Friday 3rd February Is Dry Night

Topic locked
Friday 3rd February is dry night Jan 26, 2012
In light of the Prophet's Birthday, it's been declared that Friday 3rd February will be a dry night also to include no live entertainments etc.

Check listings to see when events scheduled for that night are being rearranged.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Friday 3rd February Is Dry Night Jan 26, 2012
Well it won't be so dry in the Dillon household as Feb 03rd is my birthday as well! it will be a Roast Beef and Yorkshire lunch, Pimm's at three, a couple of Bishop's fingers for my tea and I'll be finishing off the day with lashings of Cameron Brig, a very good friend of mine.

Happy birthday Dillon! :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dillon , Hehehe have a good one. Ahhh Pimm's - *runs to make a pitcher*.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

So much for Billy Ocean then.
benwj

Re: Friday 3rd February Is Dry Night Jan 27, 2012
benwj, Yes, you'd need a few drinks before suffering another performance from that old fart wouldn't you?

:lol: :lol:
Dillon

benwj , No it'll just be moved to Saturday.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dillon wrote:Well it won't be so dry in the Dillon household as Feb 03rd is my birthday as well! it will be a Roast Beef and Yorkshire lunch, Pimm's at three, a couple of Bishop's fingers for my tea and I'll be finishing off the day with lashings of Cameron Brig, a very good friend of mine.

Happy birthday Dillon

What a great honour to share a birthdate with a great man. I bet Mohammed is well proud!

I shall save my Best Wishes for the big day.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

FYI - The Prophet's birthday is actually the 5th. Some sects celebrate it on the 4th others on the 9th. The Government has choen the 3rd to be the dry night. They pick and choose the holidays as they see fit, regardless of the actual date. It's always been that way.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:FYI - The Prophet's birthday is actually the 5th. Some sects celebrate it on the 4th others on the 9th. The Government has choen the 3rd to be the dry night. They pick and choose the holidays as they see fit, regardless of the actual date. It's always been that way.

Although JC's birthday is celebrated on the same date each year I think there is (or as been) controversy about the actual date.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Friday 3rd February Is Dry Night Jan 28, 2012
Ambassador , LOL we know JC wasn't born on the 25th December. Plus these celebrations were taking place long before JC came into the picture. It was originally pagan celebrations of the winter solstice.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat