Partyyyy

Topic locked
partyyyy May 19, 2006
hey guys,

i need to book a place for a birthday party and don't know where to go. we don't want a club, something a bit more chill, but also one that might allow us to bring a DJ

you guys know restaurants/cafes that would allow us to cordon one side off for a party? reasonably priced of course :wink:

much thanks in advance for the suggestions

terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: partyyyy May 19, 2006
terranova wrote:hey guys,

i need to book a place for a birthday party and don't know where to go. we don't want a club, something a bit more chill, but also one that might allow us to bring a DJ

you guys know restaurants/cafes that would allow us to cordon one side off for a party? reasonably priced of course :wink:

much thanks in advance for the suggestions

when are ya going to get birth? :roll: ........................
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 19, 2006
i know the perfect spot...its the radisson hotel near the dubai media city...it has a beautiful outdoor roof top bar...brand new and really nice sitting space...really comfy white big sofas with reasonabley priced drinks and there is a dj there almost every night...really tasteful and not too crowded as its new...had a couple of friends throw a party there and they courden off a section for ya....better than other expensive options...worth a look if i was you...hope that helps :)
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 19, 2006
For you to have your own Dj perform, you'll have to have a private place like a villa or something, as hotels and other venues have to get lisences from the Ministry of Culture and Information for that - performance lisences if you will. You cannot have a DJ perform in a public venue like a hotel, club, bar without one, the fines are hefty if you get caught without one.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: partyyyy May 20, 2006
terranova wrote:i need to book a place for a birthday party and don't know where to go. we don't want a club, something a bit more chill, but also one that might allow us to bring a DJ

Ok, I see you found a spot then :mrgreen: ...

http://www.gulf-news.com/tabloid/Entert ... 41119.html
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 20, 2006
You could try the VIP roof top at The Cellar, Aviation Club. Small and itimate with its own bar and some big fans to keep you cool! They allow a DJ, but Chocs is right, they have to apply to DTC&M for an entertainment licence even if it is a private function. It costs Dhs.500.

Best of luck!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat