Afghani Converts To Christianity - Facing Death Penalty

Topic locked
Mar 30, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:The man has found asylum in Italy.

YAhooooooo.....Now all he has to do is to write a book stating "the struggles with Islam fundamentalists" and he shall have some good cash. :D

But surely...he is registered as 'insane'?

Understand he is sponsored by the Pope...nice sponsor!

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 30, 2006
I really couldn't care less about this guy....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 30, 2006
Yeah, because he's not Muslim? You don't care that he could have been killed because he is Christian?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 30, 2006
kanelli wrote:Yeah, because he's not Muslim? You don't care that he could have been killed because he is Christian?

Bla bla bla....

I don't care not because some Afgan decided to change religion. People convert to Islam or Christianity or Confucionism (to name a few) every day.

There are more important things in the world that are happening than some farmer's religious happenings!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 30, 2006
This one man's story highlights the fact that non-Muslims are being and will continue to be persecuted in Afghanistan. An Afghan person should not have to choose between their religion and their country.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 30, 2006
Funny you don't say anything about Muslim persecution in say, Israel....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 30, 2006
here we go same old record

dum de dum de da la la ding dong

:roll: :roll:
arniegang

Mar 30, 2006
Well the guys are right Liban, once again you turn your back on people just because they belong to your 'flock'. Welle veryone has a right to choose and this man should never have gone through any of his ordeal - it was disgusting. And the fact that he was turned in by his own family is shameful.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 30, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well the guys are right Liban, once again you turn your back on people just because they belong to your 'flock'. Welle veryone has a right to choose and this man should never have gone through any of his ordeal - it was disgusting. And the fact that he was turned in by his own family is shameful.

well in that part of the world they regard apostates as criminals ....so any decent family like any part of the world will turn em over to police
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2006
Liban wrote:Funny you don't say anything about Muslim persecution in say, Israel....

Actually I have, but in this case we are not talking about the same circumstances so I haven't brought that into this thread. You see, I try to be as logical and on-topic as possible Liban :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 01, 2006
And now I read in the paper that there's uproar because people are saying he shouldn't have been let go and should have been given the death sentence.

What the hell kind of world are we living in.
It's very very sad!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 01, 2006
As an atheist I guess I would have been killed long ago - everyone of every religion would want my hide for not belonging to their faith. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? :lol: Religion can't be forced on people and people should be free to choose what they believe in.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 01, 2006
Absolutely Kanelli. Same here! Although I'm agnostic but same thing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 01, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Absolutely Kanelli. Same here! Although I'm agnostic but same thing.

I always claim to be 'Jedi' as it is a fictitious sort of religion from a Galaxy Far Far Away...but I have been asked if that is 'Christian Jedi' or 'Muslim Jedi'? :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 01, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well the guys are right Liban, once again you turn your back on people just because they belong to your 'flock'. Welle veryone has a right to choose and this man should never have gone through any of his ordeal - it was disgusting. And the fact that he was turned in by his own family is shameful.

My people???

I am not Afgani....

You've lived in the Arab world for how long??? Yet you still know little of it...?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2006
Jedi Knight :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 01, 2006
kanelli wrote:Jedi Knight :lol:

Dat's me!

(Mind you, getting the Lightsabre serviced in Dubai can be a princess!!) :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 01, 2006
Liban, I know you're not Afghani! Durgh! I meant Muslim 'flock' or brotherhood, any which way you want to put it.

DK, May the force be with you! And remember, do not give into hate, it only leads to the dark side.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 01, 2006
DK, May the force be with you! And remember, do not give into hate, it only leads to the dark side.[/quote]

Yes, Master Yoda... 8)
Dubai Knight

Apr 02, 2006
Blimey we will have the Star Trek mob i( Trekkies) n here soon wearing their pointy ears

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:Blimey we will have the Star Trek mob i( Trekkies) n here soon wearing their pointy ears

:lol: :lol:

Illogical, Captain!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 02, 2006
Live long and prosper! Now make it so!

Hehehehe, You'll wish you'd nenver said that Arnie, I'm such a trekky!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 02, 2006
God... Thank God Enterprise was cancelled or else you would be more pumped about Star Trek....

Sheesh!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Liban, I know you're not Afghani! Durgh! I meant Muslim 'flock' or brotherhood, any which way you want to put it.

The kind of Islam practiced in Afganistan is not the true Islam....

Burqas? Women barred from education and jobs?

Please, WTF is that all about!!!! :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
Liban wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Liban, I know you're not Afghani! Durgh! I meant Muslim 'flock' or brotherhood, any which way you want to put it.

The kind of Islam practiced in Afganistan is not the true Islam....

Burqas? Women barred from education and jobs?

Please, WTF is that all about!!!! :shock:

So the true Islam...is that practiced in KSA? It is the centre of the Islamic faith, is it not?

Where women are not allowed to drive, or even to walk in the street with a man who is not her husband or a blood relative? Makes it a little difficult for her to get a job as well don't you think? She could always vote to get these privileges...but that is disallowed as well.

I understand the background to protecting and respecting women and also to 'not putting temptation in the way of men', but how far does it have to go before 'protection' becomes 'restriction' as in basic human rights?

I am not speaking from heresay or even as someone who has an axe to grind, but I do think Islam needs to think about 'modernising' or at least liberalising some of it's views. These are basic human rights after all.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 02, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Live long and prosper! Now make it so!

Hehehehe, You'll wish you'd nenver said that Arnie, I'm such a trekky!

OMG no but yea but no but yea but.............

Chocs do you have an anorak and a pad and pencil as well ??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 02, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
So the true Islam...is that practiced in KSA? It is the centre of the Islamic faith, is it not?

Where women are not allowed to drive, or even to walk in the street with a man who is not her husband or a blood relative? Makes it a little difficult for her to get a job as well don't you think? She could always vote to get these privileges...but that is disallowed as well.

I understand the background to protecting and respecting women and also to 'not putting temptation in the way of men', but how far does it have to go before 'protection' becomes 'restriction' as in basic human rights?

I am not speaking from heresay or even as someone who has an axe to grind, but I do think Islam needs to think about 'modernising' or at least liberalising some of it's views. These are basic human rights after all.

Knight

Did I say that Saudi practices Islam correctly. Their version is just as crappy.

The House of Saud implemented their version of Islam which is just that, a VERSION.

True Islam is not practiced there either.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
What is true Islam? If it was that easy to interpret or follow, there would only be one true Islam. As with all faiths, there are many interpretations.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 02, 2006
kanelli wrote:What is true Islam? If it was that easy to interpret or follow, there would only be one true Islam. As with all faiths, there are many interpretations.

The true Islam is the Islam in the Quran. Not the one that is tailored to fit a patriarcal society, such as the one prevalent in the Islamic world today.

There is only one interpretation of the Quran. God's Quran. What others do is twist it for their own demented purposes.

I refer to those people as losers too :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
Well in that case Liban, I can understand your frustrations.

By the way Voyager was the best Janeway kicked butt!

Arnie, I'm not a trainspotter, and no I don't have a thermos flask either!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums