I Love.......boobies!!

Topic locked
I Love.......boobies!! Oct 21, 2011
There is a nation wide campaign in Canada to bring more awareness about breast cancer among the younger population, encouraging young people to engage and start talking about a subject that appears to be taboo and scary.
Breast cancer is a common disease in women over 40.
What is less known is that it is the commonest cause of death in younger women, i.e those less than 40 years of age.
"Keep a Breast Foundation of Canada" has come up with this novel idea of propagating the slogan "I Love my boobies" through bracelets and T shirts with this slogan on them.
This morning while riding in the Zonkermobile I heard a rather interesting news on the radio. Authorities at one school in Western Canada have banned teenagers from wearing the bracelets and shirts with the "I Love Boobies" slogan. An animated discussion followed, but I could not understand why this was banned?
Were they right to do this? :roll:

zonker
BANNED

Re: I Love.......boobies!! Oct 21, 2011
I just object to the word "boobies". It is too immature. At least T-shirts that say "I love MY boobies" would prevent the shirts being worn by males who may make fun of the campaign, trying to state how much they love women's boobies. :D The school authorities shouldn't have banned the t-shirts and clothing, because it isn't obscene. Nothing irks teens more than authorities trying to ban something - they should have just let the campaign run its course and ignored it. The novelty would wear off soon enough. :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

zonker wrote:There is a nation wide campaign in Canada to bring more awareness about breast cancer among the younger population, encouraging young people to engage and start talking about a subject that appears to be taboo and scary.
Breast cancer is a common disease in women over 40.
What is less known is that it is the commonest cause of death in younger women, i.e those less than 40 years of age.
"Keep a Breast Foundation of Canada" has come up with this novel idea of propagating the slogan "I Love my boobies" through bracelets and T shirts with this slogan on them.
This morning while riding in the Zonkermobile I heard a rather interesting news on the radio. Authorities at one school in Western Canada have banned teenagers from wearing the bracelets and shirts with the "I Love Boobies" slogan. An animated discussion followed, but I could not understand why this was banned?
Were they right to do this? :roll:

It was banned Probably because it was a muslim school, like the ones where they have prayers on fridays on the school premises.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Shut up Herve. This has nothing to do with religion. You constantly have this need to expose yourself for the idiot you are. You can stop now as we have been aware of that fact for longest time.

Back on topic.

Breast cancer is scarey and people should become more aware. Breast cancer can strike women in their 20s. I find it hard to believe that Canadians find that awareness and discussing breast cancer is taboo. They are, or so I thought, more advanced than that. That kind of thinking exists in the Middle East, but slowly Middle Eastern people are becoming more and more aware of the fact that it is an illness not to be ignored and stikes men and women.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

It always amazes me how tolerant a society can be towards images of violence and how intolerant towards the beauty of the human body. I know, it wasn't in Canada, but just think about nipple gate.

I was once banned somewhere for my LAPD T-shirt. The had a problem with the ANCE at the next line. :oops:
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Took a sec for me to put it together FD. LAPD = Los Angeles Police Department.

Knowing you, I think that was probably your favorite shirt!!!! :lol: and I bet you have at least a dozen of them in different colors. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Professor Herve, I dont think so :D
Good attempt
But sorry. The part of Canada this school is located in is all white and Christian. Not that that matters :?
zonker
BANNED

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat