How Long These Procedures Take?

Topic locked
how long these procedures take? May 24, 2006
im at the end of my rope...
i really hope smbody will be able to give me a hint on my situation here.
so here it goes-when i decided to relocate to dubai, i posted my CV on don t know how many sites. i was not expecting a flow of offerts, but i though i would receive some feed-back. well i was wrong. the 2 companies that emaild me were very vague, and no offer whatsoever. i was kinda surprised cause i have a pretty good CV-bachelors degree, 5 languages and 4 years experience all related to communication, plus some experience in hotel industry.
anyway, when i saw that all my efforts were in vain, i decided to look for a mediator company at home that would do the "dirty work" for me.
summa summarum, ive been accepted (in hotel industry) and i was supposed to get the offer in my hands last week. still nothing and i have to wait again 4 days(2 european and 2 arabian weekend days) again before i can hope to receive the damn contract.
why does it take so long?
r there some cathegories and thing do faster or slower depending on which one u fit in?
or what?
im sick and tired of waiting.
so pls, if anyone went through the same as i do, tell me all about it.

p.s.: don t bark my head off for not posting this in the employment forum :wink:

raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 24, 2006
Everything takes ages in this country, it's Enshalla I'm afraid, you just have to go with it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 24, 2006
Chocs

Where ya been ?

:?
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 24, 2006
just make sure your not being scammed. Is it a reputable organization ? get someone here in dubai to check it out for you, if you havent already been here for an interview. and yeah things are a bit slow here, especially in the summer ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 24, 2006
Raidah,

Similar things have happened to me - everything moves so damned slow in Dubai. I was interviewed by one company, then they messed around for a few weeks, then offered me an interview in London, wasted another couple of weeks before organising it. I had that interview and they then offered me the job, but withdrew the offer 3 hours later pending approval from the big boss. He then wanted to meet me, but went on holiday. They couldn't arrange anything while he was away, so there was suddenly a big rush to meet up with me when he got back. I gave them some dates I was available, it took them a week to decide when they wanted me in Dubai, eventually wanted me to fly out that weekend (which I did), only for them to turn me down for the job!!

Isn't life brilliant!! :lol:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 24, 2006
i checked and double checked the mediator office. and i also know these stuff take time. what i don t get, is why u still have to wait for smthing to be done, after u have already been accepted...

but its "nice" to hear some had to deal with more annoying things than i do. sorry Z :)
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 03, 2006
ok guys and gals. I work for a company which has a HR consultancy dept. too. i suggest that u may want to send yr cv to jobs@dmcdubai.com
only today i found that they are looking for one of their clients, a large local group, dealing in FMCG, an english/farsi speaking secretary who is really good at her job. i know that they are always looking for ppl in the interiors industry.
makhan
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted