F1 Yas Island

Topic locked
F1 Yas Island Oct 26, 2011
Is anyone here into the F1 at all? I've never really seen the appeal myself, but I have to say the concerts that go with it here are what I'm looking forward to. I don't care what anyone says, I reckon we're lucky to have so many varied and wonderful acts coming to the UAE on a regular basis.

Britney, Incubus, The Cult, Paul McCartney. Also Beats on the Beach with local and international Dj's should be great.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: F1 Yas Island Oct 26, 2011
As they say: no accounting for one's taste. :mrgreen:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

So be constructive them BB, who would you/have you seen that you've liked?

I'd really like to go and see Paul McCartney, but am not buying F1 tickets for that. Shame really.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Not many do care for the F1 locally thats why its has to be emblished with concerts and events to appeal to the masses here. If it was just the race..... Just the few die hard F1 fans will turn up. To see a F1 race live is one of those once to do things, its better enjoyed on TV where you catch all the actions, commentary aswell as slo-mos and replays.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: F1 Yas Island Oct 27, 2011
I went to see F1 this year and it was a great experience. I like the vibe, so many people from around the world travel in just to see the race. Seeing and hearing (with ear plugs) the cars in person was much more interesting than just watching it on TV. The concerts are a great idea because it does attract more people and they are an enjoyable way to fill in the time. It is worth it to experience live F1 at least once in your life.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I went to the F1 in Bahrain one year, never been so bored in my entire life. :shock:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Well, at least you can say you've done it once! :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

never been there tbh. i might go once their "fun" rides actually start running. right now, all their rides seem to be suited for 12 yr olds.

as for the hotels/amenities in the island and such, i consider them to be meh. :oops:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Sports ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Sports Forum