RIP Whitney Houston

Topic locked
RIP Whitney Houston Feb 12, 2012
Another incredible talent leaves us far too soon. Whitney Houston was found dead in a hotel room, aged 48. A terribly lost and troubled soul for so many years, I hope she's now finally at peace. Her music will live on.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: RIP Whitney Houston Feb 12, 2012
Very sad. She a gifted voice and a beautiful woman destroyed by drugs. More than likely she finally came to terms that her "career" was really over and decided to end her life.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

She was just about to perform at a pre Grammy awards party but was found dead in the bath in the Beverley Hills Hilton. Initial reports say although there were prescription drugs in the room, there wasn't anything illegal.

They say she had been partying hard again, lately. May be her heart just gave up?

She was good in the 80's but the drugs had taken their toll and she didn't look that beautiful of late. Compare that to her cousin Dionne Warwick who sang on the Johnathon Ross show last night. She looked and sounded amazing for a lady in her seventies.

Another waste.

I do like her husbands make up line though.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum ,

Key word: prescription. Issued by a doctor, so no, there was nothing illegal, probably just an overdose of drugs issued legally.

I do like her husbands make up line though.

I almost fell of the chair with that one BM. :lol: :lol: A woman named Bobbi Brown created the make up line.

Whitney's husband, Bobby Brown, was the one who got her started on drugs and when it got too far out of control for her, he couldn't handle it any more, hence the divorce.

I saw a performance that she did a couple years back. Dreadfully sad. She was a mess and her voice was shot.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:I almost fell of the chair with that one BM. A woman named Bobbi Brown created the make up line.

No kidding? :shock:
And there was me thinking, for the last how many years, that they had just misselt his name on the merchandising. Bang goes my theory that she only married him for his mascara. :D

Well I've scanned my digital radio stations this morning and we are subjected to Tributes to Whitney Houston. I'd forgotton how many good songs she sang actually because I only really remembered 'I Will Always Love You' and that was put in the same catagory as Brian Adams 'Everything I do, I Do It For You'. That catagory being 'The Most Annoying Song Ever'.

Poor old Whitney.
Bethsmum

RIP indeed.

But the jokes have already started (is it too early?)

- Whitney jokes allready! It's not right, but it's OK.

- DAMMIT COSTNER YOU HAD ONE JOB, ONE JOB GOD DAMMIT!

And

Everyone's a comedian nowadays, even the paramedic who was unable to resuscitate Whitney couldn't avoid the odd gag
When he radioed dispatch and said "Its Houston, we have a problem".

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Bethsmum wrote:No kidding?

Put a freakin smilely when you are being sarcastic!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Well yes, it is pretty bad taste to make fun. I don't think it's appropriate to make fun of anyone's passing, no matter what their issues or problems. Imagine if someone did it to you or a member of your family?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic ,

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Put a freakin smilely when you are being sarcastic!!!

Sorry Bora! :D
Bethsmum

RIP WH

--- Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:56 pm ---

Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat