What A Great DF Meet!!

Topic locked
Re: What A Great DF Meet!! Oct 26, 2011
kanelli wrote:I don't live in Dubai, and I would never be invited by the clique anyway. BM, I'm happy for you that you have friends on here, but I have no interest in ever becoming your friend. I'm sure the feeling is mutual. The difference is that I'm not arrogant enough to claim that you are jealous of me. :lol:

Chocs and I only commented that a small hand-picked group, excluding everyone else on the forum, coming here to say they had a "DF Meetup" and gloat about how wonderful it was is childish and not technically a DF Meetup since it wasn't open to everyone.

It is a simple fact that an open DF Meetup likely would never happen because of the negative environment here and hateful views of some about others' backgrounds and religions. You guys know it and have to make private meetups for yourselves. Each to their own, and have a good time! :lol:

:roll: really.

By the way, I think someone did not pay the right amount for their bill. Just realized that now that I found a pile of money...had forgotten that I used my card to pay the bill and collected the cash...I did some quick math and someone did not chip in :shock: :shock: I might be wrong but I think it was the guy with the 'loud' shirt... (who was just passing thru Dubai and just join in the fun :evil: - lesson learned :oops: )

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Bethsmum wrote:I won't bore anybody with reposting what you've told us about you.

But they do include:
Your dad being a valued employee of Emirates Airline.
You get free flights.
You are the voice of Emirates Airline.
Your parents live in Australia.
They have a boat.
You have a bike.
You have a maid.
You have a German boyfriend.
You are a sharp shooter.
You can kick arse.
You can surfboard.
You can ride horses.
You are fit.
You have a fitness DVD.
You work in the media.
You work with kids.

Would you like me to continue?

Oh dear BM, you really haven't been paying attention have you - half of those are completely incorrect. I suggestion you trawl back through my threads and get the correct answers, there will be a test! At this rate you'll fail!

Weird stalker woman!

-- Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:17 am --

Nucleus wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Well I think I'll call it exactly what I want, and that's a DF meet. There was no-one there that I had not met on DF :wink:

I think you meant the old timers were........as there's hardly any of you left and one is never coming back.

Technically, DF meet up supposed to be announced on the DF.

Exactly!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Weird stalker woman!

Chocs, it isn't ME who chases YOU around DF. :blackeye:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: What A Great DF meet!! Oct 26, 2011
Also BM and BB need to learn to tell the difference between bragging and imparting information in a discussion. I have never bragged about anything, more given info are part of ongoing discussions on various topics to reinforce a point.

BM, brags about her BMW, her farm, her animals, all the gory deets about her fam which most really don't care about all the time. So many of BM's posts I open in the hope it'll be something interesting, but no we have to go through her entire life story to get to the actual point she wanted to make.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Also BM and BB need to learn to tell the difference between bragging and imparting information in a discussion. I have never bragged about anything, more given info are part of ongoing discussions on various topics to reinforce a point.

BM, brags about her BMW, her farm, her animals, all the gory deets about her fam which most really don't care about all the time. So many of BM's posts I open in the hope it'll be something interesting, but no we have to go through her entire life story to get to the actual point she wanted to make.

She has a BMW? The car she showed up in at the meet was much nicer...She must have rented it for the occassion :P ummm...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

["Chocoholic"]Also BM and BB need to learn to tell the difference between bragging and imparting information in a discussion.

Unfortunately for you Chocs there is no difference. :lol:

I have never bragged about anything, more given info are part of ongoing discussions on various topics to reinforce a point.

PMSL!!!

I can shot you because my German, undecover, secret service, under the radar (who actually doesn't "exist in the UAE"), special ops boyfriend has a gun.
I got it from very reliable sources.........blah, blah, blah.
I am an expert in martial arts and will kick your arse.
(When people talk about getting a driver's license) I'm getting my license to drive a hand-me-down motorcycle from my boyfriend whose getting a really big hog.
I am the voice of Emirates Airlines and get a gazillon tickets a year.
I was on the front page of a magazine (personal favorite of mine)))
I was so drunk I held the bar up.

All very useful information - NOT!!!!!

.............and the list goes on and on.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Ambassador wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Also BM and BB need to learn to tell the difference between bragging and imparting information in a discussion. I have never bragged about anything, more given info are part of ongoing discussions on various topics to reinforce a point.

She has a BMW? The car she showed up in at the meet was much nicer...She must have rented it for the occassion :P ummm...

she has a BMW in the UK, god knows she's harped on about it enough. So let me get this straight, BM drove to the meet? And was she drinking? I seriously doubt she couldn't go out without her bottle of cheapo plonk. Hmmm drinking without a booze license and driving - well done Ambassador, you certainly know how to dump people in the poop.

-- Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:55 pm --

Bora Bora wrote:
["Chocoholic"]Also BM and BB need to learn to tell the difference between bragging and imparting information in a discussion.

Unfortunately for you Chocs there is no difference. :lol:

I have never bragged about anything, more given info are part of ongoing discussions on various topics to reinforce a point.

PMSL!!!

I can shot you because my German, undecover, secret service, under the radar (who actually doesn't "exist in the UAE"), special ops boyfriend has a gun.
I got it from very reliable sources.........blah, blah, blah.
I am an expert in martial arts and will kick your arse.
(When people talk about getting a driver's license) I'm getting my license to drive a hand-me-down motorcycle from my boyfriend whose getting a really big hog.
I am the voice of Emirates Airlines and get a gazillon tickets a year.
I was on the front page of a magazine (personal favorite of mine)))
I was so drunk I held the bar up.

All very useful information - NOT!!!!!

.............and the list goes on and on.

Incorrect - am not the voice of Emirates, merely the scheduling IVR. Don't get tix anymore. I don't know any martial arts - never said I did! A second hand bike is better than no bike and it's hardly a small one! Never been on the front cover of a mag (never said that) but have been featured in plenty. I don't get drunk - unlike some around here.

PYSL BB? More like pissed your incontinence pants.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
general_A wrote:be on the cover of people magazine

Done that :D

I think you should live everyday as if it's your bucket list personally. So much to do, so little time. I think it might take a few lifetimes.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

I think you should live everyday as if it's your bucket list personally. So much to do, so little time. I think it might take a few lifetimes.

Well then I have to correct myself and say that I only read the thing briefly. No covers, plenty of features though. As stated before, info imparted as part of an answer to a thread question, so whats' yer problem? Jealousy sure sucks hey.

And you losers have nothing better to contribute than the rifle through my old posts? Seriously get a life.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Incorrect - am not the voice of Emirates, merely the scheduling IVR. Don't get tix anymore. I don't know any martial arts - never said I did! A second hand bike is better than no bike and it's hardly a small one! Never been on the front cover of a mag (never said that) but have been featured in plenty. I don't get drunk - unlike some around here.

PYSL BB? More like pissed your incontinence pants.

You don't get drunk?? Oh lord, Chocs I've been on DF long enough to know damn well that booze and your "meds" were your crutch. I think from your excessive usage some brain cells have been fried along the way Chocs. It wasn't so long ago that you were jumping up and down looking to take some bottles off of DDs hands when he was leaving. Oh, yeah, here's another bit of "info" you imparted: I remember you telling all how your pilot friends would drag you off to that dive bar near work and would get you drunk. I believe your choice of spirits was vodka.

And I will remind you - YOU did say you were the voice of Emirates Airlines. Just this year you imparted info about all the tickets you got. Remember, you were able to fly depending on availability. You "scheduled" IVR? Do you have any idea what IVR is?

Right, featured in plenty of mags. If you say so. :drunken:

No martial arts?? My bad. Your an expert in kickboxing. That was how you were going to kick my arse!!!

You have serious memory loss or selective memory loss. I'll going to go along with that, then I can feel sorry for you, rather than be embarrassed for you. You should know that not everyone suffers that that.

PS> I don't need to "rifle" through your old posts. Some of your info is very memorable. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Seriously not caring. Back to the foe list you go.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

:cheers:

My advice to you Chocs is: if you want to forget your past and don't want to be reminded, avoid situations where people will show you where you went wrong.

And please don't use some pathetic excuse that you "read it too fast".

-- Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:26 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:Seriously not caring. Back to the foe list you go.

Love when you are lost for words and cave in when faced with the truth. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Not reading your crap BB. Go write something constructive in one of the other threads. Ignoring from now on. Talk to the hand.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Not reading your crap BB. Go write something constructive in one of the other threads. Ignoring from now on. Talk to the hand.

But, .................but,................. you can't see me!!!! :lol: :lol: Oh, I know, you peeked!!! :shock: You cheater you.!!!! :lol:

Yes, I'll announce Diwali - what a useful bit of information that is. :mrgreen:
Yes, I'll announce Eid holidays - did you get that info from your reliable sources? :shock:

Oh, shucks, you beat me to it!!!! :blackeye:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Not reading your crap BB. Go write something constructive in one of the other threads. Ignoring from now on. Talk to the hand.

But, .................but,................. you can't see me!!!! :lol: :lol: Oh, I know, you peeked!!! :shock: You cheater you.!!!! :lol:

Yes, I'll announce Diwali - what a useful bit of information that is. :mrgreen:
Yes, I'll announce Eid holidays - did you get that info from your reliable sources? :shock:

Oh, shucks, you beat me to it!!!! :blackeye:

Love itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I'm loving your work Chocs!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

Re: What A Great DF meet!! Oct 27, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:
Ambassador wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

she has a BMW in the UK, god knows she's harped on about it enough. So let me get this straight, BM drove to the meet? And was she drinking? I seriously doubt she couldn't go out without her bottle of cheapo plonk. Hmmm drinking without a booze license and driving - well done Ambassador, you certainly know how to dump people in the poop.

I did not say she drove in - those cars come with chauffeurs! Note that she is not dragging about it and I just happened to arrive at the same place in the car behind hers and only realized who she was once the meet started..
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

I do hope you meant 'brag' Ambassador and not that I looked like a man dressed as a woman :oops:
Bethsmum

That's 'bragging' luv NOT 'dragging' . LOL doesn't surprise me. BM too up herself to take a lowly cab.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Bethsmum wrote:I do hope you meant 'brag' Ambassador and not that I looked like a man dressed as a woman :oops:

:oops: :P

-- Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:40 am --

Chocoholic wrote:That's 'bragging' luv NOT 'dragging' . LOL doesn't surprise me. BM too up herself to take a lowly cab.

Did you read what I wrote? Whilst I have nice cars I do not have one like the one BM arrived in (there might be a story behind the car :P ).

It have been a 'Freudian slip' as there was someone at the same venue who might have been 'dragging' ( not part of the DF meet and nothing wrong with it). Or just an ugly/man- woman :shock:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

BM's "bragging" posts have obviously gone straight over your head chocs.
One thing she isn't is a bragger.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Ambassador wrote:Did you read what I wrote? Whilst I have nice cars I do not have one like the one BM arrived in (there might be a story behind the car :P ).

Yea, she has lot of stories, but what model?
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote:
Ambassador wrote:Did you read what I wrote? Whilst I have nice cars I do not have one like the one BM arrived in (there might be a story behind the car :P ).

Being a model she has never bragged about though she could :P
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
Nucleus wrote:

Being a model she has never bragged about though she could :P

I'm talking about car model.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote:I'm talking about car model.

Ah :oops:

Well I don't really know much about those things. It was big and boxie (not a limo) and chauffeur driven (uniform, gloves, the whole bit)...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
Nucleus wrote:I'm talking about car model.

Ah :oops:

Well I don't really know much about those things. It was big and boxie (not a limo) and chauffeur driven (uniform, gloves, the whole bit)...

:roll:
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: What A Great DF Meet!! Oct 27, 2011
You cant expect women to know about cars can you. Even when buying one their only criteria is that is should be "cute" !
desertdudeshj

Re: What A Great DF meet!! Oct 28, 2011
well I have to fess up to being one of the invitees! Cant keep it down anymore. Yes, I was there! Thank you BM. What a stunning beauty you are. Couldnt keep my eyes off you from the moment you arrived in your chauffeur driven car and throughout the evening. I am afraid I missed half of what you said to me! I want to meet you again and this time I promise to listen attentively. I wasnt being rude.
And what sparkling company the rest of them were! Bora...ooh la la! You are gorgeous and enlightening, two qualities that dont always go together.
Now, for the Ambassador. I know I was not diplomatic enough. I am sure you might have caught me staring on more than a couple of occasions. I am not the one thats going to let on whether you are of the male or female gender, dont worry. All that I will say is that if you are a male you are a mighty pretty one!
About the others I shall hold my counsel for now.
Cant wait for the next Meetup, or even if i'll be invited. If I get lucky, I could even win the lottery!
zonker
BANNED

Well it is 0.54 UK time and I'm now back on the Ponderosa :D How I love my small farm of 100 acres of prime National Park Land as much as my lovely little apartment overlooking the Jumeirah Beach.

I wonder what the poor folks are doing right now?

-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:07 am --

benwj wrote:BM's "bragging" posts have obviously gone straight over your head chocs.
One thing she isn't is a bragger.

Thanks ben but I'm always wary about what's coming next :?

Chocs once accused me of bragging about my beautiful Beth when I said that, although she was considered to be 'quite' intelligent, she didn't know where Halifax was :shock: That isn't something I would want to brag about as it isn't 100 miles away from where we live!

-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:10 am --

I think Chocs just goes into meltdown when she sees BM posting :D

-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:13 am --

Chocoholic wrote:That's 'bragging' luv NOT 'dragging' . LOL doesn't surprise me. BM too up herself to take a lowly cab.

Make your mind up Chocs!! You slag me off for drinking and driving then don't like it whan you hear I've been driven :shock:

-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:22 am --

Ambassador wrote:I don't really know much about those things. It was big and boxie (not a limo) and chauffeur driven (uniform, gloves, the whole bit)...

Ambassador :D I know you are well aware about the story behind my 'lift' to the meet up!

I'm afraid I have come to terms with the fact that my beautiful Beth has more connections than me :? I do love Uncle Mohammed though :D :D :D

-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:26 am --

desertdudeshj wrote:You cant expect women to know about cars can you. Even when buying one their only criteria is that is should be "cute" !

You're right asusual Munchkin! The car was nice and big and I think it was a Maybach, It was white if that helps.

-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:28 am --

zonker wrote:well I have to fess up to being one of the invitees! Cant keep it down anymore. Yes, I was there! Thank you BM. What a stunning beauty you are. Couldnt keep my eyes off you from the moment you arrived in your chauffeur driven car and throughout the evening. I am afraid I missed half of what you said to me! I want to meet you again and this time I promise to listen attentively. I wasnt being rude.

I'm used to men talking to my chest Zonker.
Bethsmum

zonker wrote:well I have to fess up to being one of the invitees! Cant keep it down anymore. Yes, I was there! Thank you BM. What a stunning beauty you are. Couldnt keep my eyes off you from the moment you arrived in your chauffeur driven car and throughout the evening. I am afraid I missed half of what you said to me! I want to meet you again and this time I promise to listen attentively. I wasnt being rude.
And what sparkling company the rest of them were! Bora...ooh la la! You are gorgeous and enlightening, two qualities that dont always go together.
Now, for the Ambassador. I know I was not diplomatic enough. I am sure you might have caught me staring on more than a couple of occasions. I am not the one thats going to let on whether you are of the male or female gender, dont worry. All that I will say is that if you are a male you are a mighty pretty one!
About the others I shall hold my counsel for now.
Cant wait for the next Meetup, or even if i'll be invited. If I get lucky, I could even win the lottery!

Good you decided to reveal that you were there...I wasn't sure about the original reason for not admitting to being at the meet...but then again, I only ever visit or post in the General forum.

It was nice to meet you...I enjoyed the conversation about traveling...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat