Are You A Shopaholic?

Topic locked
Are you a shopaholic? Jan 11, 2012
Hello! I'm writing a story about how the DSF affects shopaholics (needless to say, this is a subject that I totally identify with! :? ). Lol. Anyway, if any of you are self-confessed shopaholics, I would love to hear your opnions. Do you both love and hate the sales during DSF? Have you already gone overboard?
I'd love your stories.
Thank you.

iWrite
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Are You A Shopaholic? Jan 11, 2012
LOL there are no good deals during DSF, everyone knows that. The prices are all fudged and you basically end up paying the same as you would outide the promotional period. People have been wiuse to this for yearsw now.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

believe me, dsf is the time to avoid shopping, right afterwards is the time when prices go down, i know coz i shop worse than women lol
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

general_A , LOL couldn't agree with you more on that. Not the shopping like a woman part, as I wouldn't know.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Are You A Shopaholic? Jan 12, 2012
Thanks Chocoholic and general_A. How do I get in touch with you if I have some questions for my story? Are we allowed to share email addresses here?
iWrite
Dubai Forum Guest

@ General A - the goods go back to the original price before they were marked up.

I'm a shopaholic - when I go to the US. :D

Good brands here in Dubai are overpriced, and mid-range priced goods are crap, followed by more crap.

How many times have your bought a tee-shirt or lounging pants (yoga or similar) and after one wash the seams end up going from the the front or the back of the garment? Very poor quality and workmanship. Also, alot of brand name stores carry goods that didn't pass inspection and would not sell elsewhere, such as the US. The market is flooded with knockoffs - but some of the handbags look really good!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I don't know whether it counts, but I carry on a regular basis the shopping bags of a shopsholic.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman ,

of course it counts. How can I get in touch with you?
iWrite
Dubai Forum Guest

iWrite wrote:How can I get in touch with you?

You can give me your contact details, I'll pass them through to my people, and they take it from there.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat