Theory Behind Buff And Stamina Fitness Training?

Topic locked
Jun 21, 2006
Atrophy of muscles happens very quickly...that's why there's a saying "Use it or lose it."

Lowering the weight and adding reps (depending on the range) changes the workout to a muscle stamina rather and muscle hypertrophy workout. Without knowing your body composition (body fat %, bmi, etc.) and the changes, no one can give you a definitive answer to your question.

Three things for sure:
1) if your running and then lifting weights, then your exercising in the wrong order. You need to do strength before cardio.
2) 70% means RM15 - which is VERY light. You aren't going to get your muscle mass back up with that.
3) Pigging out isn't going to decrease your muscle mass - it may add a layer of jelly on top of your Arnolds, but nothing more.

mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 21, 2006
DaveDXB wrote: So i guess i have to keep heavy training cardio on seperate days.

that is a pretty good rule for anyone
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 21, 2006
I certainly wouldn't pig out on rubbish food either as if the muscle is not used and maintained it'll just turn to flab. Plus the junk certainly won't be doing your heart any good either. Good proteins to build muscle like red meat, eggs and the like are better than cake and ice-cream, which are just major calorie overloaders and full of fat and don't have any real nutritional value.

Cardio workouts are really important, you might be buff, but because there's no stamina training you'll still get knackered very easily. A little bit of everything is far better than all of one.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat