinedine Zidane was correctly dismissed for a head-butt on Marco Materazzi in an off-the-ball incident in Berlin.

But a bitter Gallas has controversially moved to defend his team-mate and alleged that Marcello Lippi's team used underhand tactics to win.

"Italians always act like this," he told AFP. "It is a shame to say that, but when they feel they are being dominated they try to provoke you.
"Yes, they are cheaters, but we can't stop that. Fifa and the referees only see the second act, they never look at why there is an incident.

"I accept when the adversary wins with honour, but that is not the case. We know Zizou, he doesn't react like that, people can't react like that, but he has been insulted.

"I think it was very grave. When you play against people like that you want to kick their ass. It is cheating, but they are Italians."

While reports in the French media suggest that Materazzi called Zidane a 'terrorist,' making reference to his Algerian roots, the Frenchman's reaction was inexcusable and left a sour taste in the mouth after what has been an outstanding career.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 10, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PARIS, July 10 (Reuters) - France captain Zinedine Zidane was apparently called a "dirty terrorist" by Marco Materazzi before he head-butted the Italy defender in Sunday's World Cup final, the anti-racism group SOS Racism said on Monday.

"According to several very well informed sources from the world of football, it would seem that the Italian player Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'," SOS Racism said in a statement.

Zidane, the son of Algerian immigrants, was shown a red card after the incident and Italy went on to win on penalties after the match was tied 1-1 following extra time.

The Paris-based group called for an inquiry and said world soccer's governing body FIFA had recently toughened sanctions against racism.

"It's for this reason that SOS Racism asks in a determined fashion for FIFA to shed light on this altercation and that sanctions laid out in the official rules be applied should this be the case," SOS Racism said.

Neither Zidane nor Materazzi have spoken in public about what had passed between them before the incident. French television reported that Zidane would talk about the incident "in the coming days".
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat