Dr Conrad Murray. Guilty Or Not Guilty?

Topic locked
Dr Conrad Murray. Guilty or Not Guilty? Oct 03, 2011
The manslaughter trial against Michael Jackson's doctor begins its second week, today.

Prosecutors have been laying out their case against Dr. Conrad Murray largely in chronological fashion, with witnesses during the first week of trial recounting the singer's final performances, his interactions with fans on his last day and frantic efforts to revive the King of Pop.

Authorities contend Murray gave Jackson a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol and other sedatives in the singer's bedroom in 2009.

Murray's attorneys are presenting jurors with an alternate theory _ that Jackson gave himself the lethal dose when Murray left the room.

I'm not to sure about the trail being played out on TV. We haven't got to that stage yet, in the UK, but there are moves to allow it.
The phone call from Michael Jackson which had been taped and then played to the Court was bizarre. There's no way I could recognise his voice in that tape. He sounded well out of it.
Then there's Janet tweeting all over the place. How odd! I wonder if the Judge has had anything to say about that?
There's talk of Prince and Paris giving evidence in open Court. If I was Katherine Jackson, I wouldn't allow it. What possible information could they have as to whether the Doctor administed the fatal dose or not?

So....guilty or not guilty?

I'm going with not guilty. Michael Jackson appeared to have a death wish.

http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/othe ... 4f888.html

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Dr Conrad Murray. Guilty or Not Guilty? Oct 03, 2011
Guilty...no doubt.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

I think he's also guilty. He had a duty to look after his patient and he failed miserably. Sadly private doctors doing what they want to keep contracts worth hundreds of thousands are more important, than patient welfare. Jackson was an addict, there's no doubt about that and he had a physician who fed his addictions instead of trying to help him.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:I think he's also guilty. He had a duty to look after his patient and he failed miserably. Sadly private doctors doing what they want to keep contracts worth hundreds of thousands are more important, than patient welfare. Jackson was an addict, there's no doubt about that and he had a physician who fed his addictions instead of trying to help him.

I think the main reason he will be convicted is that the administration of Propofol in a home setting goes against EVERY medical standard...and why he is being prosecuted. If it were a simple overdose on prescribed medicine there would be no case.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Dr Conrad Murray. Guilty Or Not Guilty? Oct 03, 2011
Poor sucka, does not stand a chance ... ever since OJ could not fit his hand in the glove (but we all know he did it ?) every middle class professional African American is immediately GUILTY, if for no other reason that OJ got away with it.

In my view MJ was a basket case, doped up on more self medicated prescriptions than my local pharmacy and it could have been a bee sting that would have pushed him over the final cliff - so whether or not this guy was negligent in his duty of care or whatever, I think a bigger finger of blame needs to be pointed at Jackson himself.

But thats a personal opinion

<Grabs nuts, squeeks "shamona", spins and exits stage left!>
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat