WHat's ThE SWeeTeSt THinG YOu've DOne WiTh YOur Gf/bF?

Topic locked
wHat's thE sWeeTeSt tHinG yOu've dOne wiTh yOur Gf/bF? Apr 04, 2006
Hi!

what's the sweetest thing you've done in a relationship?

are you a romantic and faithful gals/guys?

just want to know :D :D :D

====================================================================
"there is no difference between a wise man and a fool when they fall in love". love is equal in the sense that it melts down everyone, despite status.

chariza
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 04, 2006
ate a lot of sweets with her...very sweet :P
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 04, 2006
remembering the good old days..

our engineering college was fully residential..we had boys n ladies hostels..

i still remember getting up at 4:00 a.m to steal the biggest rose from the college garden.. and hang around in the corridor for hours to gift it to her..just to see her smile..
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 04, 2006
I recall HP saying how on Valentine's day, he was taking sniper420 up the a$$ and right before he came, he pulled out so that sniper420 could go down on him....

I recall arniegang even shed a tear....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 04, 2006
Liban wrote:I recall HP saying how on Valentine's day, he was taking sniper420 up the a$$ and right before he came, he pulled out so that sniper420 could go down on him....

uh... this is the romance forum, not fight club.

I'm going to go and puke now. :shock:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 04, 2006
Yes I agree with you Kanelli....what a disgusting thing to say so that everyone can read it.
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 04, 2006
Liban wrote:I recall HP saying how on Valentine's day, he was taking sniper420 up the a$$ and right before he came, he pulled out so that sniper420 could go down on him....

come on LiBan!

thats not a good thing to say :shock:
chariza
Dubai Forums Member

Re: wHat's thE sWeeTeSt tHinG yOu've dOne wiTh yOur Gf/bF? Apr 04, 2006
[quote="chariza"]Hi!

what's the sweetest thing you've done in a relationship?

are you a romantic and faithful gals/guys?

just want to know :D :D :D

Ok, hopefully I shall be able to lift this post back out of the sewer where it very quickly sank up to it's neck in ordure!

Hi Chariza!

Some of us are good old fashioned romantics and love being so!

My ex GF (who then became my wife and is now my ex wife...but thats another story!) always wanted to do something nice on her birthday. We did the usual romantic dinners at her favourite restaurant or the usual same old same old...so I decided to be a little creative. She had always expressed a desire to see the Giants Causeway (which is a natural basalt rock formation that appears on the coast of Scotland and Ireland)

I sent her a list of items she needed to collect (like a treasure hunt) each of which held a clue. On the day in question, I collected her from her place (in London) and we drove all the way to Birmingham (about 1.5 hours) with her reading a road map and ticking off the clues to the various things she had brought with her.

As we passed the entrance to the international airport, I made sure there was a particularly hard one for her to solve and she never noticed us turning off and arriving at the terminal. We got out and it was only then that she realised I had booked us flights...but she had no idea to where!

We took a small commuter plane to Belfast in Northern Ireland, which is a truly beautiful place, where a hire car awaited us and we drove to the most amazing secluded hotel I know there. It is a converted bleach mill and simply stunning.

Waiting for us at the hotel, was a picnic hamper, which I had couriered over a couple of days before, filled with all her favourite things (champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, smoked salmon, pate...the whole 9 yards!) We then drove to the Giants Causeway, where we had our picnic, followed by a lazy drive through the most beautiful scenery back to the hotel. Candle-lit dinner was arranged on a bridge crossing the river, just us, with our own waiter and the sound of the water bubbling underneath.

It was a wonderful surprise for her and I had great fun planning the whole thing. From then on, I had to be more and more imaginitive each year, but would not have missed it for the world!

Is that what you were looking for?

Knight
(Big softie!) :lol:
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 04, 2006
Arniegang cant see the sceen though the tears in his eyes

sob sob sob

DK - you have reduced many a man to tears with that one, you ole romantic you
arniegang

Apr 04, 2006
arniegang wrote:Arniegang cant see the sceen though the tears in his eyes

sob sob sob

Sorry! Now you know what you have to live up to!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 04, 2006
wow DK, youve got a romantic side in you! how come? :D :D :D

just kiddin!

for me, i want a guy who is really romantic,

anyway all girls want it, not only me hahahah

i wish i can have a man do thing that is incredibly romantic, never experience it though...so im really eager and waiting... :D :D :D
chariza
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 04, 2006
chariza wrote:wow DK, youve got a romantic side in you! how come? :D :D :D

just kiddin!

for me, i want a guy who is really romantic,

anyway all girls want it, not only me hahahah

i wish i can have a man do thing that is incredibly romantic, never experience it though...so im really eager and waiting... :D :D :D

The romantic side? Ah, the 'Dark Side' you mean!

Sure it'll happen when you get to Dubai.

May the Fourth be with you...

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 04, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:

sob sob sob

Knight

Did i ever tell you how much i HATE YOU

arniegang

Apr 04, 2006
arniegang wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

sob sob sob

Knight

Did i ever tell you how much i HATE YOU

I know I know! Giving the male gender a bad rep and all...but I just can't help myself! Where can I get therapy oh wise one?

:shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 04, 2006
In a few weeks time DK. i will happilly have a drink with you then accompany you to the nearest Shrink.

I still hate you, cos all the girlies out there are gonna read your post, by then you will have set a bleedin "how cool am i" benchmark for us lads on here.

If i moderated here i would edit your post for the benefit of all us blokes.
arniegang

Apr 04, 2006
Note to All Females.

Disclaimer............

Knights post is purely fictitious, he copied it out of a book in his Mills and Boon Special Collectors Edition.

He is clearly confused, what he meant to post was..

On his ex wifes Birthday, he wanted to surprise her, so a few weeks before he had been collecting vouchers in his local newspaper for a free "bargin bucket" of "Kentucky Fried Chicken".

So what he did was too lay a trail of secret questions, and as she got each one right he gave her an envelope. After the treasure hunt has been completed, he put a blindfold on her.

Then he drove around his town to confuse her directional ability, then suprised her at a motorway service area by giving her a feast of a meal in the Kentucky using the vouchers in the envelopes that she opened before removing the blindfold.

Then to finish the treat off, he booked into the "Travel Lodge" in the services, taking advantage of the special offers available using the Weekend Stay and Sleep Special Rate.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 04, 2006
Soooo.............................

Anyway after reading Knights totally false story heres mine :D

A Magical Night To Remember.

I wasn't much for the big days like Valentine's Day, birthdays, and anniversaries, but she loved special occasions and always managed to drop hints and reminders a week or two before so that i wouldn't forget.

At least i could always be counted on to make reservations at their favorite restaurant, and this year for their anniversary was no different. As we finished dressing for their evening out, she handed me a box and said "Honey, I think I finally found you the perfect gift."

I sheepishly unwrapped the box and opened it to reveal the coolest watch i had ever seen. Not only did it tell the time but it also gave the temperature, altitude, barometric pressure, had a directional compass, and had an alarm that could be set for everything imaginable and was a Rolex

Putting the watch on, i looked at her and stammered, "honey, I um . . . "

"I know honey" she said, "it's all right. I know you love me. Let's go to dinner."

After enjoying a superb meal, i ordered a bottle of champagne to celebrate or tenth anniversary. Just as we were being served the champagne, a wandering magician who had been working the tables throughout the restaurant appeared at their table and asked, "Would you like to see a great feat of magic?" to which we both answered "Yes".

With that, the magician picked up the champagne bottle and holding it three feet above the glasses proceeded to fill each glass without a single drop hitting the table. Then he said, "before you drink, might I borrow that ring you have on your finger sir?" gesturing to my wedding band.

But when he tried to remove the ring, i found that it wouldn't budge. With a disappointed look on his face the magician turned to her and said, "Ma'am, might I have that ring on your finger?" pointing to her diamond wedding ring.

Somewhat reluctantly she took the ring off and handed it to him. Withdrawing a silk scarf from his pocket, the magician placed it over the ring in his hand and asked her if she would grab two ends of the scarf and gently pull it away from the ring.

Grabbing the scarf, she did as she was instructed and was amazed to see that her ring had completely disappeared. In its place was a small black box. The magician said, "Ma'am, let me ask you a question . . . would you rather have the ring that was on your finger or take a chance on whatever's in this box?"

She responded by saying, "Well, of course, I'd rather have my own ring back." To which the magician replied, "Certainly. I believe that's your ring in the bottom of your champagne glass." She looked and was shocked to see that it was.

"But" the magician said, "as a token of my appreciation for your time, I'd like you to have this box, too" and handed it to her as he backed away from the table to disappear into the next room.

Opening the box she found an emerald cut diamond surrounded by several smaller diamonds. I took both of her hands and said "darling, ten years ago when I asked you to marry me I could only afford a very, very small diamond. I promised you that someday I would get you 'your' diamond . . . happy anniversary darling."

She took the ring from the box, slid it on her finger, and with a brilliant smile thanked me for making this a magical anniversary memory that would last a lifetime.

Beat that one Knight ya git.

arniegang

Apr 05, 2006
WHICH PLANET ARE YOU GUYS FROM.... :o
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 05, 2006
Wow!!! :notworthy:

Two very impressive stories A & DK....

I think im falling for you :rabbit:

Even if they are made up, hopefully they will inspire others to make an effort...

In october last year, i met a guy who was going on a 9 month long round-the-world trip 3 weeks later...

Id never felt so strongly for someone so quickly but was depressed to think of him leaving me...

6 days after our first date, he presented me with flights to come visit him in LA for 10 days flying out 10 days after his departure...it was really a whirlwind romance :love3: and we had an amazing time....

We had incredible fun, rented a convertible red jaguar, visited vegas and the grand canyon and he surprised me with lakers tickets on the last night (i used to play basketball for ireland so this was an extremely thoughtful gift) :lol:

Sadly, i had to return to reality in ireland...and he headed off on his tour...

Not enough contact from him since to convince me that he is still interested and every high has an inevitable low... :(

Neverthelesss, that was the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me....

:love6: i was the happiest girl alive for those 10 days :love9:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 05, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:Wow!!! :notworthy:

Two very impressive stories A & DK....

I think im falling for you :rabbit:

Even if they are made up, hopefully they will inspire others to make an effort...

In october last year, i met a guy who was going on a 9 month long round-the-world trip 3 weeks later...

Id never felt so strongly for someone so quickly but was depressed to think of him leaving me...

6 days after our first date, he presented me with flights to come visit him in LA for 10 days flying out 10 days after his departure...it was really a whirlwind romance :love3: and we had an amazing time....

We had incredible fun, rented a convertible red jaguar, visited vegas and the grand canyon and he surprised me with lakers tickets on the last night (i used to play basketball for ireland so this was an extremely thoughtful gift) :lol:

Sadly, i had to return to reality in ireland...and he headed off on his tour...

Not enough contact from him since to convince me that he is still interested and every high has an inevitable low... :(

Neverthelesss, that was the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me....

:love6: i was the happiest girl alive for those 10 days :love9:

...and the tiredest I'll bet!!! :wink:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 05, 2006
You bet right knight!! I slept for a week after i came home, only rising to eat and check my email!!!
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 05, 2006
arniegang wrote:Soooo.............................

Anyway after reading Knights totally false story heres mine :D

A Magical Night To Remember.

I wasn't much for the big days like Valentine's Day, birthdays, and anniversaries, but she loved special occasions and always managed to drop hints and reminders a week or two before so that i wouldn't forget.

At least i could always be counted on to make reservations at their favorite restaurant, and this year for their anniversary was no different. As we finished dressing for their evening out, she handed me a box and said "Honey, I think I finally found you the perfect gift."

I sheepishly unwrapped the box and opened it to reveal the coolest watch i had ever seen. Not only did it tell the time but it also gave the temperature, altitude, barometric pressure, had a directional compass, and had an alarm that could be set for everything imaginable and was a Rolex

Putting the watch on, i looked at her and stammered, "honey, I um . . . "

"I know honey" she said, "it's all right. I know you love me. Let's go to dinner."

After enjoying a superb meal, i ordered a bottle of champagne to celebrate or tenth anniversary. Just as we were being served the champagne, a wandering magician who had been working the tables throughout the restaurant appeared at their table and asked, "Would you like to see a great feat of magic?" to which we both answered "Yes".

With that, the magician picked up the champagne bottle and holding it three feet above the glasses proceeded to fill each glass without a single drop hitting the table. Then he said, "before you drink, might I borrow that ring you have on your finger sir?" gesturing to my wedding band.

But when he tried to remove the ring, i found that it wouldn't budge. With a disappointed look on his face the magician turned to her and said, "Ma'am, might I have that ring on your finger?" pointing to her diamond wedding ring.

Somewhat reluctantly she took the ring off and handed it to him. Withdrawing a silk scarf from his pocket, the magician placed it over the ring in his hand and asked her if she would grab two ends of the scarf and gently pull it away from the ring.

Grabbing the scarf, she did as she was instructed and was amazed to see that her ring had completely disappeared. In its place was a small black box. The magician said, "Ma'am, let me ask you a question . . . would you rather have the ring that was on your finger or take a chance on whatever's in this box?"

She responded by saying, "Well, of course, I'd rather have my own ring back." To which the magician replied, "Certainly. I believe that's your ring in the bottom of your champagne glass." She looked and was shocked to see that it was.

"But" the magician said, "as a token of my appreciation for your time, I'd like you to have this box, too" and handed it to her as he backed away from the table to disappear into the next room.

Opening the box she found an emerald cut diamond surrounded by several smaller diamonds. I took both of her hands and said "darling, ten years ago when I asked you to marry me I could only afford a very, very small diamond. I promised you that someday I would get you 'your' diamond . . . happy anniversary darling."

She took the ring from the box, slid it on her finger, and with a brilliant smile thanked me for making this a magical anniversary memory that would last a lifetime.

Beat that one Knight ya git.

The danger here is that this could get to be like the Monty Python Yorkshireman sketch ("There were a hundred and fifty of us livin' in t'shoe box in t'middle of t'road...!") So I shall gracefully retire with my non fiction copy of Mills and Boon as a special memory. Cheers Arnie!

Perchance I shall return with a further 'Bodice buster' at some point in the future, but for now, my honour is intact! :wink:

A True Knight!

Dubai Knight

Apr 05, 2006
You have a great way with words knight....ever consider being a writer??
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 05, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:You have a great way with words knight....ever consider being a writer??

A writer? Ah, phew! I thought you said Waiter!

Wot is this wot I am doin nah? It's ritin' innit?

Actually would hate to be a writer, I can't do with all that sitting in front of a computer all day long, tippity tappeting away churning out vast reams of useless junk that no-one wants or no-one reads...wait a minute, that's what I do now!!!

Maybe I AM a writer???
:wink:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 05, 2006
Yup! Thats exactly what you do now!

You should print out all your DF posts and compile a book entitled "The Knights Guide to Life"

Id buy it.....

(if it was really cheap..... :wink: )

Seriously though, i think ive discovered the next (insert famous writer you love).....J.D Saliner...

:study:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 05, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:Yup! Thats exactly what you do now!

You should print out all your DF posts and compile a book entitled "The Knights Guide to Life"

Id buy it.....

(if it was really cheap..... :wink: )

Seriously though, i think ive discovered the next (insert famous writer you love).....J.D Saliner...

:study:

Hmm...you're a bit sad really aren't you! My favourite writer? Er, that would be the guy who scrawls graffiti in the toilets at the Irish Village! Man's a genius! Can spell every 4 letter word you could ever possibly need and his anatomical drawings are really getting quite good now!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 05, 2006
Im not sad, im just inspired.....

Consider the compliment withdrawn...

maybe i just dont read alot no more, ok?

(note to all: dont compliment DK) :twisted: :shock: :wink:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 05, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:Im not sad, im just inspired.....

Consider the compliment withdrawn...

maybe i just dont read alot no more, ok?

(note to all: dont compliment DK) :twisted: :shock: :wink:

Being a Jedi means that we do not require compliments, we just naturally assume everyone is greatful for us being there to save the universe!

Bzzz! Bzzz! Thrummmmm!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 06, 2006
Here is my story with soon to be my ex-wife on our anniversary I took her to the revolving restaurant in Hyatt Cairo the highest restaurant in Cairo over looking the Nile and the city. We had a great meal and a French bottle of wine and then we ordered desert and on her plate she found a very fancy garnish or so she thought when the waiter had put the plates on the table and she realized that it was a white gold bracelet with gems, her eyes shined and jumped across the table and kissed me.
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 06, 2006
Wafaey wrote:Here is my story with soon to be my ex-wife on our anniversary I took her to the revolving restaurant in Hyatt Cairo the highest restaurant in Cairo over looking the Nile and the city. We had a great meal and a French bottle of wine and then we ordered desert and on her plate she found a very fancy garnish or so she thought when the waiter had put the plates on the table and she realized that it was a white gold bracelet with gems, her eyes shined and jumped across the table and kissed me.

Why is she gonna be an ex-wife??

Sounds like a nice story :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance