Very Imp: VISA Problem

Topic locked
Very Imp: VISA Problem May 24, 2012
Hi Everyone !

I have a question and need reply urgently.
One of my friend worked in Dubai for almost 2 years. He then got a better opportunity in an other company. The new company asked him to resign and join them. After getting the offer letter from the new company, he resigned and after getting his cancellation paper he gave the copy and his pics to the new company for the VISA. The new company asked him to exit UAE and assured him that he will get the Visa in 2 weeks time.
After Exiting UAE he called the company and they said that it will take more than 2 weeks as the PRO has gone for emergency leaves(which was a lie). Now when he called the company for his VISA they simply refused to send the visa. When he called the company again they told him that we are sorry and we cannot give you the job and VISA as we have decided not to hire anyone on that post.(This is very wrong and unethical that a company asks a person to resign and then refuse to give job.)
He is really worried about his job as he is the only earning person for his family.
I need to know that what are the options he has.

Sam123
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Very Imp: VISA Problem May 24, 2012
He shouldn't have exited the country, there was no need to. If he has the offer letter, he should contact the ministry of labour and ask their advice.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

That is a terrible situation, I hope the MOL will be able to help.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Thanks for the replies. The problem is that he got his passport at the airport otherwise he was willing to stay there to get the visa.
Sam123
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Very Imp: VISA Problem May 25, 2012
So the new employer wouldn't give him his passport unless he was at the airport and leaving the country?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Very Imp: VISA Problem May 28, 2012
The old employer handed over his pass port at the airport to make sure he leaves. Many companies do the same and they were right at their side. The problem is with the new employer, why they gave him offer letter and ask him to resign if they were going to do this with him????

--- May 28, 2012 ---

Also he had a bank account here as well which is still active. what to do with the bank?

--- Jun 01, 2012 ---

Need help on the issue ppl.

--- Sep 17, 2012 ---

Hi Guys !

With Ref to the above mentioned query i would like to ask that what if my friend comes here in Dubai on a Visit Visa and look for justice. What should he do?Should he contact the Employer or directly MOL?And what type of help MOL can do?

Waiting for the comments.
Sam123
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa