Is This Liberation Or Humiliation...

Topic locked
Apr 01, 2006
kanelli wrote:
And how do you KNOW that a person that any number of Western countries would approve of as leader of Iraq is a loser?

I think that democracy should be left to the people, but I can see why other countries take an interest in who gets into office and who doesn't. Maybe they are worried about religious fanatics getting in and destabalising the country with sectarian violence. Maybe they find relations better with more liberal politicians who operate on laws independent of religion?

Too bad Canada and Mexico couldn't secretly rig it so that Bush didn't get into office for a second term!
:lol: :wink:

1) Because if the person in control was not an incompetant loser, then Iraq would be stable.

2) Democracy should be left to the people. Any control of the choice of the people is meddling and is NOT understandable. Also, what is so fundamentalist about Jaafari?? Still the Americans do not want him because he is too nationalistic and has spoken of the departure of US troops in the past.

3) Canada and Mexico are weak countries I am sorry to say. Their global weight is next to nil.

Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2006
Liban wrote:
kanelli wrote:
And how do you KNOW that a person that any number of Western countries would approve of as leader of Iraq is a loser?

I think that democracy should be left to the people, but I can see why other countries take an interest in who gets into office and who doesn't. Maybe they are worried about religious fanatics getting in and destabalising the country with sectarian violence. Maybe they find relations better with more liberal politicians who operate on laws independent of religion?

Too bad Canada and Mexico couldn't secretly rig it so that Bush didn't get into office for a second term!

1) Because if the person in control was not an incompetant loser, then Iraq would be stable.

2) Democracy should be left to the people. Any control of the choice of the people is meddling and is NOT understandable. Also, what is so fundamentalist about Jaafari?? Still the Americans do not want him because he is too nationalistic and has spoken of the departure of US troops in the past.

3) Canada and Mexico are weak countries I am sorry to say. Their global weight is next to nil.

Please tell me more about the person in control of Iraq right now - his name and why in particular he is a loser.

I said that democracy should be left to the people. If Canada and Mexico did manage to influence the US election so that Bush lost - I highly doubt you'd be complaining. :)

By the way, the Canada and Mexico part was a joke

:wink:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 01, 2006
By the way, the Canada and Mexico part was a joke

K, you ought to know by now that Libans understanding and appreciation of subtle humour is totally wasted in here.

:roll:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 01, 2006
Liban wrote:
kanelli wrote:

A true democratic election is based on their being sufficient candidates, from all sides of the political spectrum, willing to stand up and represent the people. The people then choose. If there are no really strong leaders willing to come forward, then whose fault is that?

Maybe the best people to run Iraq efficiently and peacefully are not willing to come forward and be voted for, because they know some fanatic with a few pounds of semtex is going to hoodwink an impressionable follower into blowing himself, a beaten up Toyota, and the candidate into iddy biddy little political pieces?

This is why the law needs to be imposed: to give the right people the chance to actually govern the country themselves.

Dubai Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 01, 2006
Knight said, "Maybe the best people to run Iraq efficiently and peacefully are not willing to come forward and be voted for, because they know some fanatic with a few pounds of semtex is going to hoodwink an impressionable follower into blowing himself, a beaten up Toyota, and the candidate into iddy biddy little political pieces?"

Yes, but Jedi Knight, there are some people here who will blame the US and UK for that, because didn't you know that they are always behind every killing that happens in Iraq - either directly or indirectly? :wink: I mean, semtex is produced in the US and UK, so that is even more damning evidence! :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist some sarcasm. :wink:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 01, 2006
kanelli wrote:Knight said, "Maybe the best people to run Iraq efficiently and peacefully are not willing to come forward and be voted for, because they know some fanatic with a few pounds of semtex is going to hoodwink an impressionable follower into blowing himself, a beaten up Toyota, and the candidate into iddy biddy little political pieces?"

Yes, but Jedi Knight, there are some people here who will blame the US and UK for that, because didn't you know that they are always behind every killing that happens in Iraq - either directly or indirectly? :wink: I mean, semtex is produced in the US and UK, so that is even more damning evidence! :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist some sarcasm. :wink:

So true! It seems that a man in Basra gets a cold and its the fault of the US/UK according to some people!

Actually, semtex is made in Czech Republic...but they are not in Iraq, so that's alright then! :wink:

Knight
PS. Lightsabre has new Duracells now! :lol:
Dubai Knight

Apr 01, 2006
Oh my! Now the Czechs are in on the plot! :shock: :wink:

May the force be with you. 8)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 02, 2006
beam me up scotty

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:beam me up scotty

"She cannae tek any more Captain!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 02, 2006
ock eye da noo

arniegang

Apr 02, 2006
Just watch out for those Borg! I'm sure assymilation is painful.

And the Klingon look like they smell bad.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 02, 2006
kanelli wrote:Please tell me more about the person in control of Iraq right now - his name and why in particular he is a loser.

George Bush.

As for why he is a loser... Need I say anything?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Just watch out for those Borg! I'm sure assymilation is painful.

Trekkies... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

LOSERS!!!!

:lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
Liban wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Just watch out for those Borg! I'm sure assymilation is painful.

LOSERS!!!!

Do I detect a Klingon here? On the starboard bow?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 02, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
Liban wrote:

LOSERS!!!!

Do I detect a Klingon here? On the starboard bow?

Knight

I am more of a Romulan.... 8)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
More like a Tribble actually :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 02, 2006
Nah.... I don't blame you for thinking that way though.... Looking at you, I see more of Thing (Adams family) than anything else!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
:P
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 02, 2006
kanelli wrote:More like a Tribble actually :lol:

Ferenghi? Perchance?

Actually, the picture looks remarkably like the sister of Paul Atreidies in the original movie of Dune!

So, that is it...the secret is out Liban is of the Benejesurit faith!!??

:wink: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 02, 2006
He looks like a little catholic girl at her first communion :) (Watch how fast he changes his avatar now! :wink: )
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 02, 2006
kanelli wrote:He looks like a little catholic girl at her first communion :) (Watch how fast he changes his avatar now! :wink: )

Its a young devout Muslim girl practicing her faith.

The purest are the children.

Do not sully her with your comment.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
Oh please Liban. Get the burr out of your butt. I was joking!!!!

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 02, 2006
kanelli wrote:Oh please Liban. Get the burr out of your butt. I was joking!!!!

Burr??
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
As in those small prickly balls that get stuck on your pants or on the dog after walking in the woods. If you are Canadian how come you haven't heard of "burr up your butt"? :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 02, 2006
kanelli wrote:As in those small prickly balls that get stuck on your pants or on the dog after walking in the woods. If you are Canadian how come you haven't heard of "burr up your butt"? :lol:

Never really went for a walk in the woods... 8)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
I have a Tribble at home, he squeaks alot and moakes no sense - much like Liban, so I'm sticking with Tribble.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 02, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I have a Tribble at home, he squeaks alot and moakes no sense - much like Liban, so I'm sticking with Tribble.

Your boyfriend is a tribble?

Oh and before I forget... Yes, you are very funny... Yes I am laughing so much right now. Oh please stop, this is just too humorous for me. I am hurting so much I am laughing due to the comical nature of your post. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
Tribbles are great Liban.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 02, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Tribbles are great Liban.

Uhhh... Yes. Sure they are.... :shock:

Umm... You do know that the Federation doesn't actually exist, don't you?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
Hey dude don't say that. I've actually been in Star Trek!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums