Importent Question

Topic locked
Importent Question Apr 25, 2006
on channel 13 i believe there was this 1 hour commercial for dubai and my parents and i was thinking about moving there its such a beatiful country it looks way better then NYC. towards the end of the show they explained that if one is a muslim then he qualifies for some type of muslim fund or help. it stated that they will give you cash and a place to live with free education can someone please give me some information about that fund?

almir
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 25, 2006
That doesn't sound real. I think that only Emiratis get government funding, not any Muslim from any country. Can someone more knowledgeable help with this question?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 25, 2006
kanelli wrote:That doesn't sound real. I think that only Emiratis get government funding, not any Muslim from any country. Can someone more knowledgeable help with this question?

mm they said that any muslim person that wants to live in dubai is able to request for that fund. btw how is it in dubai?
almir
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 25, 2006
There is no such fund on the government side of things.

Certain kinds of Islamic loans are given to Muslims only, yes. But it is not a charity find for you to come live in the UAE.

The UAE government does fund Islamic charities and Muslim countries but that doesn't apply to individuals.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 25, 2006
It is nice, but I prefer Toronto or Montreal. The sun shining every day is wonderful, and if you like warm weather, you'll love Dubai. If you have money and good vacation time there is lots of water sport, desert trekking and entertainment here. This place is multicultural, but there is a lot of racism. You will be hired at a certain salary level depending on your passport, gender, marital status, heritage etc. There are a lot of rich but also a lot of poor - so there is definitely a class structure here and a huge discrepancy in pay. The labourers who work in construction etc. make around 600 AED per month and they live in crowded work camps with bad food and almost no entertainment etc., whereas some other people of different nationalties and in different fields make 15,000 AED per month or more and live in nice villas and hire out all their home services to domestic help. Some people don't get paid and their employers flee the country or force them to keep working unpaid. This is especially problematic when many employers keep workers' passports in breach of government laws. This means that the worker can't leave to their home country.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum