I thought the original was good though.

A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 11, 2006
I heard it was awesome? So I should not see it!? :roll:
leelola
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 12, 2006
Oh I get it! You don't have the mental capacity to sit there and 'work out' a movie. You like crash, bang, wollop in yer face stuff that leaves nothing to the imagination.

Da Vinci Code was excellent.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 12, 2006
I've got to second that...."The Omen" bites big time. Nothing at all like D-Code. Dumb story line - kid's the devil, he's going to kill everyone, not a whole lot to think abouth there.
D-code is a movie that leaves you scratching your head a bit. I guess if I was more ambitious I would even sit down and read the book.......but.....there are more movies to watch.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 12, 2006
mraph33 wrote:I've got to second that...."The Omen" bites big time. Nothing at all like D-Code. Dumb story line - kid's the devil, he's going to kill everyone, not a whole lot to think abouth there.
D-code is a movie that leaves you scratching your head a bit. I guess if I was more ambitious I would even sit down and read the book.......but.....there are more movies to watch.

the book was waaaaaaaaaay better than the movie....movie had so many gaps.....
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2006
Da Vinci Code and The Omen are good movies.

I knew from the start that The Omen was not going to be a gore movie (I hate those and find them daft and boring)... It didn't disappoint :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2006
I thought Da Vinci code the movie was very disappointing. The whole movie was a like a fast-forward if you know what I mean. These movies can never truly depict the original novels.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 12, 2006
The original Omen is an all-time classic and one of my favourite films ever. Not seen the new one yet, but I hope it can live upto the original!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 15, 2006
i watched the omen....it was an "OK" movie.. "jus OK"
its just too overrated.

the da vinici code on the other hand..i didnt watch . so i really dont knw if its a good movie or not! .
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Jun 15, 2006
the_zooter wrote:The original Omen is an all-time classic and one of my favourite films ever. Not seen the new one yet, but I hope it can live upto the original!

I am not going to bother watching the new one. The original was just too good and I don't feel like getting disappointed...

BTW if you want to watch one of the most terrifying horror movie made in the last few years, try looking for "The Descent".
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

666 Jun 19, 2006
i dont know about you guys...but i grew up watching the movie...and seeing a better version of the original was like a dream come true for me.

its the same for edward scissorhands...alot of people cant stand the movie beacause in their delusional opinion, its over estimated, shallow, and has no point watsoever.

well...to me, its one of the best movies of the 20th century, so is the omen...a classic that will never ever die.

at least...thats what i think.
brutal-romance
Dubai Forums Member

666 Jun 19, 2006
i dont know about you guys...but i grew up watching the movie...and seeing a better version of the original was like a dream come true for me.

its the same for edward scissorhands...alot of people cant stand the movie beacause in their delusional opinion, its over estimated, shallow, and has no point watsoever.

well...to me, its one of the best movies of the 20th century, so is the omen...a classic that will never ever die.

brutal-romance
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 19, 2006
The original Omens are classics i agree
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: 666 Jun 19, 2006
brutal-romance wrote:i dont know about you guys...but i grew up watching the movie...and seeing a better version of the original was like a dream come true for me.

um Edward Scissorhands is a work of art. People who can't stand it are usually just looking for pop-corn movies and will most probably end up disliking all Tim Burton movies. Tim Burton is a genius and one of the few directors who never disappoints...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk