Freed After Rap

Topic locked
freed after rap Jul 17, 2011
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... d-sex.html

And I thought our courts are bad loooool

-- Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:27 am --

But wait , that girl on the picture is 12 ? What steroids is she on ..

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Freed After Rap Jul 17, 2011
Dirty deeds, both ways!
symmetric
BANNED

Re: freed after rap Jul 17, 2011
uaekid wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014278/Jailed-footballers-freed-judges-rape-appeal-say-girls-12-wanted-love.html

The English common law, which is similar to that practised in other commonwealth countries(britain's greatest export ever), in principle is steadfast and supreme. Unfortunately in practise it fails on many counts. American Law is just as vulnerable. It's of high imperitive that all countries who practise common law, up their standards and strive towards imporvement.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

uaekid wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014278/Jailed-footballers-freed-judges-rape-appeal-say-girls-12-wanted-love.html

I'm not sure whether you think the men should or shouldn't have been jailed in the first place.

I have to say I have sympathies for both sides in this case. The girls certainly weren't free from blame although they were only reported to be 12 years old. There are no winners here. Those men will now be on the sex offenders register and have a criminal record.

The moral of this story is that parents should have more control of what their children are up to.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I don't sympathize with anyone in the story...
event horizon

event horizon wrote:I don't sympathize with anyone in the story...

That's a bit hard EH. The girls were vunerable and I blame the parents for that and the men were taken in by some stupid females.

I would hope that everyone has learnt a lesson the hard way.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:

That's a bit hard EH. The girls were vunerable and I blame the parents for that and the men were taken in by some stupid females.

How "innocent" could they have been??? I think I was still playing with dolls at age 12. :lol: How were these girls vunerable when they initiated it?? You can't blame the parents all the time BM - we do live in the internet age and kids spend a huge amount of time on it, in addition to kids being on their own because either both parents work or they come from a single parent home and that parent has to work. Most parents give their 12 year olds a huge amount of trust and think their kids are doing the same as they were when they were 12.

As for the team - what an ugly bunch they are.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: freed after rap Jul 18, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:

What does that mean they were vulnerable? They sought out contact with adults online.

I hate to imagine that everyone forgets that we were once all twelve years old and yet we were just as capable of making these types as decisions when were that age as we are now.

If you're twelve and seek out strangers to have orgies with then there's no further lesson for you to learn. Might as well have a late term abortion at this point.
event horizon

I can't help but feel that these girls were vunerable. They were 12 years old. I have a 15 year old daughter. She has access to mobile phones and the internet. I still don't think she has had as much experience of life as I had when I was her age, despite the enhanced communications.
It's up to the parents to keep their kids safe until they are capable of looking after themselves.
Having said that I do have a certain amount of sympathy with the men involved.
It isn't always easy to second guess a girl's age and if the girls were misrepresenting themselves then they were asking for trouble.
I wouldn't want to be associated with either party in this case. They are the under belly of English society.
Bethsmum

Right, we need to feel sorry for them because they're only little girls. I'm sure we'd see the same sympathy for twelve year old boys....

And if your daughter is contacting strangers for an orgy, not only are you a failure as a parent, but your daughter is a failure as a human being.

So no, I don't feel sorry for them. 99.99% of twelve year olds have managed to know better.
event horizon

Shocking stuff on a number of levels.

I shudder to think that if the girls were 16 as they claimed, then there would be no crime and no story. :shock:

(I have to say though, I agree with eh on this - although, given that 12 year old mothers make it to UK national stats, I suspect more than 0.01% of 12 year olds in the UK are not virgins.. )

:shock:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

No, it says she's a rape survivor. The story quoted her for some reason. But she's not directly involved with the story in your article.
event horizon

For once I agree with you. I put more blame on the parents though.
symmetric
BANNED

shafique wrote: I suspect more than 0.01% of 12 year olds in the UK are not virgins.. )

Cheers,
Shafique

Is this something you have personal experience on or are you just making it up as you go along?
Bethsmum

Geez those blokes all fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down didn't they?!

Shocking story. Wrongs on both sides - erm aren't youngsters meant to be 13 before you can open a FB account? It is a huge failing on the part of the parents. Children are forced to grow up far too quickly these days. Also terrible that we don't have a statutory rape law in the UK, that would have seen these men jailed for a long time.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Freed After Rap Jul 18, 2011
What a terrible story. I think both the boys and girls should get house arrest with those ankle alarms! Keep them out of trouble and thinking about what they did for a while! It is not appropriate for six boys to go to a park to have se.x with two girls who may very well be lying about their age. I doubt they actually cared because they were likely only thinking about getting laid. They boys knew they outnumbered the girls and knew there was the potential for things to get out of hand. If those girls were being suggestive and initially wanted to have s.ex, but then changed their minds, they likely would feel compelled to go through with it because they were outnumbered. The girls should know the age of consent and never have lied about their age. They were all foolish to have put themselves in that situation.

Seriously, why don't parents know what their kids are doing on the internet and why are kids allowed to stay out so late, and unsupervised?

Of course kids who hit puberty are feeling more s.exual and are curious about se.x - but it is up to parents and society in general to encourage kids to wait until they are more mature and can handle the complications and consequences of having s.ex.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

bring out the whip :D
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

what's important is the massage that the judge sent to the kids ! its ok for underage to have se> if it is their wish ??!!?? parents can go as fare as educating their kids to a certain age but can't watch them 24/7 and can't stop negative society influences on them "to be cool""
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

uaekid wrote:what's important is the massage that the judge sent to the kids ! its ok for underage to have se> if it is their wish ??!!?? parents can go as fare as educating their kids to a certain age but can't watch them 24/7 and can't stop negative society influences on them "to be cool""

I don't think that was the message sent out from the Judge. I think he is acknowledging that it wasn't only the fault of the men in this situation. They weren't let off but had their punishment reduced. The girls must shoulder their responsibility too.
From what I know of kids in the UK, most would not consider this to be cool at all.
Contrary to what Shafique would have you believe there are some very nice and well behaved teenagers in the UK today. Not all girls are single teenage mothers and have lost their virginity by age 12.
Unfortunately you get scum in all societies and it's not exclusive to the UK.
Bethsmum

uaekid wrote:what's important is the massage that the judge sent to the kids ! its ok for underage to have se> if it is their wish ??!!?? parents can go as fare as educating their kids to a certain age but can't watch them 24/7 and can't stop negative society influences on them "to be cool""

You're exactly right on that. It's pretty shocking by any standards.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

^I'm prudish enough to think this would be shocking if the girls were 16 as they claimed on FB.

Perhaps it is a class thing - but I'm not sure I'd assume that only the lower social orders engage in group s.ex etc at young ages. I think that it is more to do with how the kids are brought up and the values they have, not what social class they are. I'm sure that rich teenage boys are as horny as the poorer guys. They just have better lawyers, I'd guess.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I see you didn't address my query as how you suspect many 12 year olds are not virgins Shafique. I wondered whether you were trying to unburden yourself or something.
Bethsmum

Re: freed after rap Jul 19, 2011
shafique wrote:Shocking stuff on a number of levels.

I shudder to think that if the girls were 16 as they claimed, then there would be no crime and no story. :shock:

(I have to say though, I agree with eh on this - although, given that 12 year old mothers make it to UK national stats, I suspect more than 0.01% of 12 year olds in the UK are not virgins.. )

Cheers,
Shafique

You really must brush up on your comprehension skills BM.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:
shafique wrote:Shocking stuff on a number of levels.

Cheers,
Shafique

You really must brush up on your comprehension skills BM.

Cheers,
Shafique

I would find it hard to improve on an 'A' for English comprehension. I've also just completed a course in plain speaking especially designed for conversing with thickos.
Bethsmum

Re: Freed After Rap Jul 19, 2011
Did you pass the course? Or was it one of those designed for thickos where everyone passes? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Did you pass the course? Or was it one of those designed for thickos where everyone passes? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

No, I think your comprehension skills are failing you Shafique. Did you study English under a coconut tree?
I said the course was especially designed for conversing with thickos. That means (in plain English) that you keep things really simple. We have to consider that foreigners may not understand us. Did I make that clear enough?
Bethsmum

I simply asked whether you passed the course? Was the question difficult?

Here, I'll make it easy for you - choose one:
1. Yes, I passed the course and can now converse with thickos
2. Mmm, the biscuits were nice and I had nice chats with the fellow with the comb-over.

:D :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I simply asked whether you passed the course? Was the question difficult?

Here, I'll make it easy for you - choose one:
1. Yes, I passed the course and can now converse with thickos
2. Mmm, the biscuits were nice and I had nice chats with the fellow with the comb-over.

:D :D

Cheers,
Shafique

I don't believe the course had a pass or a fail. It was a course, not an exam. You undergo a course of tuition and at the end (if appropriate) you take an exam to determine if you passed or failed the course. Some courses don't have an exam at the end. This was one of those courses.
So no, I can't choose one.

Who was the fellow with the comb over? I don't remember seeing him. There wasn't anyone with a beard either.
Bethsmum

shafique wrote:Did you pass the course? Or was it one of those designed for thickos where everyone passes? ;)

You see, you could have just said 'everyone passes the course' and we would have understood.

:mrgreen:

Anyway, I'm glad you're employer is taking the initiative to get you to be able to talk to thickos. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sorry Shafique, I obviously hadn't taken the course seriously enough and I'm still not writing clearly enough for you.

My employer is the British Government, and unfortunatley I have to be able to converse with everyone, no matter how low their level of level of intelligence, just as I am doing now.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat