Emirates ID Card Deadline Update

Topic locked
Emirates ID card deadline update Sep 14, 2011
Once again, it's about as clear as mud lol

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirate ... 4-1.418572

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Emirates ID Card Deadline Update Sep 14, 2011
After nothing short of slaying goliath I finally managed to get it a few months back, after a 7 month ordeal. Since then its just been sitting in my wallet
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Emirates ID card deadline update Sep 14, 2011
Well I have an Ajman visa, which runs out in March, so it seems a waste of time to get one for 3 months, only to have to renew it again.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Exactly save yourself the trouble.
desertdudeshj

OMG A thread without all out war being declared. Surely there must be some Islam/Christian/Jewish conspiracy going on??? :D
patience
Dubai Forums Frequenter

The deadline has had a few false starts. I remember about a year ago, a colleague of mine couldn't register his car in Abu Dhabi because they insisted that he had to have an ID card, but they reversed that policy as soon as they brought it in.

That was really bad luck on his part that he wanted to register his car just when they decided to insist on ID's. He was in a panic.

I'm posting here partly because I want to see what my new avatar looks like.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Issuing the ID card was suchh a hassle, I remember that day very well where I was waiting from 6 AM to 10 AM until it was my turn.
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Emirates ID Card Deadline Update Sep 15, 2011
After four months mine finally arrived only it was on someone else name, a few run arounds later and two months on I finally got one with my name and pic on !

While applying I was sneaking, went in made a sob story and the nice lady let me trough, with in 20mins I was done :)
desertdudeshj

Re: Emirates ID Card Deadline Update Sep 15, 2011
Thats a justified kind of wasta, which I support :D lol
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Emirates ID card deadline update Sep 15, 2011
Well if you're willing to travel to one of the 'quieter' emirates or ID centres, you can get the whole thing done in about 30 minutes.

I think I'll cop the 1,000 Dhs fine. It would cost the same to get 2 cards in 3 months anyway.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Emirates ID card deadline update Sep 20, 2011
ridiculous and waste of time. you can read the peoples comments on this issue on the local papers and all are annoyed and angry because it seems impossible to obtain this ID. a friend of mine due to the pressure they put people on last year qued several days for 5 hours just to get his.

no way in hell ill apply till they sort out their issues. (or till I get the fines) :lol:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat