Bloggers In Court

Topic locked
Re: Bloggers in court Jun 19, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

(it's the only phrase I remember from school :D )

Or that you can remember from Lady Marmalade!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:

Or All Saints!
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

symmetric wrote:Agar Pars be joz viroon-sara nist, man in viroon-sara ra doost douram ~

Hahaha ,, What I wrote was not in French though, it was in Persian :mrgreen:
Good one though lol
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:
symmetric wrote:Agar Pars be joz viroon-sara nist, man in viroon-sara ra doost douram ~

Hahaha ,, What I wrote was not in French though, it was in Persian :mrgreen:
Good one though lol

I gathered that Sym :drunken: I know my french is bad but not that bad! :D
Bethsmum

Re: Bloggers In Court Jun 19, 2011
Moi aussi mon Francaise est tresssss mal haha
I took French classes at school, but I always disliked it.

The only Latin based language I'm interested in is Spanish, as its easy and useful.
The only Asian based language I'm interested in is Japanese, I just love it! :D
symmetric
BANNED

Bethsmum wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

Or All Saints!

er Lady Marmalade is the song title and has been covered loads of times, yes by the All Saints at one point.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Bloggers In Court Jun 19, 2011
Sym is in a very healthy mood today :)
symmetric
BANNED

Bora Bora wrote:
bushra21 wrote:Please don't speak about locals as a whole as if you're our God (a3uthubilla) or something - been trying really hard to stay out of this conversation; but you're just making us look worse and worse and worse...

@ burshra. Not to worry hon. The only one he manages to make look foolish is himself. He is definitely an exception and does not represent locals.

@ Kid, clearly I have hit a few nerves with you. :lol:

The examples you site: Mexican, Chinese, etc. you refer to them Americans. And as long as they are in the country legally and documented, they are as much as an American as I am regardless of their ethnicity - they are not expats. You spent what - a couple of years as a student in the US and you know all about America? You tell people who have been in the UAE for years that they don't know anything about the UAE, yet you spend a couple of years in America and you know all about America!!!! You know as much about America as you do the reality of the UAE (and expats!). :lol: :lol:

Discussion closed.

Oohhh bora bora I’m still standing to my ground !!! I turned to know more about more about America than the American after all , like I said , your government is allowing it I’m guessing the reason it is your capability ? or do you have a perfectly good explanation for it

What isn't being talked about on the news or by politicians is that while millions of native-born American workers are struggling to find employment, there are some 125,000 foreign workers being legally welcomed each and every month into the United States to fill jobs Americans supposedly are unable or unwilling to fill.

Many organizations are actually requesting more. Roy Beck, founder of NumbersUSA.com, explains in the video below that over the last 12-month period there were 951,247 green cards issued. Green cards give immigrants work permits that remain good throughout their lifetime. These green card holders can stay in the United States and work throughout their entire life if they choose. In addition to the green cards issued during that same time period, another 947,340 foreign workers were granted temporary work permits. These temporary permits do expire, but the holders of those permits can later apply for a permanent green card.

Combining these two numbers tells us that 1.9 million work permits were granted to immigrants during the past year. Broken down, that equals 160,000 work permits issued per month. To appease immigrant activists who object that the 1.9 million number may include some immigrants that may already have been in the U.S. with temporary permits, let's go ahead and remove those workers from that number. That still leaves some 125,000 work permits being issued each and every month.

Let's look at what's going on at one more angle: According to NumbersUSA.com, 7.3 million jobs were eliminated from the American payroll since the start of 2008, while 2.7 million new foreign workers were granted permanent work permits and temporary work visas by the federal government during that same period. These foreign workers supposedly are needed to perform jobs that Americans cannot or will not do, though it's uncertain who determines what those jobs are. Ask any unemployed American worker at random that question, and you'll likely get a much different answer. Wouldn't it then be fair to say that representing that assumption on their behalf might then be considered an affront to either their work ethic or the intelligence of unemployed American workers — or both?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

You are wrong and you turned to know nothing about your country…. So could you give us your professional opinion about the highlighted parts (they do ring a bill, right? ), clearly there is a perfectly good explanation to it, lets hear it or are you sticking to the discussion being closed..

-- Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:55 pm --

Bora Bora wrote:
bushra21 wrote:Please don't speak about locals as a whole as if you're our God (a3uthubilla) or something - been trying really hard to stay out of this conversation; but you're just making us look worse and worse and worse...

@ burshra. Not to worry hon. The only one he manages to make look foolish is himself. He is definitely an exception and does not represent locals.

@ Kid, clearly I have hit a few nerves with you. :lol:

The examples you site: Mexican, Chinese, etc. you refer to them Americans. And as long as they are in the country legally and documented, they are as much as an American as I am regardless of their ethnicity - they are not expats. You spent what - a couple of years as a student in the US and you know all about America? You tell people who have been in the UAE for years that they don't know anything about the UAE, yet you spend a couple of years in America and you know all about America!!!! You know as much about America as you do the reality of the UAE (and expats!). :lol: :lol:

Discussion closed.

Oohhh bora bora I’m still standing to my ground !!! I turned to know more about more about America than the American after all , like I said , your government is allowing it I’m guessing the reason it is your capability ? or do you have a perfectly good explanation for it

What isn't being talked about on the news or by politicians is that while millions of native-born American workers are struggling to find employment, there are some 125,000 foreign workers being legally welcomed each and every month into the United States to fill jobs Americans supposedly are unable or unwilling to fill.

Many organizations are actually requesting more. Roy Beck, founder of NumbersUSA.com, explains in the video below that over the last 12-month period there were 951,247 green cards issued. Green cards give immigrants work permits that remain good throughout their lifetime. These green card holders can stay in the United States and work throughout their entire life if they choose. In addition to the green cards issued during that same time period, another 947,340 foreign workers were granted temporary work permits. These temporary permits do expire, but the holders of those permits can later apply for a permanent green card.

Combining these two numbers tells us that 1.9 million work permits were granted to immigrants during the past year. Broken down, that equals 160,000 work permits issued per month. To appease immigrant activists who object that the 1.9 million number may include some immigrants that may already have been in the U.S. with temporary permits, let's go ahead and remove those workers from that number. That still leaves some 125,000 work permits being issued each and every month.

Let's look at what's going on at one more angle: According to NumbersUSA.com, 7.3 million jobs were eliminated from the American payroll since the start of 2008, while 2.7 million new foreign workers were granted permanent work permits and temporary work visas by the federal government during that same period. These foreign workers supposedly are needed to perform jobs that Americans cannot or will not do, though it's uncertain who determines what those jobs are. Ask any unemployed American worker at random that question, and you'll likely get a much different answer. Wouldn't it then be fair to say that representing that assumption on their behalf might then be considered an affront to either their work ethic or the intelligence of unemployed American workers — or both?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

You are wrong and you turned to know nothing about your country…. So could you give us your professional opinion about the highlighted parts (they do ring a bill, right? ), clearly there is a perfectly good explanation to it, lets hear it or are you sticking to the discussion being closed..
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

uaekid wrote:You are wrong and you turned to know nothing about your country…. So could you give us your professional opinion about the highlighted parts (they do ring a bill, right? ), clearly there is a perfectly good explanation to it, lets hear it or are you sticking to the discussion being closed..

I never said the US doesn't hire expats, just not as many as you claim, which was, I believe "in the millions". Nor is the US reliant on expats, whereas Dubai is. You can't compare the population of over 307 million in the US to the 1 million you quote. There is a movement in America, by Americans, to stop foreign recruitment. As for companies going outside to recruit, it's a matter of cheap labor, pretty much what Dubai did and continues to do for laborers, servants, sales people - you know, those low level jobs that even Emiratis won't take. BUT, Dubai does pay a pretty dollar to the higher level that they recruit because............either they can't find qualified locals or locals aren't willing to do the job. Oooops.

You still know squat about the US. The only areas you excel at is denial and delusion.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Bloggers in court Jun 20, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:
uaekid wrote:You are wrong and you turned to know nothing about your country…. So could you give us your professional opinion about the highlighted parts (they do ring a bill, right? ), clearly there is a perfectly good explanation to it, lets hear it or are you sticking to the discussion being closed..

I never said the US doesn't hire expats, just not as many as you claim, which was, I believe "in the millions". Nor is the US reliant on expats, whereas Dubai is. You can't compare the population of over 307 million in the US to the 1 million you quote. There is a movement in America, by Americans, to stop foreign recruitment. As for companies going outside to recruit, it's a matter of cheap labor, pretty much what Dubai did and continues to do for laborers, servants, sales people - you know, those low level jobs that even Emiratis won't take. BUT, Dubai does pay a pretty dollar to the higher level that they recruit because............either they can't find qualified locals or locals aren't willing to do the job. Oooops.

You still know squat about the US. The only areas you excel at is denial and delusion.

well im back, something realy bad happend to me few days ago, anyway,

well there is one thing we all know about america, it has been run for eight years by satan with a texan accent. elected twice by americans, but who are we to judge, right?
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Bloggers In Court Jun 20, 2011
LOL, another brainwashed victim.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

well im back, something realy bad happend to me few days ago

I'm sorry to hear that general! I hope you're ok. Nice to see you back.
Bethsmum

drewpeacock wrote:LOL, another brainwashed victim.

im sorry, but did i say something wrong? please correct me if i'm wrong.

-- Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:59 am --

Bethsmum wrote:
well im back, something realy bad happend to me few days ago

I'm sorry to hear that general! I hope you're ok. Nice to see you back.

thanks a lot BM, yea everything is better now, well working on it :)
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

general_A wrote:well im back, something realy bad happend to me few days ago, anyway,

well there is one thing we all know about america, it has been run for eight years by satan with a texan accent. elected twice by americans, but who are we to judge, right?

:drunken: Did you get your info from the Kid??

Errr, Barack Obama is not a texan and has been in office for the past 2-1/2 years. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
general_A wrote:well im back, something realy bad happend to me few days ago, anyway,

:drunken: Did you get your info from the Kid??

Errr, Barack Obama is not a texan and has been in office for the past 2-1/2 years. :roll:

you know i wasnt talking about obama :?

i'll give u a hint, his name starts with jeorge and ends with bush, and no its not him either, it's his son
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

More hints please!
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Man! Your avatar is annouyingm, makes my eyes go up&down :shock:
symmetric
BANNED

Will be replaced by a more mundane avatar when DesertDunce removes his annoyance.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Why not take the innitiative and be a better person :mrgreen:
symmetric
BANNED

Waiting on DesertDunce to do that as he was requested on several occassions a few months ago.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat