Biking

Topic locked
biking Apr 26, 2006
is there much of a biking community in Dubai? I know it's an unwise pastime in Dubai itself, but what about out of the city?

Any bike clubs? It pains me to be selling my bike in London :(

C'mon you bikers --- where are ya? I see that California Superbike School does track days at the autodrome. :D

red ketchup
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 26, 2006
out of the city = dessert

dessert = sand

sand = 4x4

bikes = tarmac

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 27, 2006
Yes, there is at least one bike club here in Dubai. Bicycles are banned in Sharjah, if you can believe it!

If you are moving to Dubai soon you should really pick up a copy of Dubai Explorer 10th edition, because it has answers to so many questions, and tells about all kinds of sports and hobby clubs. http://www.the-explorer.com/indexie.htm
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 27, 2006
i think he may be talking about motor bikes not pedal. At least that is what I think because he does mention the autodrome and the superbike club.

People do regular treks to RAK and Fuj and it would likely be easy to join one of these groups for weekend rides. You are in the wrong season though, things are getting hot, I'd hate to be out in +47 with 98% humidity in full body armour, eash.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Apr 27, 2006
ooops, :oops: thanks for clarifying Fayz. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 27, 2006
Yes, biking is very popular in the UAE... Especially in July/August when it really picks up!!! :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 27, 2006
:o the weather puts a new slant on "hells angels" hahahaha
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Apr 27, 2006
fayz
looking at the lil pic you have going...you were "born" to ride aye...dont let yer gf catch ya day dreaming about buying a bike...hmm!! :lol:
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 27, 2006
hahahaha, she actually has her eyes on a little vespa, sadly it is pink. I've already said we won't be parking on the same floor of the garage if she gets it. I don't want my soon to be CBR associated with hers.

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Apr 27, 2006
The pink vespa is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool
arniegang

Apr 27, 2006
deleted
red ketchup
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 29, 2006
Ah...a pocket rice rocket!

Get yourself something with a bit of meat...try a Buell or a Duke! The roads here are death traps for bikers, but yes there is a very active bike community. When you get here, check out Motorcycle 3000 in Diyafah Road or turn up at the Park N'Shop in Umm Suquiem on a wednesday evening. The Harley boys congregate there but there are some complete nutters on the roads!

There is a bike school at the Autodrome for the devotees of roundy roundy racing with their knees and arses dragging in the dirt.

I know one guy who wheelied all the way from Jebel Ali to Abu Dhabi!!!! Just to prove it could be done!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum