Syria - Still Fighting, But Not In The News

Topic locked
Syria - Still fighting, but not in the news Sep 15, 2012
The BBC has an interesting article on the long history of fighting in Syria - going back 800 years:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19600546

It also made me think about how fickle the news cycle is - with Libya, youtube riots and topless Royal Photos making bigger headlines than the on-going fighting in Syria. This is just the way it is - not a criticism, but an observation. There are other conflicts and other deaths around the world, but what makes it to the headlines is not necessarily the biggest injustices, or body counts - but rather what is new and deemed 'newsworthy'.

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Syria - Still fighting, but not in the news Sep 15, 2012
This is something I pointed out yesterday:

We see our resident religious fascist is more agitated by a YouTube video than attacks by his coreligionists that murder thousands - 5 days ago:

Posted September 9th, 2012 at 6:45 pm (UTC-4)

Insurgents in Iraq have carried out a wave of bombings and shootings that killed at least 92 people in a 24-hour period that coincided with an Iraqi court sentencing the country's fugitive Sunni vice president to death for murder.

http://blogs.voanews.com/breaking-news/ ... -to-death/

dubai-politics-talk/hollywood-scam-extremists-t52477.html?hilit=iraq#p418602
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Syria - Still Fighting, But Not In The News Sep 15, 2012
Please try and refrain from your trolling and name calling.

Iraq and Syria are different countries after all. :roll:

Cheers
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Syria - Still fighting, but not in the news Sep 16, 2012
You wrote:There are other conflicts and other deaths around the world, but what makes it to the headlines is not necessarily the biggest injustices, or body counts

I wrote:We see our resident religious fascist is more agitated by a YouTube video than attacks by his coreligionists that murder thousands

shafique wrote:Iraq and Syria are different countries after all.

Yes, it's true I didn't write "Syria" and wrote "Iraq" in my post; are you unable to understand abstractly and only read words or is it you're down to one or two working neurons?
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Syria - Still Fighting, But Not In The News Sep 17, 2012
*yawn*
manofsteel
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk