Gone Troppo

Topic locked
Gone Troppo Jun 01, 2006
In the north of Australia people are said to have "Gone Troppo" if they lose their mental faculties due to the heat.

Being 42 degrees outside and with all this talk of donkeys, scoring pads, mafia and the rest, the DF members, gurus etc are going troppo (what is the name for it here)

Unless all these nonsense posts are a cover-up for another scheme that is being hatched..

scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 01, 2006
Erm, can't possibly comment about us hatching another scheme!! I'll have to speak with my "associates".

But as for myself and Arnie are concerned, we can't blame it on the heat - its bloody freezing here in the UK!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 01, 2006
There is a neat little thing that we use in Dubai called "air-conditioning" it mitigates the effects of the heat. We cannot say that the heat is responsible for our behavior.

Now, as a penalty for defiling the honor of the DFM, you must die. :twisted:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 01, 2006
No need to be mean Liban - you've been so balanced and civilised lately

Shall I offer you my summer house in Sicily as compensation (protection)
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 01, 2006
In India during WW2, just before the monsoon the humidity would get unbearable and the guys would get all 'Troppo'. As the main base there was in the town of Dulali...this is where we get the expression 'He's gone Dulali!'

Bonkers!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 01, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:In India during WW2, just before the monsoon the humidity would get unbearable and the guys would get all 'Troppo'. As the main base there was in the town of Dulali...this is where we get the expression 'He's gone Dulali!'

Really, I never knew that. You are a mind of [useless] information!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 02, 2006
hehehe....atleast some one agrees with me. Dubai Forums does have some good posters. But the good posts are nulled by few bad posters.The main problem is this forum is very unmoderated and it needs to be under one central control of an admin. Sadly this is not the case.
hashman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 02, 2006
And what kind of poster are you hashman?

hashman, I don't really pay much attention to anything you say after the Sniper thread. You don't tell people that someone has died without providing any proof. By the way, people have researched this and so far it looks like you are full of crap. Thanks for playing with people's feelings.

:evil:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 03, 2006
kanelli wrote:And what kind of poster are you hashman?

hashman, I don't really pay much attention to anything you say after the Sniper thread. You don't tell people that someone has died without providing any proof. By the way, people have researched this and so far it looks like you are full of crap. Thanks for playing with people's feelings.

:evil:

wow...well i wasn't aware that i caused such a mess. Was extremely busy with my job and just got home to spend my weekend. I could have showed u the post but can't cos first my promise to snipes that i wont tell anybody abt his other forums and contact, secondly u guys wont b able to access em cos those forums can only b accessible via invites. Now y do u have to go to research use ur common sense, snipes was frequent poster, and I was suspicious when I didnt see his columns in other forums 2 weeks in a row ( used to release atleast 3 articles per week). Then I see the post claiming ..... I mailed him around 10 times, called up the admins of the forums where he was active wheather they did have any contact info like cell ph . They told me they wouldn't release any private info and assured me they were trying to verify it from their side and they would contact the authorities. 2 days have passed after the hoax, everybody assumed it was right. Then I come here to see when was the last time he posted bcos he was somewhat active here. I see a post about him in Fight Club which kinda disturbed me after what has happened and I thought it would be better to tell you guys. Some days later I get a message from snipes. He said he was on vacation and he was extremely pissed what has happened. He said everything was a mess there and he needed some time to sort things out. I checked his posts again today and he didnt post any since his return. I guess he must be busy with something else. Sorry if this hoax has caused any trouble as it caused me. I had to take 2 days leave to find out the truth. That's just the plain truth. If you guys dont believe then I just dont care.
hashman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 03, 2006
Well, we want sniper back - so fix your mess and tell him to come back here.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 03, 2006
kanelli wrote:Well, we want sniper back - so fix your mess and tell him to come back here.

Unanimous. :)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 03, 2006
GAB wrote:
kanelli wrote:Well, we want sniper back - so fix your mess and tell him to come back here.

Unanimous. :)

Totally!

All he needs to do is drop one post confirming he is alive and we are happy DF'ers...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat