Mobile Phones Are As Cancerous As HPV, Engine Exhaust [WHO]

Topic locked
Mobile phones are as cancerous as HPV, engine exhaust [WHO] Jun 04, 2011
The World Health Organization on Tuesday reclassified radio frequency electromagnetic fields generated by radio, television and wireless telecommunications as being possibly carcinogenic to humans.
.Because of these findings, the group declared mobile phone radiation to be a "2B" carcinogen. This is the same cancer threat as that borne by gasoline engine exhaust and certain types of Human papillomavirus (HPV 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59).

http://www.betanews.com/article/Mobile- ... 1306866219

The above declaration was done on -> May 31, 2011

In plain english excessive Mobile Phone usage could lead to cancer , The classification system is as follows ->

International Agency for Research on Cancer

The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) is part of the World Health Organization (WHO). Its major goal is to identify causes of cancer. The most widely used system for classifying carcinogens comes from the IARC. In the past 30 years, the IARC has evaluated the cancer-causing potential of more than 900 likely candidates, placing them into one of the following groups:

Group 1: Carcinogenic to humans
Group 2A: Probably carcinogenic to humans
Group 2B: Possibly carcinogenic to humans
Group 3: Unclassifiable as to carcinogenicity in humans
Group 4: Probably not carcinogenic to humans

Perhaps not surprisingly, based on how hard it can be to test these candidate carcinogens, most are listed as being of probable, possible, or unknown risk. Only a little over 100 are classified as "carcinogenic to humans."

http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerCaus ... arcinogens

Perhaps you are wondering why arent cell phone companies increasing awareness of this ? Take a guess :?

Moral of the story - Those of you in-charge of tiny humans, Throw away their cellphones, RIGHT NOW !

zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Mobile phones are as cancerous as HPV, engine exhaust [W Jun 04, 2011
They been saying this for years. You'd be surprised how hot your phone gets after quite long calls, that's why I tend to text these days to be honest. I used to have a little copper coil device that could be inserted into a phone cover, to draw the radiation away - whether it was effective or not, I'm not quite sure.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I don't believe it at all, if were really true what would half of the population be suffering from, come on, get real.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Strangely enough, when I hold a conversation on my mobile phone, I invariably walk in anti-clockwise circles when holding the phone in my left hand to my left ear and conversely, walk in clockwise circles when holding the phone in my right hand to my right ear!! But what worries me most of all is why do I walk at all when talking on the mobile phone? :shock:

:lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Mobile phones are as cancerous as HPV, engine exhaust [W Jun 05, 2011
sage & onion wrote:I don't believe it at all, if were really true what would half of the population be suffering from, come on, get real.

But Sage you have to bear in mind mobiles are a relatively new thing, only what 10-15 years old! Many of the side effects of items don't come to light until years after use.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Mobile phones are as cancerous as HPV, engine exhaust [W Jun 05, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:But Sage you have to bear in mind mobiles are a relatively new thing, only what 10-15 years old! Many of the side effects of items don't come to light until years after use.

Yes Excellent point Ms Chocs ,

Indeed the effects would be known only later , Now with the tech world and their concentration on mobile computing , basic health concerns will be definitely be overlooked to market their products , Another point of concern would be the mushrooming of so many cell phone towers , For those of you who dont know what they are , A cell phone tower is just an amplifier , So the surrounding areas are bathed in radiation , As time progresses and the nature of the signals become stronger ( to carry more data , for all those video calls to your mistresses) , the radiation exposure will definitely go up,

But this phenomenon is nothing new , Many times in the past something was introduced and their negative effects were only known later, Therefore efforts must be done such that vulnerable population is not exposed to unnecessary amounts of radiation from cell phone usage.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat