DSF - 5th Jan - 5th Feb

Topic locked
DSF - 5th Jan - 5th Feb Dec 25, 2011
It's nearly time for the Dubai Shopping Festival once again, where people go mental trying to find bargins of all sorts. Last year if you didn't know it was on, you pretty much would have missed it. It's certainly not advertised to the nines as in the days of old.

Lot's of events and whatnot happening for it though.

Happy shopping. :D

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: DSF - 5th Jan - 5th Feb Dec 25, 2011
Oh no! Not more shopping? I'm all shopped out! Now I'm being inundated with emails about the Next sale and M&S sale online starts today. I hate sales! They bring out all of last years rubbish, pile it high and hope everyone thinks they're bagging a bargain.

I wouldn't care if I never saw the inside of a shop again.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Funny thing, I was talking to Mr BB about it this morning. Remember when they had all those raffles?? One car every day?? Money, money, money. I never won anything then caught on and realized that my name and nationality might have had something to do with it. Didn't think they would take me serious if I wrote "Kumar" and I won and showed up to collect the prize. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

is there any vacancy available 3D exhibition Stand Designer????
sfurqans
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: DSF - 5th Jan - 5th Feb Dec 26, 2011
Bora Bora , Oh I totally agree with you and I think many people have noticed the bias in the raffles. I seem to recall one year the same guy won 3 cars? Fix? probably!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic ,

The best one I heard of was when a Saudi's son was selected to draw the winning ticket. When the kid put his hand into the barrel guess who had the winning ticket?? Apparently Daddy bought a raffle ticket, didn't deposit the stub into the barrel, but rather in his kid's hand, and the kid wound up pulling "the winning ticket", which happened to be in the possession of Daddy. :shock: At the time people thought "what a coincidence" until the truth came out.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Its 7.35 and I'm tuned into Sky News. The reporter was outside Selfridges on Bond Street.
There must have been a bus in from China!
The queue was a mile long and everyone of them turned their back on the camara. The reporter said it was a cultural thing.

All I can say is, China must be empty as the buggers are all queued up to buy a new Louis Vutton!
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: DSF - 5th Jan - 5th Feb Dec 27, 2011
Bora Bora , LOL that's hilarious - there's no accounting for some people hey. I tend to find that the prices in DSF don't tend to be any cheaper, they usually put them up a little before it, then 'pretend' you're getting a bargin.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events