Help Give UAE Animals A Voice

Topic locked
Re: Help give UAE animals a voice May 25, 2011
Back ON topic - it seems the local press have now picked up the petition and it's starting to gather some ground, which is great news :D

Going slightly sideways, it saddens me to once again today see people trying to 'off-load' the animals they'd taken on, just because the pet becomes a bit naughty - newsflash - this happens when they're young, they're like children and need a lot of attention, care, discipline and effort. If you can't dedicate the time don't have them.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Help Give UAE Animals A Voice May 25, 2011
Good to hear that the word is getting out there.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
kanelli wrote:Chocs ignoring did not stopped BM from following her to several threads and making personal attacks in each one, so I did speak up. I also spoke up about DDS and Chocs being mean to BM. If you people don't like it, welcome to Fight Club and b1tch me out there.

Have a nice day too!

I think you can only have 10 people on your foe list. At your pace you're going to exceed that number. Then what? People don't have to go to fight club to point out the obvious.

Everyone else is staying out of it, you might try doing the same.

Yes, I can see you are doing a great job of staying out of it, like you usually do. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
kanelli wrote:Chocs ignoring did not stopped BM from following her to several threads and making personal attacks in each one, so I did speak up. I also spoke up about DDS and Chocs being mean to BM. If you people don't like it, welcome to Fight Club and b1tch me out there.

Have a nice day too!

I think you can only have 10 people on your foe list. At your pace you're going to exceed that number. Then what? People don't have to go to fight club to point out the obvious.

Everyone else is staying out of it, you might try doing the same.

Yes, I can see you are doing a great job of staying out of it, like you usually do. :lol:

The only exchange I'm having Kanelli is with you. I'm waiting for your response to Ambassador and DK since they think you need to mind you own business as well.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Read my response in Fight Club.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Read my response in Fight Club.

As Chocs is trying to do: back on topic!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Help give UAE animals a voice May 30, 2011
I wouldnt mind adopting a kitten.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

There's plenty of homeless kittens RB. Just visit Feline Friends or have a look on Dubizzle.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

rudeboy wrote:I wouldnt mind adopting a kitten.

One of Beth's friends offered her his kitten as he went off it when it scratched him. he's going to get a tea cup dog instead. I'll take it off him when he gets bored.

21704_teacup-yorkie.jpg
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Chocoholic wrote:There's plenty of homeless kittens RB. Just visit Feline Friends or have a look on Dubizzle.

if i walk into one of the shelters and told them i want to adopt one they will probably have a laugh cos of my skin color. They will probably think I will go away and sell it in the local market :D and will probably tell me to bugger offf!!!

But honestly I wouldnt mind adopting one as long as its potty trained because I havent got the time to train one!!!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Adopting from the shelters doesn't work like that. People are checked to make sure they will make a good owner for the animal, and there is a fee attached to adopting - this is to make sure people are serious about taking on an animal.

They're not biased towards any particualr nationality RB, they're just happy people would like to home and animal.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Adopting from the shelters doesn't work like that. People are checked to make sure they will make a good owner for the animal, and there is a fee attached to adopting - this is to make sure people are serious about taking on an animal.

They're not biased towards any particualr nationality RB, they're just happy people would like to home and animal.

there is fee attached :S what the hell. I thought it was FREE!!! AAAH sod it than, I might as well adopt a child, who I can watch grow and atleast he/she will learn how to do potty in the correct place :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

erm do you think these shelters run on thin air? How do you think they pay for vaccinating and neutering the animals? They run on donations and fund raising from the general public, there is no government involvement. As I said the 'fee' makes sure that any potential adopter is serious about taking the animal.

You just proved the point and the reason why.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I think he's winding you up Chocs.
Bethsmum

Re: Help give UAE animals a voice May 31, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:I think he's winding you up Chocs.

More than likely BM, but so many people try to adopt animals and then are put off by the adoption fees. You know how it works.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Help Give UAE Animals A Voice May 31, 2011
I have two small seal pups in my garden that are attracting complaints from next door as he says, "the continuously honk and flap their fins".

Would K9 friends take them in as I am being harresed from the big guy next door who claims he cannot sleep at night.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

I don't think seals are K9s Drew, so you may struggle there.
Have you tried Dubai Zoo?
Alternatively, get your wife to tell the neighbour to mind his own business.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:I think he's winding you up Chocs.

8) :lol: :mrgreen:
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Help give UAE animals a voice Jun 01, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:I don't think seals are K9s Drew, so you may struggle there.

Next door came around last night and burst their beach balls and damaged their honking horns

What do I do?

Is there a place that take care of cats, afterall the seals have whiskers.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: Help give UAE animals a voice Jun 01, 2011
drewpeacock wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:I don't think seals are K9s Drew, so you may struggle there.

Next door came around last night and burst their beach balls and damaged their honking horns

What do I do?

Is there a place that take care of cats, afterall the seals have whiskers.

I can see you have problems Drew. Why don't you just take them (the seals, not the neighbours) down to the beach in front of JBR and let them go. I don't know if seals have big brains or what, I just hope they don't remember the way back to your place. That would be a good story for a film tho'. A bit like 'Lassie Come Home'. Do the seals have names?
Bethsmum

Re: Help Give UAE Animals A Voice Jun 01, 2011
or maybe free willy :D name the seal willy!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat