Terrorist Attacks US Embassy - Bosnia

Topic locked
Terrorist attacks US embassy - Bosnia Oct 29, 2011
Appears to be another attack carried out in the name of religion. Religious radicalism is spawning an endless pool of religiously motivated terrorists inside Europe - as we've seen a constant drip of terrorist attacks and extremist violence in Europe for the past two decades.

After a 30-minute standoff in the city centre, a police sniper wounded the man and he was arrested.

Bakir Izetbegovic, one of Bosnia's three presidents, condemned the shooting as a terrorist attack.

Photographs from the scene showed a bearded man walking down the street carrying an assault rifle.

Bosnian TV reports identified him as Mevlid Jasarevic, a 23-year-old Serbian citizen from Novi Pazar, a town in Serbia with a large Muslim community.

Reports said he was a member of the Islamic fundamentalist Wahhabi sect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15499143

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Terrorist attacks US embassy - Bosnia Oct 29, 2011
Strange, I thought you argued that Breivik wasn't a religously motivated terrorist. :roll:

But great to see your desperate attempt at spin on this one attack on a US embassy - of course it is a religiously motivated attack when a Muslim targets a US embassy, but not a terrorist attack when a 'Christian Crusader' kills teenagers (in your eyes). :roll: :roll:

But, I'm intrigued - what's this delusion about all these religiously motivated terrorist attacks in the EU. Have you told Europol about these? They don't appear in any official stats - only in loon posts on the web. Curious that.

Can you actually make a credible argument without making up imaginary attacks or making up/distorting Islamic theology? Precious little evidence of that so far eh. Credibility minus infinity currently. :D

;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

You are the one with no credibility here, you pervert liar.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

I see a loon throwing an insult out, but I can't see any evidence to back up the loon's rant. Such as it always was.

Herve - you are the one who was caught out in a bare, outright lie - saying you typed in a reference from your Quran when it was actually copied from a loon blog (as I rightly suspected, then proved). Eh here is imagining all these religiously motivated terrorist attacks in the EU - but Europol is unaware of these when it lists terror attacks.

So, what gives? Do you not have any real evidence - just name calling?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Strange, I thought you argued that Breivik wasn't a religously motivated terrorist. :roll:

Your first sentence in your first post about an attack in Bosnia by a Muslim, is about Breivik? Dude, seriously!
:drunken: :drunken: :drunken:
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Strange, I thought you argued that Breivik wasn't a religously motivated terrorist.

How is it strange logic to say Breivik wasn't a religious terrorist because he wasn't a religious man by his own admission?

of course it is a religiously motivated attack when a Muslim targets a US embassy

The attack fits the same pattern of countless terrorist attacks and plots carried out by Muslims in the name of religion for over the past decade and a half.

The article mentions he was a religious extremist. We'll see if religious extremism had anything to do with the attack or if he was a religious extremist who also happened to be a terrorist.

but not a terrorist attack when a 'Christian Crusader' kills teenagers (in your eyes).

Where have I claimed Breivik did not carry out a terrorist attack?

But, I'm intrigued - what's this delusion about all these religiously motivated terrorist attacks in the EU.

You can start with Europe's first suicide bombing against a German (?) police station in the nineties and move on to the attacks against France during the same period by terrorist groups operating in the name of Islam.

Europe has seen an unceasing drip in attacks and plots by radical Muslims who are willing to kill in the name of their religion for the past two decades. Islamic terrorism is not limited to time, geography or "conflict".
event horizon

Last major terrorist attack in Europe was by the self-styled 'Christian Crusader' Brievik - so why is it odd to mention this when eh talks about an imaginary set of religiously motivated terrorist attacks in Europe?

eh's smoke and mirrors can't change the facts about actual terrorist attacks and who is carrying them out.

(But then again, perhaps eh doesn't consider the 9/11 terrorists to be religiously motivated - after all they went to nightclubs, drank etc - so obviously weren't following Islam's teachings.... )

Note that eh takes the usual loon tactic of talking in generalities and not giving any actual stats or references. Europol do publish the details of terror attacks, and as we've seen many times before - over 90% of terror attacks are carried out by non-religious terrorists.

Facts and loons :roll:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Europol do publish the details of terror attacks, and as we've seen many times before - over 90% of terror attacks are carried out by non-religious terrorists.

Bosnia is not a EU member state. You need to brush up your geography knowledge, you seem to make a lot of those ´mistakes´.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Terrorist Attacks US Embassy - Bosnia Oct 29, 2011
Nice try.

However, the facts speak for themselves - as does the lack of actual stats in eh's generalisations.

Norway too isn't in the EU, but you can add Brievik's attack to those compiled by Europol and add this one shooting and the results will still be largely unchanged - i.e. over 90% of terrorist attacks (real ones, with bombs etc) being carried out by non-religious terrorists.

One-line smoke and mirror posts won't change the facts. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Check again, you are wrong. Why do you keep changing your mind Shaf?
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Terrorist Attacks US Embassy - Bosnia Oct 30, 2011
Checked again, and I can't see where I'm wrong - if I add Brievik's terrorist attack and this Bosnian one to Europol's figures I still get over 90%..

What figure do you get?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Terrorist attacks US embassy - Bosnia Oct 30, 2011
Last major terrorist attack in Europe was by the self-styled 'Christian Crusader' Brievik

Let me know where he described himself as a "Christian Crusader" or what that means in the context of him wanting Sikh and Atheist crusaders to join his cause.

Seems like I asked you this before. My guess is you'll repeat the "Christian Crusader" claim a half dozen more times before you find something else to meme.

eh's smoke and mirrors can't change the facts about actual terrorist attacks and who is carrying them out.

Go ahead, look at the stats. Compare the number of Islamist terror attacks in Europe to the number of Breivik type attacks.

(But then again, perhaps eh doesn't consider the 9/11 terrorists to be religiously motivated - after all they went to nightclubs, drank etc - so obviously weren't following Islam's teachings.... )

Their stated religious beliefs were pretty clear.
event horizon

I have looked at the stats, and they are clear. You're the one that hasn't provided any stats - just loon commentaries.
dubai-politics-talk/terrorism-the-facts-t41918.html

event horizon wrote:

Their stated religious beliefs were pretty clear.

Their behaviour was pretty clear - boozing and nightclubbing are quite clearly against Islam. Even herve wouldn't argue with that fact.

By contrast Brievik called himself a Christian Crusader and was killing teenagers to preserve his notion of a Christian Europe. He was pretty clear on that.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Where did Breivik call himself a "Christian Crusader"?

What were Breivik's actions in the months leading up to his attack?

What did the 9/11 hijackers call/view themselves? Shahids? Mujihadeen?

I have looked at the stats, and they are clear. You're the one that hasn't provided any stats - just loon commentaries.

Good. I'll let you tell me the number of Islamist vs "Breivik-type" terror attacks have been in Europe to compare.
event horizon

eh - I thought you'd asked me about Brievik's assertion of being a Christian Crusader before.. I was right... here is my answer with refs: He says he is 100% Christian and a modern-day crusader - i.e. a Christian Crusader. That's his claim, hence he's a self-styled Christian crusader - but one that isn't a good Christian, just like the 9/11 bombers weren't good Muslims.

shafique wrote:Why keep bringing up issues where we agree already - Brievik was not a good Christian. Agreed.

I assumed that the NY Times was correct:
Mr. Breivik, 32, a self-described Christian crusader, was calm, cooperative and in control of his emotions, whatever they might have been, Paal-Fredrik Hjort Kraby, a police prosecutor, said Sunday in Oslo.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/world ... orway.html

Were they wrong?

Brievik himself says he is "100% Christian", doesn't he?
"At the age of 15 I chose to be baptised (sic) and confirmed in the Norwegian State Church," the 32-year-old Breivik wrote. "I consider myself to be 100 percent Christian."

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/ ... 624540.php

Cheers,
Shafique

As for the stats of terrorist attacks by non-Muslims - it is still over 90%. I'm surprised your still confused over this fact.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Terrorist attacks US embassy - Bosnia Oct 31, 2011
I asked you before where Breivik called himself a "Christian Crusader". You never provided a direct quote from Breivik describing himself as that.

You're now resorting to making up phrases Breivik did not use. So far he did not call himself a "Christian Crusader".

That would be the equivalent of taking what someone said of himself as being "tired" in one paragraph and in another saying they are a "police officer" and you claiming that person said he is a "tired police officer".

Obviously, this is another one of your lies exposed. You have not shown that Breivik called himself a "Christian Crusader". You've admitted as such and to cover up your lie you're manipulating quotes.

The comparison with Breivik and the devout 9/11 hijackers is another wild fantasy. Breivik by his own accounts was not a devout Christian and had a secular worldview - he supported gay rights and opposed religious states and was only nominally Christian.

The 9/11 hijackers were Muslim fundamentalists who carried out their attacks in the name of their religion and viewed themselves as holy warriors and martyrs. There's no comparison between Breivik and the 9/11 hijackers religiously.

You're grasping at straws - all the more so after you've been caught up in another one of your lies, claiming Breivik described himself as a "Christian Crusader".
event horizon

Why the denial eh? Why the confusion?

Brievik says he is '100% Christian' - reference and quote given. I even highlighted in red 'Christian Crusader' bit of the quote from NY Times. You yourself have quoted Brievik saying he is a modern day crusader.

ergo He thinks of himself as a 'Christian Crusader'.

We both agree he's not a good Christian. The 9/11 terrorists weren't good Muslims either. Same difference.

Now, when it comes to stats - as I said, over 90% of terrorist acts (bombings etc) are not by Muslims/Jihadists etc.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

ergo He thinks of himself as a 'Christian Crusader'.

So where did he call himself a "Christian Crusader"?

No need for you to manipulate unrelated quotes. It's your repeated claim. Your claim was exposed as being false. Now you're just lying when you repeat it.

We both agree he's not a good Christian. The 9/11 terrorists weren't good Muslims either. Same difference.

A secular Christian is not the same difference as devout Muslims who carry out violence in the name of their religion.

A pathetic and thinly veiled attempt at minimizing the significant role Islam played in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Now, when it comes to stats - as I said, over 90% of terrorist acts (bombings etc) are not by Muslims/Jihadists etc.

I'd love for you to show the stats that over 90% of terrorist attacks are not carried out by Muslims, but after you show the number of "Breivik-type" to Muslim terror attacks in Europe over the past several years.

You might want to take a look at this thread before claiming 9/10 of terror attacks are not carried out by Muslims: dubai-politics-talk/most-terrorists-aren-islamic-t43765.html
event horizon

The attack in Sarajevo was really carried out in the name of religion. The attacker is the member of ultraconservative Wahhabi Muslim sect, he is originally from Novi Pazar, the town at the south of Serbia mostly inhabeted by moslem population, in recent years radical islam has been grown in the town and the region.
And before the attack he visited Gornja Maoca -the village in Bosnia, the centre of Bosnian Wahhabis. Read something about the village:

http://humanrightshouse.org/Articles/13333.html

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/10/29/1939 ... after.html

http://serbianna.com/news/archives/3785

I blame the west and US because they allowed creation of such a state within Europe.
Melani
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Terrorist Attacks US Embassy - Bosnia Oct 31, 2011
Crazy.gif
Crazy.gif (46.09 KiB) Viewed 1340 times
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk