This One's For Chocs! Happiness

Topic locked
This one's For Chocs! Happiness Aug 06, 2011
I don't want to be greedy, so this topic is all about you. I thought I'd call it Happiness and play you a song.

Cheer up luv! :D You use less muscles smiling than scowling, so think of all the money you'll save on Botox!

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: This one's For Chocs! Happiness Aug 06, 2011
And "If I had a hammer"......

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SCt8JPAkgU
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

And some very good advice from Ronan Keating, (You Say It Best) When you say Nothing at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuJrEBtm ... re=related
Bethsmum

^^^ :lol:
Dillon

Re: This one's For Chocs! Happiness Aug 07, 2011
How about just sodding off hey. So you start a post just to make personal attacks - well done you complete loser!

Stalking me round another forum for info? Well done BM, give yourself a huge pat on the back for that one - FYI your info is incorrect - only did it once! Remind me how many forums you've been booted off again?

Dillon, you're a gutless wonder, much like Sage (who seems also to have got bored and disappeared) riding around on BM's coat tails as usual, same as Drew and the rest of the sad little group of minions.

Twats like you two can fcuk off and die for all I care.

Do you know what? I'm done. After 6 years on the forum I just cannot be bothered anymore with idiot people round here.

See ya.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:How about just sodding off hey. So you start a post just to make personal attacks - well done you complete loser!

Stalking me round another forum for info? Well done BM, give yourself a huge pat on the back for that one - FYI your info is incorrect - only did it once! Remind me how many forums you've been booted off again?

Dillon, you're a gutless wonder, much like Sage (who seems also to have got bored and disappeared) riding around on BM's coat tails as usual, same as Drew and the rest of the sad little group of minions.

Twats like you two can love off and die for all I care.

Do you know what? I'm done. After 6 years on the forum I just cannot be bothered anymore with idiot people round here.

See ya.

How's that for a farewell speech! wow! Even Sage got a mention! Seems like you've been saving that up Chocs!
FYI I wasn't stalking you to another forum, I can't say I've looked at expatwoman for months. The post that you made there, that the Police were following you because of your postings, was relayed to me by one of your other fans who found your paranoia nearly as funny as me.
AND much as you'd like to believe, I haven't been booted off any internet forums, ever.
Well sweetie, if you can't take it then you shouldn't dish it out. It was quite amusing the way you swanned around DF as if you owned it, telling me what I could post and when not to, I'll miss that, I really will.
Till we meet again Chocs!

See ya, wouldn't wanna be yer!
Bethsmum

Chocoholic wrote:How about just sodding off hey. So you start a post just to make personal attacks - well done you complete loser!

See ya.

Will need to bump the anger management thread I think for this one!

I'm so preteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

I'm very annouyed with such hostile attitude in the forum against Chocs. She might not be a close friend of mine, but we both (along with all of you) share the same online community, and I believe we all share sweet & bitter moments/memories as we meet on this forum on daily bases, specially the old members such as Chocs!

I remember Chocs since the first day I joined DF, along with Bushra, Liban, and others. This place is more close to them than others who recently joined, and its very annouying having to see Chocs being attacked so randomly in this ugly way.

You guys owe Chocs a BIG apology!
symmetric
BANNED

See ya.

Please, Please, Please don't go!

:lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQdMZ1qrn6k
Dillon

symmetric wrote:I'm very annouyed with such hostile attitude in the forum against Chocs. She might not be a close friend of mine, but we both (along with all of you) share the same online community, and I believe we all share sweet & bitter moments/memories as we meet on this forum on daily bases, specially the old members such as Chocs!

I remember Chocs since the first day I joined DF, along with Bushra, Liban, and others. This place is more close to them than others who recently joined, and its very annouying having to see Chocs being attacked so randomly in this ugly way.

Did you forget to put: :lol: :wink: :lol: at the end of your post?

If you are serious: How did you come to the conclusion that everyone else is the problem and not Chocs? You don't find Chocs constantly stirring up people? Are you doing "selective post reading"? I don't care how much "seniority" or "closeness" one has on a forum, it doesn't give them the right to tell people what they can and cannot post. If you don't like or agree with a post - move on!! scroll down!!! pick another thread!!!. You see what is going on to be a one-way street? I remember Chocs from the day I joined and she hasn't changed one iota. She was nasty to me when I joined and has been nasty to most people who were new to the forum. Here's the situation: Chocs is like a cold and everyone else is just a symtom of that cold. Cure the cold, cure the symtoms.

For you to state that people owe Chocs a BIG apology is beyond belief.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

symmetric wrote:I'm very annouyed with such hostile attitude in the forum against Chocs. She might not be a close friend of mine, but we both (along with all of you) share the same online community, and I believe we all share sweet & bitter moments/memories as we meet on this forum on daily bases, specially the old members such as Chocs!

Just because you have been on a forum for years does not mean you own the place. Chocs reaps what she sowed as far as I'm concerned.
She is a nasty, miserable piece of work.
If she had once ounce of a sense of humour, she would have gone along with this topic which wasn't as hostile as the comments she posted on my topic yesterday.
I've had topics started in my honour in the past, I didn't throw a wobbler and threaten to leave, I just stood my ground and took the punches. That's life on an internet forum.
Bethsmum

I am aware of all the good/bad, funny/lame, decent/cheap comments.
As for your objection on "Who is she to tell us what to say and what not", I think we ALLLLL are guilty!!
BM, you rank the FIRST, the champion for 3 times in a row, lol.

No one is perfect, and you women are so mean to each other :shock: !!!

But recently you all over did it with Chocs, and the moment I felt that she got too upset & hurt about it, I thought I had to interfere to balance things up. Let us assume that its her character, and that you're much wiser than her, why don't you just take the initiative and stem the situation.

Having to lose Chocs like this is just sad, and I kindly request that you guys think it over again.
Do you really want to end it this way? Just to leave with grudges and bad memories?

Com'on for old time's sake, or for Ramadan's sake please :|
symmetric
BANNED

Re: This One's For Chocs! Happiness Aug 07, 2011
This is about the 5th or 6th time Chocs has left.

Who is ALL Sym? Everyone she has managed to provoke? How about you tell Chocs to up the maturity and not put up nasty posts that only provoke people? Are you saying: accept Chocs as she is, swallow her crap, do as she says, and all will be good?

Sym, I have chosen to bypass quite a few of Chocs posts, just so as not to get into it with her. If you agree with Chocs, all is good, if you don't well then expect a battle. I wasn't going to bypass your posts defending her and telling people that they owe her an apology, when in fact, it's the other way around.

She has proven that she has a big issue with BM, as well as many other people. BM posts, Chocs is right behind the post with her nasty comments. There may be others who don't care for BMs posts and don't comment, and then there are others who enjoy her posts.

Trust me when I say that no sleep will be lost over Chocs' decision to leave DF. Why don't you just leave it alone Sym? It's only a forum.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

All, I think the way that Sym put his words we should all give some slack all around.

I appreciate that we all have differences, but you can't really kill someone by putting the CAPS lock on, can we?

I know sometimes Drew can be an absolute pain, but it's obvious that DF can become a part of a life, for good or for bad so can we all try a bit harder.

Shoot me down if you want but remember I'm only an avatar!
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

I'm not sure what you mean by your reference to me being champion 3 times in a row. It's never been a competition for me Sym. I just post what I want without the fear of upsetting anyone, just as you used to, if i remember rightly. It wasn't that long ago that you were wishing death to all of my relatives in Israel. Did I hold it against you? No. This is an internet forum and we are all free to say what we want.
When Chocs called me a Nazi, I'm afraid she over stepped the mark. If your history is as good as you make out then I'm sure you will be able to understand me when I say I can never forgive her for that remark. Nevertheless I continued to absorb her accusations that I was an alcoholic and her threats to send unsolicited goods, including condoms, to my place on JBR.
She has chosen to leave (if we can believe that) of her own accord. No one has driven her off.
I can only deduct from her posts that she has serious mental issues and I wish her well with those problems.

-- Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:29 pm --

drewpeacock wrote:All, I think the way that Sym put his words we should all give some slack all around.

I appreciate that we all have differences, but you can't really kill someone by putting the CAPS lock on, can we?

I know sometimes Drew can be an absolute pain, but it's obvious that DF can become a part of a life, for good or for bad so can we all try a bit harder.

Shoot me down if you want but remember I'm only an avatar!

Bless you Drew! You are never a pain to BM!
I think you are saying that DF is a big part of Chocs life. If this is the case then my thoughts are with the rest of her poor unfortunate life.
Bethsmum

Exactly interpreted BM.

Sometimes it can be difficult to understand what someone has written as words have no tone.

I think we should all have a teeny bit more patience with each other.

Xxx
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: This One's For Chocs! Happiness Aug 08, 2011
drewpeacock wrote:Exactly interpreted BM.

Sometimes it can be difficult to understand what someone has written as words have no tone.

I think we should all have a teeny bit more patience with each other.

Xxx

There is always SHOUTING Drew, or frustration!!!!!!
How about sarcasm :wink: or embarrassment :oops: Then there's shock :shock: or how about I've just had a glass of Chardonnay :drunken:

Anyway... are you still home alone Drew? :D :bounce: :bom: :compress: :cyclopsani: :geek: :king: :sunny: :bootyshake: :fart: :3some: :booty: :downtown: :ky: :love7: :love3: :notworthy:

-- Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:14 am --

Don't read anything into the KY.
Bethsmum

Re: This one's For Chocs! Happiness Aug 08, 2011

I know she has said it many times before, and over more trivial matters, but the relentless attacks on Chocs passed being acceptable a long time ago and I am surprised that she has lasted this long.
Many members have come and gone but I admire chocs commitment to stick with it for so long. She has been an valued member over the years and it would be a shame to see her go.
benwj

Its always a shame to see anyone leave DF ben. It's her decision. This place is big enough for everyone. It's just a shame she couldn't see that.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Its always a shame to see anyone leave

No its not.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:

No its not.

you are the only around here who brags about driving people of DF munchkin! You've tried hard enough with me and failed miserably! It's just a shame for you that when someone says no to me, I just think yes. :D
Bethsmum

I bet that if we all met in real life, it would be a mass hug fest. :wink:
busa
Dubai forums Addict

what happened? did chocs really leave :?:
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

:bounce:

-- Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:41 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:

No its not.

Yes it is!
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

benwj wrote:I know she has said it many times before, and over more trivial matters, but the relentless attacks on Chocs passed being acceptable a long time ago and I am surprised that she has lasted this long.
Many members have come and gone but I admire chocs commitment to stick with it for so long. She has been an valued member over the years and it would be a shame to see her go.

How about the relentless unnecessary nasty comments BY Chocs??

What defines a "valued member"? Amount of time one is a member of DF? Total number of posts? Total number of posts that have little or no substance? Total number of posts for being nasty?

I'm sure someone is enjoying this moment. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

general_A wrote:what happened? did chocs really leave :?:

Who knows general? She certainly made a farewell speech. Time will tell! Personally I'd be a bit embarrassed to turn up after that little lot. :oops:
I think she may be off to write her book 'How To Win Friends and Influence People'

-- Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:32 pm --

busa wrote:I bet that if we all met in real life, it would be a mass hug fest. :wink:

I'm sure it would busa. You seem like a touchy feely person :wink:
Bethsmum

@Dear Bora, I totally hear you.

I understand that the kind of issues between you guys were a bit sensitive, however my objection here is just on one point, and that is the extra strike back on her that caught my attention.

What I meant by saying "ALL of us are guilty when it comes to telling others what to say and what not", is that none of us is perfect. I hope you atleast agree with me on this one =)

What saddens me is seeing you guys leave each other holding such grudges and hostile feelings towards each other. One of the worst things in life is to live while carrying with you some bad memories.
I just hope there is a chance that you people can make up things together, not necessarily to be friends, but atleast to end things in a better way without having to have bad memories or grudges against each other.

-- Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:32 pm --

Bethsmum wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by your reference to me being champion 3 times in a row. It's never been a competition for me Sym. I just post what I want without the fear of upsetting anyone, just as you used to, if i remember rightly. It wasn't that long ago that you were wishing death to all of my relatives in Israel. Did I hold it against you? No. This is an internet forum and we are all free to say what we want.
When Chocs called me a Nazi, I'm afraid she over stepped the mark. If your history is as good as you make out then I'm sure you will be able to understand me when I say I can never forgive her for that remark. Nevertheless I continued to absorb her accusations that I was an alcoholic and her threats to send unsolicited goods, including condoms, to my place on JBR.
She has chosen to leave (if we can believe that) of her own accord. No one has driven her off.
I can only deduct from her posts that she has serious mental issues and I wish her well with those problems.

Dear BM, I was just being sarcastic about the 3 times in a row champion, as in none of us is perfect.

I have never literally wished death to your relatives or anyone else that I know in real life, nor I really meant whatever none sense I said as I was going through a phase of anger towards the current political issues, which I already declared that I won't discuss on DF anymore.
Moreover, I get very provoked when someone brings up an ex-mistake of mine (that I cleared up to everyone) an example while discussing an issue. Not out of ego, rather to avoid remembering a bad memory of my life.

I'm NOT accusing you of anything here BM, rather I just want to take advantage since you just braught it up to pass everyone a soft reminder to please respect my request to never bring up my ex-mistakes as an example as it makes me feel so bad.

I wish there is a way to "SHIFT+DEL" all the bad memories of my life, but its impossible.
The only effective way is to never look back to it, nor discuss it, and try to make more good memories instead.

Likewise with Chocs, I just hope you guys make up things together to avoid having to live with hard feelings against each other. BM, regardless whatever Chocs said about you being a Nazi or other stuff, but I think its worse having to live while keeping deep grudges against others. Why not be a forgiving person instead?

In Islam, I was always taught that if a person let goes others mistakes & forgives them for the sake of God, then God shall reward him/her a peacfull life. I wish you a peacful life, & I'm pretty much sure you'll forgive others.

-- Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:34 pm --

busa wrote:I bet that if we all met in real life, it would be a mass hug fest. :wink:

I call for a meeting!
We should all meet together sometime, I suggest winter ;)
symmetric
BANNED

Sym, no one is perfect. Where were you when BM was getting it from all sides - big time!! I'm sure you are of the opinion, "well she (BM) asked for it", and that may be true, AND the same can be said for what's-her-name.

I hold onto good memories and don't dwell on the bad ones. DF doesn't have a place in my memory bank. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

symmetric wrote:I call for a meeting!
We should all meet together sometime, I suggest winter ;)

As long as you are there to talk about the good ol days sym, sounds good.
benwj

+1
ekka
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat