Smoking Inside Shopping Malls.

Topic locked

Should the UAE government ban smoking in Shopping Malls?

Yes
57%
No
38%
Not sure
5%

Total votes : 21

Jun 05, 2006
Sara1983 wrote:ban perfume :lol: :lol: :lol:
thats freakin weird :!:

Well, some people have never even heard about deodorant so I'm sure perfume won't be sorely missed.

XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
Then they should ban people from eating fish in public (God it smells in the office), spraying hair spray, chewing gum (public sanitation), and a bunch of other things...

We should all wear white uniforums and drive black 4 door Ford Mondeos and live in the same style villa (Dubai is one up on that)... :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
Yow that must be awful K! Allergies are strange things, you can go through most of your life being OK and then suddenly over night become allergic to anything, it's really weird.

I found this out myself recently. Still don't know what caused it and now scared to eat out.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 05, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Still don't know what caused it and now scared to eat out.

Gulf News headlines for June 6, 2006.

Dubai's Restaurants Experiences a Boost in Ambiance
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

Well, some people have never even heard about deodorant so I'm sure perfume won't be sorely missed.

Deo who? What? Where? :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
Oi, it's not bloody funny! How would like eating ameal and half way through you become covered from head to toe in a red, itchy rash, with your joints all swelling up and running a fever. Scared the hell out of me!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 05, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Oi, it's not bloody funny! How would like eating ameal and half way through you become covered from head to toe in a red, itchy rash, with your joints all swelling up and running a fever. Scared the hell out of me!

Sounds like you have some bad tandoori chicken to me! :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
Actually it was only tuna steak! Don't know what the heck they put on it, but I ended up on hospital with heavy duty antihistamine jabs.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 05, 2006
"Its the fish that John West rejects..."

Soz Chocs, couldn't restrain myself.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

ew okay!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 05, 2006
Don't talk to me about tuna, it's one of my favourite things in Sushi. But can never find dolphin friendly tins at the supermarket.

Ooopppppsssss - Sorry K!!!!!!

Ban smoking in malls. Mall smoking = bad, very bad. Stinky yucky blurgh.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 05, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Don't talk to me about tuna, it's one of my favourite things in Sushi. But can never find dolphin friendly tins at the supermarket.

Ooopppppsssss - Sorry K!!!!!!

Ban smoking in malls. Mall smoking = bad, very bad. Stinky yucky blurgh.

Girl, you're preaching to the choir. That was until I gave up on the meats. Used to love tuna sashimi, salmon was always nice but tasted too 'creamy' so couldn't eat too much.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
Meanwhile, I was weak and have been eating seafood and fish from time to time because I get sick of eating salad when out at restaurants. I shall reform myself immediately. :)

Chocks, was your tuna steak cooked in a kitchen that prepares other seafood, or was it seasoned with sesame oil? You might be allergic to some kind of shellfish or perhaps sesame seeds.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 05, 2006
Smoking will always be a contentious issue, whether it is in a public place or your own home. As a smoker, I’ll be the first person to agree that it damages/ impairs your health, and I don’t think that any smoker will disagree with that fact – irrespective of what studies health organizations and tobacco companies publish.

However, I do feel that I am considerate in the way I indulge my vice and would go as far as saying 95% of smokers are the same. If the sign says no smoking, I may grumble a bit, but accept the fact and make an alternative arrangement.

However, as with most activities there are a fringe element that does not respect other people’s rights, to non-smokers these becomes the standard by which the entire group is measured – as these are always the people that tend to annoy them. The same applies to most things whether it is alcoholism, religion, soccer hooligans, politician (even lawyers ha-ha-ha-ha), bad drivers etc, etc.

However, when you look at it objectively it is the personal failings or flaws of an individual’s character that contribute to the poor overall impression that is created.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 05, 2006
kanelli wrote:Meanwhile, I was weak and have been eating seafood and fish from time to time because I get sick of eating salad when out at restaurants. I shall reform myself immediately. :)

Chocks, was your tuna steak cooked in a kitchen that prepares other seafood, or was it seasoned with sesame oil? You might be allergic to some kind of shellfish or perhaps sesame seeds.

Lobster is yummy init K :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 05, 2006
I am reformed, it will never touch my lips again! :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 05, 2006
You can be sooooooooooooooooooooooo 2 faced

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 05, 2006
They said it was just cooked in a bit of olive oil. I eat sesame seeds all the time so it's not them and I love shellfish.

It's totally weird.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 06, 2006
Tuna steak at Japengo ? its yummy, just had it the other day
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
Shopping malls should have a smoking area. :wink:
zette
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 06, 2006
They do! But no-one uses them, that's the problem!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

smoke detector Jun 06, 2006
i think smoke detector needs to be place anywhere inside the mall. so when it detects smoke it would alarm, produces a high pitch sound that would break the eardrum of those smokers... but sad to say innocents are still affected... :(
zette
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat