Why Ban Anyone?

Topic locked
Why Ban Anyone? Sep 29, 2011
I see that a lot of fierce skirmishes have taken place since I last had the temerity to peek in here. And things appear to be on the boil at the moment! :shock:
However, I am not for banning anyone.
How boring would it be to come to a tame and docile Forum, where everyone is in total agreement with everybody else! A sanitized environment, that I would gladly shun. I love the depravity! :P
If you dont like someone's post, then a counter argument once twice or thrice even should be the limit, and then ignoring him or her thereafter is the best policy. The rant is bound to die down sooner or later.
Finally, I should like to say, I am a fence sitter. I should like to cheer both sides on to greater effort. Put more sting in it. Go on you can do it. Rise to the occasion. :mrgreen:
Let the abuse begin.
And let the show go on. :alien:

zonker
BANNED

Re: Why Ban Anyone? Sep 29, 2011
Zonker my man.

That's the most logical content post in here for a long time.

It's unfortunate that some of the individualsbhere are to thick to understand
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: Why Ban Anyone? Sep 30, 2011
Its not logical at all.

You get people posting really nasty things from behind the anonymity of an avatar - without anyone here to police the terrible conduct - but then worry about the environment being too sanitized? Having moderation is not about making everyone agree with each other, it about stopping the trolls and abuse. Clearly online communities where people don't post with their own names and pictures need consistent moderation or else they descend into a garbage heap.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

and what is your name?
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

We are responsible adults Kanelli! :drunken: :drunken:
No one's going to get stabbed!
zonker
BANNED

Yes, clearly people are being very responsible...

If people get pissed off enough who knows if someone won't get stabbed. It has happened in France over a video game, and in the UK over an internet forum.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Yes, clearly people are being very responsible...

If people get pissed off enough who knows if someone won't get stabbed. It has happened in France over a video game, and in the UK over an internet forum.

How does someone stab another person over an internet forum???? :drunken: :drunken: I would think that would be physically impossible. :?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

:D

I'm reminded of the child who was puzzled why people would stand over pools of milk and cry - she couldn't understand why people 'cried over spilt milk'. :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Bora Bora wrote:

How does someone stab another person over an internet forum???? :drunken: :drunken: I would think that would be physically impossible. :?

In both cases the pissed off person tracked their target down and attacked them at their own front doors. Both lived, thankfully. Very scary though! I doubt those guys thought that a scuffle with a stranger over the internet could result in violence at their home.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Bora Bora wrote:

I do remember an episode from TJ, threating to hunt Zubber down all the way.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Herve is already look for my IP address. I live in constant fear of attack by a large woman in a burkha.
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

I do remember an episode from TJ, threating to hunt Zubber down all the way.

Why so serious FD??? I found some humor in the statement that someone could stab someone "over the internet". Being threatened over the internet is verbal, being stabbed over the internet would be physical.:D

-- Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:00 pm --

DearJohn wrote:Herve is already look for my IP address. I live in constant fear of attack by a large woman in a burkha.

Well if he finds it I guess he will get two-for-one. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Yeah FD loosen up. I thought Dutch people were chilled out.

Bora, the only place Herve is likely to get two for one is at the local supermarket.
Actually maybe I am underestimating the threat and should engage in pre-emptive action. No what am I saying, that's just not right.
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

DearJohn wrote:Herve is already look for my IP address. I live in constant fear of attack by a large woman in a burkha.

:lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Shafique

jeez! Now thats desperation!!
Laughing at your own posts LOL
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

^I thought you'd finally taken off the tinfoil hat BM, but alas - it seems firmly lodged on your head.

Doesn't it get in the way of the blue-rinse? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Could you ask Mrs Shafique if she could lend me her burque then i wouldnt have to bother with the blue rinse.
Bethsmum

zonker wrote:I see that a lot of fierce skirmishes have taken place since I last had the temerity to peek in here. And things appear to be on the boil at the moment! :shock:
However, I am not for banning anyone.
How boring would it be to come to a tame and docile Forum, where everyone is in total agreement with everybody else! A sanitized environment, that I would gladly shun. I love the depravity! :P
If you dont like someone's post, then a counter argument once twice or thrice even should be the limit, and then ignoring him or her thereafter is the best policy. The rant is bound to die down sooner or later.
Finally, I should like to say, I am a fence sitter. I should like to cheer both sides on to greater effort. Put more sting in it. Go on you can do it. Rise to the occasion. :mrgreen:
Let the abuse begin.
And let the show go on. :alien:

hahaha a fence sitter? What a joke Zonker - you're a little snitch is what you are!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

A snitch? How very dare you call my friend a snitch for letting me know you' ve been sending PMs about me to my friends!

If he's a snitch what does that make you? At best a sly underhand little b1tch and at worsta coward. Which is it Big Girl?
Bethsmum

^Shouldn't you be concentrating on your Bingo?

BTW - I asked my wife about the Burqa request - she suggested I ask my mum to help you out, as she doesn't have anything that would suit a granny. :D

She muttered something about mutton dressed as lamb ... does that mean something to you? ;) :D

But seriously, shouldn't you devote more time to the old biddies you're out with?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:^Shouldn't you be concentrating on your Bingo?

BTW - I asked my wife about the Burqa request - she suggested I ask my mum to help you out, as she doesn't have anything that would suit a granny. :D

She muttered something about mutton dressed as lamb ... does that mean something to you? ;) :D

But seriously, shouldn't you devote more time to the old biddies you're out with?

Cheers,
Shafique

LOL I suspect the G&T's are being sloshed about by now. She'll have to hop off to the old folks soon for her meds.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocs, my fiancee would kill me if she found out I had been getting PMs on DF from strange women! :shock:
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:Chocs, my fiancee would kill me if she found out I had been getting PMs on DF from strange women! :shock:

Oh so you admit to being BM's little toy boy then? Do you find her huge grannie pants attractive? Does she have to take her false teeth out to give you a smooch?

*walked straight into that one* #fool
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I am no one's toy boy Chocs!
So is that what you were fishing for when you sent me those PMs? :shock:
Sorry to disappoint! :oops:
zonker
BANNED

Chocoholic wrote:
zonker wrote:Chocs, my fiancee would kill me if she found out I had been getting PMs on DF from strange women! :shock:

Oh so you admit to being BM's little toy boy then? Do you find her huge grannie pants attractive? Does she have to take her false teeth out to give you a smooch?

*walked straight into that one* #fool

Looool@huge-grannie-pants!!!
I wonder if her a.sshole is as big as her mouth :lol:
symmetric
BANNED

I don't know how big her a.sshole is but there are some pretty big ones on this forum.
patience
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Why Ban Anyone? Oct 01, 2011
symmetric wrote:Looool@huge-grannie-pants!!!
I wonder if her a.sshole is as big as her mouth :lol:

Its hard to say which one is which, because shyte comes out from both ends !
desertdudeshj

How amusing munchkin!
Quite the little joker aren't you? I bet you keep everyone amused down at the taxi rank on a slow night.

Try to think of something original though! You cant hang on others shirt tails for ever!
Bethsmum

And there you go, point proven ! :)
desertdudeshj

shafique wrote:^Shouldn't you be concentrating on your Bingo?

Cheers,
Shafique

Quoting your English phrase book Johnny!
I can see your need to invent DJ to vent your pent up frustrations. It wasnt Shafiques style to slag anyone off unless they were a sick child!
Youre slipping sunshine!
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat