About Absconding? - Urgent!

Topic locked
About Absconding? - Urgent! Jun 08, 2009
Hi,
Does anyone know the procedure a company has to go though to put an absconding case against someone? Even if they're not really absconding but the company are trying to make it that way!

How long does it take, what do they have to do, does the person being reported have a chance to speak out / explain etc etc?

Thanks!

ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 08, 2009
A company is not allowed to register someone as absconding until after 7 days of the employee not turning up for work, not being in touch etc etc.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 08, 2009
thanks for the reply. what you said is right but this is slightly different (i guess).
the residence visa was canceled today. the co. said once they get the passport back from the hamriyah freezone with the canceled visa, they immediately want me to leave. if i don't show up at the airport and go, they'll say im absconding. i asked immigration in hamriyah, they said its up to the co. to do that, and if they're okay with me being in the country only then does the 30 day grace period apply.

so just wanted to know what if i don't go to the airport, or if i do go but i dont leave. how long before they find out i haven't left, and how soon can they action it etc..
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 08, 2009
Are you really set against leaving and coming back on a visit visa (assuming you aren't on a ban of some kind)?

Sounds like your company are complete bastards or you really screwed them!

Chocs is always knowledgable on these matters, also a guy called Bonk here who answers questions in the Expat Help Forum might also have suggestions.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2009
I don't see how they can report you as absconding if your residence visa (and presumably therefore your work permit) has been cancelled.

The grace period is 30 days. As far as I know, that's a federal law. After that, you get fined for overstaying when you exit or get a new visa.

If Al Hamriya immigration is saying otherwise, then that doesn't make sense to me, even if grace period doesn't apply to free zones. Try asking another immigration office, or offical in the same office.

If someone with wasta is interfering with the procedure then it's more difficult for you. Then maybe just fly to Qatar (or similar) and back.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 08, 2009
bonk wrote:I don't see how they can report you as absconding if your residence visa (and presumably therefore your work permit) has been cancelled.

The grace period is 30 days. As far as I know, that's a federal law. After that, you get fined for overstaying when you exit or get a new visa.

If Al Hamriya immigration is saying otherwise, then that doesn't make sense to me, even if grace period doesn't apply to free zones. Try asking another immigration office, or offical in the same office.

If someone with wasta is interfering with the procedure then it's more difficult for you. Then maybe just fly to Qatar (or similar) and back.

Well you know how it is with immigration or any government agency. Ask 5 people who work there the same question and get 5 different answers!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 08, 2009
thanks for all the replies!
bora bora is right lol! ask a question, get numerous different answers. only this time, 2 guys there both said the said same who seemed pretty smart.

i too was under the assumption of the 30 day grace period but apparently i f the co. wants you to leave you have to. maybe even if the visa is cancelled, until you exit and give immigration some piece of paper, your still under their sponsorship?
i didn't do anything bad to the company except make a fuss for AED 215/- which i made them pay before signing.
guess they want to have the last laugh!

i do need to come back into the country. another question (again - conflicting answers received so far!) whilst im still here, can someone go and apply for a visit visa for me, or do i have to have left the country before it can be applied for?

thanks!
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 16, 2009
what I know is that a company has to place an add in the paper for absconding plus depositing one way air fare (with immigration) to the home country of the employee to get the visa canceled. And it's not like that if the company wants you to leave immediately, you have to. You still have your 30 days grace period
janathar
Dubai Forums Member

Re: About Absconding? - Urgent! Aug 02, 2014
Hello po...magandang araw sainyo....may tnong lng po sana ako...kse yung frnd ko po kse dati syang maid sa ras al khaimah july 2011 sya dumating dun tpos after 1 year tumawag sya sa amo nya dhil hindi binigay ang 2 months salary nia at Di ndin maganda ang trato sakanya...tpos after nya tumawag sa rak nag punta sya dito sa dubai pra mag part time naging tagalinis sya ng mga bahay bahay ng mga kabayan din ntin...hanggang ngayon ay n andito pdin sya sa dubai...2 years n syang illegal sa uae...e gusto n daw po nya umuwi ng pinas..ano po daw ang dapat nya gawin....at makukulong daw po b sya ng mahabang pnahon. ..kse pang tickets lng nya ang pera nya wala syang pambayad ng overstay fee......sana po ay ma tulungan nio po ako Sa aking mga tnong. ..kung Hindi po b nya ma bayadan ang over stay nya hindi po b sya papa uwiin sa pinas khit may pamasahe npo sya
Maraming salamat po.....
ana143
Dubai Expat Wannabe

undefined Aug 12, 2014
how to lift a life time ban in dubai
roch
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Sep 07, 2014
any one can help me? in absconding case?
amjadriaz786
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum